• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Favre is on his way here!

Matt C

That pict had been around a good few years. Alot of photoshop going on there. Only thing original is the smokin hot hottie and bearded Ben. He was in his early 20's and so is she. Good for him... cool

Heck, someone good with photoshop could put Baracks mug on Mt Rushmore as if it belonged... sick

Whats the count total for picts of Bert crying at a retirement press conference? Rising with more to come...

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LMITOUT

• Dark Cloud

• Born2Fish

• Steve Foss

If Dark Cloud had a better memory, he would know that Favre didn't throw a game- or season-ending INT last year.

I wasnt referencing a particular season, too manny to remember... but didnt he throw a pick in the last game of 09 when he could have just ran a few yards for a solid game winning field goal try?????? confused I'd consider it game/season ending...

A little more detail in the Favre saga:

Vikings coach loses cred in locker room

By Jason Cole, Yahoo! Sports

Aug 18, 8:48 pm EDT

A bad ankle wasn't the only thing that kept Brett Favre wavering on returning this year. One Viking says Favre has issues with coach Brad Childress. "Brett just doesn't trust him," the player said.

Even as Minnesota coach Brad Childress was getting what he desperately wanted, he couldn’t help but further undermine himself in the eyes of his players.

On Tuesday, as Vikings guard Steve Hutchinson(notes), defensive end Jared Allen(notes) and kicker Ryan Longwell(notes) were flying back and forth between Minnesota and Mississippi to bring quarterback Brett Favre(notes) back for another season, Childress tried to cover up a fact that was widely reported. Childress, who wasn’t scheduled to talk to media Tuesday, had special teams coach Brian Murphy and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell tell reporters that the three players were actually at the team facility rather than aboard a private jet.

Murphy went so far as to say that Longwell was kicking inside the team’s indoor facility. “We were kicking inside,” Murphy said. When asked directly if Longwell was at practice, Murphy said: “He was here, he was around.”

Bevell couldn’t quite go along with the charade, pushing the explanation on Childress.

“I came out here and [Childress] told me he had the other guys inside,” Bevell said, referring to the three players. “They were in the building. I came out to practice, Coach said they were inside.”

That little bit of misdirection didn’t get much attention, but it raised a lot of eyebrows inside the Vikings’ locker room.

“Chilly can’t even tell the truth about that,” the player said. “I mean, how ridiculous is that? What’s the big deal that he has to lie? Worse, he has to tell other guys to lie for him?”

In short, even as Minnesota’s best hope to win a Super Bowl this season was rejoining the team, Childress was losing more ground with his team in the battle for respect. One of the biggest issues playing out behind the scenes in Minnesota is that many players, particularly on offense, have no respect for Childress. Among those players is Favre, who officially returned to the team Wednesday. According to multiple team sources, Favre’s disdain for Childress is deep.

“Brett thinks Childress has no clue about offense,” a Vikings player said.

Childress’ presence, not Favre’s ankle injury, was one of the biggest reasons Favre was hesitating about playing again, sources said. In early July, Favre had indicated to one player that he was likely to play. However, after Childress visited Favre on July 19, Favre’s desire to return declined.

“Brett just doesn’t trust him,” a player said.

Both Childress and Favre declined to address the issue Wednesday, but the problems run deeper than events from last season. It goes beyond the incident in the Dec. 20 game against Carolina when Favre refused to come out of an eventual loss when Childress wanted to pull him. It’s beyond the Nov. 15 win against Detroit when Childress got angry with a play Favre changed in the second half.

One of the biggest problems in this situation is that Childress is allowed to run free within the organization. Because owner Zygi Wilf and team president Mark Wilf both live in New York, Childress doesn’t have to answer to anyone on a day-to-day basis. In the power structure between Childress, vice president of player personnel Rick Spielman and vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski, Childress has the final say. He has taken that final say to mean that he can basically act as he pleases.

The heart of the conflict is Childress’ perceived lack of football savvy. Some players believe that most of the offensive coaching staff is made up of yes-men like Bevell. Furthermore, Childress is the type who doesn’t take outside ideas very well.

“He has his way of doing things and that’s it,” a player said.

This season, Childress almost didn’t get Favre as a result.

Furthermore, Childress is the type who doesn’t take outside ideas very well.

“He has his way of doing things and that’s it,” a player said.

This season, Childress almost didn’t get Favre as a result.

It's obvious the players were upset because they were dangerously close to having T-Jack as their QB this season and they're tired of Chilly's inability to cut the cord with that failure.

Chilly has grown on me as a media spokesman for the team. Although, the stupid calls at times, and allowing players to miss practice, has me question his coaching abilities. If we get a couple losses in a row this year, I could see Chilly relieved of his offensive play calling early on. I do believe Favre, and Chilly should be sitting down for several hours and going over the play books, crossing out the dumb plays, and drafting a mutual game plan every week.

