• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bowstring River Bridge Access at Anchor Inn

Is the Bowstring River bridge on Hwy 4 near the Anchor Inn accessible for fishing? Is there an area for parking near the bridge? I will be in the area at the end of August and would like to spend a few hours doing some shore fishing. I've fished the river further north at Dora Lake but would like to try another spot.

Thanks for your reply.

Very few fish to be caught here and the resort owners at Anchor Inn have been known to shoot at people on the bridge!!! crazysmile

Drive a little further and fish the shore under the bridge in Inger. Don't count on any trophies but your bobber will likely go down. There are pike and a mixed bag of panfish that hang out near that bridge. Plenty of parking close by too.

Thank's for all of the responses. I should have time to try both locations, that is, if I don't get shot at the Anchor Inn Bridge. grin

I'll post back with the results.

Regards!!

Thank's for all of the responses. I should have time to try both locations, that is, if I don't get shot at the Anchor Inn Bridge. grin

I'll post back with the results.

Regards!!

With pictures!

That is if you live to tell grin