• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vent rib slug sights

Any experience with these? I have a Beretta AL390 and trying to find a slug barrel is next to impossible, and if you do, they are very expensive. I've been looking at some tru glo sights that are adjustable for both windage & elevation for about $45, and just shoot rifled slugs through my smooth bore barrel with an IC choke.

thanks!!

I have no experiance with the rifle sights that you are talking about but the guys I hunt with have the adapters for a scope on their bird guns and shoot rifled slug accuratly enough out to a 100 yards not as accurate as a rifled barrel would be but it still put venison it the freezer. I have the same problem as you do with my Win sx2 so I'm thinking about useing the adapter for a scope and a rifled choke tube,but when my muzzleloader shoots as good as it does I have a hard time justifying spending the extra money for a gun that will get very little use and cut my range down by atleast 80 yards.

I have a buddy who uses one on a designated bird barrel. He sights it in and last year took a big doe at 75 yards. He does shoot it alot and knows where to aim with it. He is very accurate with it as well

MNice,

I have 2 AL390's, the rifled barrels for them can be found for around $200 if you look in the right spot. PM me if you are interested. I picked up a hastings rifled barrel and just found a rifled barrel with cantilever mount. The hastings barrel is a tack driver. This will be my first year with the cantilver mount.

If you can't go that route, put a good truglo bead on the end. get comfortable with it, and find a good foster style slug. I liked the brennekes and have also herd good things about the federal truball. I don't know about the rifle sights for a vent rib barrel. I know many people that shoot foster slugs through bird barrels and they do pretty good with them.