• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

C'Mere deer

blarkey

Didnt do much for me the times I tried it, but that doesnt mean much.... Apple flavored Buck Jam is my favorite, that and White tail institute 30-06. My trail camera shows more activity with those as opposed to C'mere deer. I am sure every area is different though.

My friend used c'mere deer once and when a doe got close enough to smell it, it was g'bye deer as it ran off with it's tail up!

He was trying to give it away! sick

Ted Nugent tried it deer hunting in California and got charged with baiting. I believe he pled no contest and paid the fine. Damage to hunters image in the public eye is way more than the fine. Don't want to hijack the post. Just watch the regs with these attractants.

lakevet

I have had real good luck with what they call Block Topper. Seems to work real good.------57----

My opinion, its all garbage with the exception of salt and mineral sites, however those really aren't for hunting over.

I love the stuff, as well as Block Topper. Prefer the powder to the liquid though. Go back to last years posts of my trail cam pics and you'll see how they like it. FYI- This is used in conjunction with mineral licks.

I'm confused people are talking about this stuff like it is legal to use. Its ILLEGAL talk to any conservation officer, most of the stuff claims to stay in the ground for months. Just my opinion, but if you have to cheat to get a deer more power to you. Couldnt agree more with bear55 and that stuff is legal.

its not all illegal-pg 70 regs--Liquid scents, sprays, salt, and minerals, are not considered bait

or feed.

• Any attractant that contains grain or other food sources is considered

bait or feed.------dont know what they all contain, but if its artificial stuff(no grain) ur ok- but in my experience it dont really work anyway- save ur cash

didn't think this would be such a touchy subject, not nearly as bad as baiting bear with jelly donuts and bacon grease

I'm confused people are talking about this stuff like it is legal to use. Its ILLEGAL talk to any conservation officer, most of the stuff claims to stay in the ground for months. Just my opinion, but if you have to cheat to get a deer more power to you. Couldnt agree more with bear55 and that stuff is legal.

i have tried deer cain, worked ok, now i just use plain water softner salt, get pics on the camera everyday of deer on the salt. until mid sept. then the deer seem to move on to more of a food diet.

After living in Minnesota all my life I moved across the bridge (for the love of a woman and for nothing else)and found myself a Wisconsin resident for the first time. Wisconsin permits deer baiting, it took me a little getting used to the idea. But after seeing the damage done to my wifes flowers, thinning the city herd is a good idea and to that end, I'm in favor of baiting, particularly for archery. Which bait works best may be up for debate but I believe the deer go for it all, they are hungry critters for sure. Last year I followed unbelievable deer tracks right into some other hunters bait station! (he was using corn btw). Whether a particualr attractant is a food source or a scent may be a fine distinction. I think just about all of the commercially prepared food attractants work.

I was talking about using it in front of my cameras, not for hunting. We should all know i hope that the powder style with grains in it is illegal to hunt over.