• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vikings Press Conference Background

Antero

Just happened to see the background behind #4 at his press conference. Why would the Vikes want to remind their fans that they have been in existence for all those years without a Super Bowl to their name? That being said they have been to the big game a few times, not bad for an expansion team I guess.

You guys had your string of superbowl appearences with out a title too. Our will end after this year.

You guys had your string of superbowl appearences with out a title too. Our will end after this year.

full-6099-488-smiley_laughing021.gif

The Vikings will NEVER win a Superbowl until they concentrate on building a team instead of providing entertainment. They had a chance to draft a decent young QB they could develop but instead they go with Mr. All About ME again. They need a team player not a Prima Dona.

I dislike the Hollywood atmosphere going on over there too but with the talent, experience, and age they have now the window is closing and old Burt is their best shot. IMO they don't have the time to develop a QB right now. Its too bad Burts gonna go out on a cart with no ring and a stinky purple costume on but he made the decision.

The Vikings will NEVER win a Superbowl until they concentrate on building a team instead of providing entertainment. They had a chance to draft a decent young QB they could develop but instead they go with Mr. All About ME again. They need a team player not a Prima Dona.

How would a rookie QB help a superbowl ready team this season?? You do realize that they have built a superbowl ready team...? Not that i disagree with drafting a young QB and grooming him but even at that, he MIGHT be ready in 2 years? Who knows what the rest of this team looks like in 2 or 3 years? They have to go for the throat now while they can.

And one more thing Colorado dude- if it weren't for a bad coaching decision in 98, Elway would have one less ring and the Vikes woulda had their first one. Playing the Falcons in the Super Bowl was a gift.

Just because I live in Colorado does not make me a Broncos fan!

Skoal!

OK we all assumed, and you know what happens when you assume.

Just because I used to live in Minny does not make a Vikes fan either! Altho I have to say they certainly have provided me with a lot of entertainment over the years.

Denny ( De knee ), Randy ( straight cash homey), Red Mcombs, Ziggy, ah, the memories!

Haven't the Vikes been grooming a QB for like 4 or 5 years now?
NO they have been wasting time with one though.

Just because I used to live in Minny does not make a Vikes fan either! Altho I have to say they certainly have provided me with a lot of entertainment over the years.

Denny ( De knee ), Randy ( straight cash homey), Red Mcombs, Ziggy, ah, the memories!

You must be one of those dudes who roots for who ever won the superbowl the year before laugh !! How's the Saints going to do this year, or better yet Septemeber 9th??

Myself I like to root for a team that has coaches and players with integrity and class. The Vikes haven't had a coach that fits that description since Bud Grant. As far as players, the last one on that team that deserved much respect is Robert Smith.

Myself I like to root for a team that has coaches and players with integrity and class. The Vikes haven't had a coach that fits that description since Bud Grant. As far as players, the last one on that team that deserved much respect is Robert Smith.

Steve Hutchinson? Guy is probably the classiest in the NFL. Pretty good at his job, too

Leslie Frazier, Eric Bieniemy, shall I list more COACHES that are on the vikings that are first class in my mind and a lot of others?

You can't say someone does not have integrity and class because YOU do not like them.

Bud Grant? Integrity ? Remember when he stood up at the PERM rally and said that Indian speaker had alcohol on his breath? Turned out that guy did not even drink. When Bud said that it made the whole PERM movement look a bit racist which is what it certainly did not need. A guy in his position should have been much more carefull with his comments. That comment turned off quite a few folks that perhaps would have supported the PERM position.

And one more thing Colorado dude- if it weren't for a bad coaching decision in 98, Elway would have one less ring and the Vikes woulda had their first one. Playing the Falcons in the Super Bowl was a gift.

Honestly, when will the excuses end? How many times has this stuff been posted about the Viking/Saints game last year. It was a gift and the Vikings were shafted out of a ring.

Winners seize the day. Losers make excuses for why they didn't. The Vikes have put some very good teams together over the years but enough with the excuses.

They DID draft a QB this year didn't they?

Steve Hutchinson? Guy is probably the classiest in the NFL. Pretty good at his job, too

Matt Birk

You must not root for any professional sports teams. You better stick with the local high school teams. grin