Anybody have a read on how much the discord between Chilly and Favre affected the team's performance last year and potentially this year? It's gotta have some impact, as does several team members' lack of respect for the coach.

Remember the Chicago game at the end of last year? May very well have cost the Vikings homefield throughout the playoffs and possibily a Super Bowl game.

Do you guys believe everything you read? Just curious.

Of course. No one ever gets things wrong in media reports. whistle

I think I could have even been persuaded for that amount grin

Quote:
Brett Favre could earn as much as $28 million in 2010 if the Vikings win the Super Bowl.

The $3 million added bonus has already been reported, and Favre can earn another $4 million in new incentives based on the Vikings' postseason success. He's also set to receive a deferred payment of $8 million from his $12 million 2009 salary. He already received $4 million deferred in March. We'd hesitate to conclude that Favre's return was monetarily driven, but the figures do show how highly he's valued by the Vikings.

Source: NFL.com

The saddest part is that a team needs a 40 year old quarterback because there aren't any available younger ones good enough to start or be successful. That tells me that the transition from University ball to the Show is awfully difficult to make!

Good luck to the Vikes!

Chilly has final say at Winter Park. Who will relieve him of offensive play calling? Actually, Bevell calls the plays anyway.

Do you guys even understand how much money Favre makes the Vikings when he's the QB?

Something along the lines of 800 season tickets were sold within 48 hours of him coming back, 94% renewel rate (highest since 2001), and there's less then 1000 tickets left for each game, except for the home game against the Packers is already sold out.

Thats just getting the people there, factor in how much money they spend while they are there, jerseys, memorabilia, food, beer, ect.

It's a no brainer and Zigy knows it.

That being said...the Packers and the Jets are sold out after he left! In the Packers case they are sold out forever.

Yeah after they see Rodgers is a Franchise QB, Most the Packer fans were crying their little eyes out when Favre left. They only got [PoorWordUsage] when he decided to play for another team, then they got real [PoorWordUsage] when they found out he was a Viking.

Haters in the house!!

Actually GB has sold out before #4, during #4 and after #4. Here #4 is the only reason some games are not blacked out.

Here being Minny, I am in Woodland Park, Colorado heading out for some trout fishing.

Have fun. I lived at 10,000 feet in Victor and worked in a gold mine for a year. Sure like that area. smile

Do you guys even understand how much money Favre makes the Vikings when he's the QB?

Something along the lines of 800 season tickets were sold within 48 hours of him coming back, 94% renewel rate (highest since 2001), and there's less then 1000 tickets left for each game, except for the home game against the Packers is already sold out.

Thats just getting the people there, factor in how much money they spend while they are there, jerseys, memorabilia, food, beer, ect.

It's a no brainer and Zigy knows it.

Does he make them enough money to build their own stadium without a taxpayer bailout?

Steve, the mines are up and running again ( somewhat ) finally working again. They are reworking the mines with new technoligy and getting gold that the missed back in the day. FYI there is a huge cycle rally in Cripple Creek today, thousands, roads are impassable and the town is hoppin"

Funny, when I worked there 20 years ago they were using the cyanide heap-leach technology to process waste rock that turn-of-the-century technology couldn't get enough gold from.

At the price of gold at the time, we were turning enough profit on ore of 3/100 of an ounce per ton of ore. The did some open pit mining to go with it. Wonder what technology they're using nowadays.

Hey, we're keeping it on topic. Depending on your outlook, Favre is either a gold mine for the Vikes, or they're paying the price of a gold mine for him. Or both! gringrin

Who do you have? Leftwich and Dixon.....it's going to be a looooong season in Pitt.

Leechy - Doubt you watched the game last night so I figued you'd like some info. whistle

Ben - 6 for 8

Lefty - 3 for 6

Dixon - 7 for 8 Actually Dixon looked great! Mobility, strong arm, and good head on his shoulders.

I doubt the Junkster could put up those numbers against the local JV team. OOOps, I forgot, the savior is in town. No more Junk talk allowed.... till injury time...

Another Steeler stat: Ben to miss 4-6 games...Due to suspension. Weird how that works.

Favre 1-1 13yrds. 100% completion percentage!!! winkgrin

Leechy - Doubt you watched the game last night so I figued you'd like some info. whistle

Ben - 6 for 8

Lefty - 3 for 6

Dixon - 7 for 8 Actually Dixon looked great! Mobility, strong arm, and good head on his shoulders.

I doubt the Junkster could put up those numbers against the local JV team. OOOps, I forgot, the savior is in town. No more Junk talk allowed.... till injury time...

we're not really using pre-season stats as a baseline are we? HaHa

Anybody have a read on how much the discord between Chilly and Favre affected the team's performance last year and potentially this year? It's gotta have some impact, as does several team members' lack of respect for the coach.

Many stated last season there would be issue like this.

Seems the team played as a team as well as they could have.

The press really hypes this stuff up.