• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I trailered a boat down to Twig today so Surface Tension could put his repair/rejuvenation brand on it.

And, well, you have a hard time going from Ely to Twig without ending up in Duluth. gringrin

So I made my way to my old haunts at Marine General (downrigger cable terminal tackle and a couple of Finn spoons) and Northwest Outlet in Superior (BIG clearance on lots of stuff, including Daiwa downrigger rods).

In the afternoon, saw a white Chev pickup outside Northwest Outlet with a Fishing Minnesota sticker on the back. Thought I recognized a coupla guys in N.O., but couldn't place them. Hmmmm.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

All roads to Duluth lead through Twig. smile

I hope you didn't hit too much road construction in town.

Buying fishing gear is always a good thing.

Boat, what boat? smile

Yeah, road construction. We wanted to park in front of the Lester with our lunch, which we used to do when we both worked in Downtown Duluth. Nope! So we headed over to Superior and took the Bong on the way back, planning to hit 53 at Can o Worms. Nope!

Detours are a part of life.

I thought the cities were bad with road construction but Duluth is something else as I found out last weekend.

To go from point A to point B you have to go thru the rest of the alphabet to get there grin

To go from point A to point B you have to go thru the rest of the alphabet to get there grin

Now that's just darn funny! gringringrin

It's always been a little hard to get there from here in Duluth. Widespread road construction turns life there into a Zen thing. shocked

Yeah, road construction. ...

It has made my commute interesting this summer. At times it has added an hour to it crazy I have listened to a lot of talk radio and 94X and worn out a few CD's laugh

I've been up the Gunflint scouting our moose hunting area and doing a little trout fishing. Fishing wasn't so good but we did find moose.

So I haven't had time other then a couple hours on the boat same day Steve dropped it off.

Same as around here. Some maples showing a little color. Looking at the stands of birch from the lake you could see the chloroform is starting to go as leaves had a tint of yellow.

The starter has a direct sort and when I pulled it apart smells burnt.

Because of the heat, prolly not wroth rebuilding.

Frank, can you get a price for a reman and give me a phone call or e-mail? I can't price it out up here without the actual number off the housing, so if I can get that number from you I can call around a get one tracked down myself.

My assumption is it's a marine grade starter (sealed against spark/arcing) rather than an automotive grade one, but the Napa guys in Ely said an auto grade one probably would be fine, since the boat has a bilge blower.