• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Red River Trails Archery Club, Avon MN

jnorm1984

Has anyone ever been up there and shot? Is it open to the public? If so, how often do they have shoots? Any info would be great- Thanks guys!

Don't know about the club, but I have seen deer standing in the shooting area a few times driving to Osakis! grin

I am not positive on this but I believe the sign near 94 says the first weekend in May and the last weekend in August is when they have their shoots. Hopefully someone else can help us out as I am interested in going to this shoot also.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

It's a nice fun course and has 2 shoots a year that I know of. I shot there quite a few times in the 90's. You got the dtes right. Just a shoot if I remember right, no prizes or trophys, just a fun shoot.

Yes you have the dates right. You can become a member and then you will get a key and can shoot it whenever you want, very fun course as I'm a member.

google red river trail archery club and all the info pops up for you.

"The shoot is August 28th & 29th-Sat 8-5 & Sun 8-3. There are approximately 35 Rinehart & McKenzie targets with ranges from 15-60 yards. Its not sanctioned so you can move up on the targets to a comfortable distance for each shooter. There is also a moving target which is a lot of fun!

Entry fee is $15.00 Under 12- free."

I sent them an email and this was the response. Sounds like a fun shoot and a good chance to practice up before the upcoming season.

Ive tried googling red river trail archery club and get nothing but out dated numbers, tried the email I found with no response- I hope your right about the date and times Vex as I have a couple buddies coming to shoot it with me- can anyone share some contact info with me- It would ease my mind- Thank you

jnorm,

Whats your email? I can forward you the email they sent me. I believe it has a phone number on it.

Vex

oops, old info online, sorry bout that.

It was a good one, they really tuck the targets in, made for some tight realistic shooting quarters. But...-Was really pumped about the moving target, I envisioned a 3-d moving target, but it ended up being a block on a zipline- which, dont get me wrong it was still fun to shoot at. Also, even with the wind the mosquitoes were terrible, But all in all it was a great shoot!