• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pivot shaft on Wheelhouse

coffee

Question

The pivot shaft on my retractable wheel fish house is siezed (rust).

I can move it with the cable winch, and some with a small jack.

The frame was made in Vesta, Mn. It is about a 2003 model, the same

frame used under the Ice Castles during that period. Does anyone have any

tips? Once I get it loose I will be grinding the shaft down so

there is some room for movement.

9 answers to this question

anti seize compound that stuff when you first bring it home.. ever 3 years do this.. it will save you ALOT of work. i live close to where they make them. and sometimes they dont use grease on the pivot shafts..

WOW, Coffee, I'm not much good with mechanical stuff so I can't help. Seems funny you get over 90 views of this subject and the only tip is to do something you should have done over 7 years ago, a bit too late for that. I normally see readers being extremely helpful on this site. OH well - My 'two cents'.

Any hoow my 2c is to try pb blaster it is a arisol can to eat rust, knocker loose, or a little heat and a big hammer. I hope this can help but I don't know what the frame looks like.

heat heat and more heat put blocking under trailer with a small gap between fram and blocking to use the weight of trailer then heat and dont quit untill it moves good luck

Thanks, I have a weed-burner torch (LP) not sure if that will get it hot enough. Maybe I'll need to find someone with a cutting torch.

Coffee, have you tried calling CW in Vesta? He may have an idea of how to un-sieze it. I also have pivot arms built by them and found the owner to be very helpful when I had them made. Mine have the grease zerks built in so I pump them full and exercise them every other month. Good luck.

Kroil is good stuff!! probly gonna need heat thou...lots of it..propane not hot eough & will probly do more damage than good...