• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Apple flavored deer salt licks?

Finlander

We have used the, brown mineral blocks and just about everything on the market. Hands down the best performer was the straight white salt blocks. They hit that more than the rest combined.

Have tried different ones and it seems to take the deer atleast 6 months to a year to really respond to them, so don't give up on any of them right away.

Use the white salt blocks and pick up some block topper for them.
+1 blocktopper is the ticket to getting them to find the salt fast.

I like the Trophy Rocks. I have them out all year long. Add some apple flavored Buck Jam to a rotten log works well for me as well as White Tail Institute 30-06 mixed in the dirt.

just get some apples and throw out periodically. It is against the law to bait here in az so makes it difficult to do this. however if cattle are in the area then it is legal to put licks out and if it attracts deer then oh well.