• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone get the feeling this team doesn't have it???

Coach1310

The more and more I see of this team, I just don't think they have it. I don't even know exactly what "it" is, but they just seem out of it. I know, you shouldn't have knee jerk reactions to one or two games, BUT Slowey actually gave them a good chance to win last night, we give up the big hit... we come back to tie it up and then Mijares walks the first guy and grooves one to Hafner and we can't seem to find anything after that.

Our starting pitching is a mess.... our bullpen by the numbers is pretty good, but I can't imagine Gardy/Andy have a lot of confidence in them at the moment. Without Morneau our lineup isn't near as tough as it was/should be. I guess the feeling is sinking in that this team just doesn't have the make up to be a contender....

We're only halfway through the season. Too early to say they don't have it. I'd rather them get the rough patch over with and find the recipe for winning again in August & September. Some changes on the mound to start the first inning will do WONDERS for this team. Slowey will come around I think. B&B, not so sure?

No reason to give Windy ammunintion on another July/August "Forks" thread smile

last year they were 47-46 at this time of the year yesterday and 1 GB. so It's not much different this year, only a few more games behind.

Must admit I had simlar thoughts after last night. First two games aginst the tribe a real downer after Sunday's lift. Starting pitching isn't good enough, Mauer isn't up to par, No Mornie and Delmon can't carry us every night. All of that said the Kittys and Sux have their issues too. Both have pitching issues due to injuries and their offenses sputter at times as well. I still expect this to be decided at the end of the season just like the last couple. I don't see anybody strong enough in the Central to take down the East or the Rangers.

Without reliable starting pitch, we don't have it. We can't go far with pitchers who go 4 innings, though Slowey did look much better last night.

I will tell you what, the past 4-5 seasons, if we got behind, even by 5 runs I wouldn't change the station. Especially games at the Metrodome. Now, if we are down by just 1 with 3 or so innings left, I change it. Sorry, call me bandwagon, but I am not- I am one of the biggest Twins fans around, I am just really frustrated this season. It isn't the same. I wanted to be the guy to push the button if they ever blew up the Dome- now, I want it back!! We have absolutely NO home field advantage anymore. I don't care how beautiful that place is. Know whats beautiful? Being down by 2 runs in the 9th, bases loaded and one of the opposing players loses a pop fly in the roof and all the runners score for the win.

I get that same nagging feel nearly every year. Then the guys get healthy, the team gets hot, and we make the playoffs.

We have 2 MVPs in their prime, Gardy is a great manager and we have quality players at nearly every position.

We've taken some hits and might be a bit wobbly, but this team isn't knocked out yet and it's way too early to throw in the towel.

Hopefully this is a long forgotten thread come September when we're back in first and lock up this division..... I HOPE!!!!! Having said that, our pitching top to bottom (mostly) is really hurting us. The offense is still producing runs but you can't constantly battle back and be down by 2 or 3 after the first or second inning every night. The Twins will battle and get it tied just to lose it the next half inning!

I also felt like the metrodome was more of a "homely" feeling. Won't get to Target field for a few more weeks (FINALLY!) but the Dome still holds a special place in my heart (After seeing game 163 last year and 162 in 2006... How could it not)

I still watch the games to the end almost every night but the magic BIG hit or even the blooper that falls in just has been a rare occurance this year and the park isn't playing into Mauers, Cuddys, etc. swings like I wish it would have!

STILL THIS IS THE TWINS! THEY WILL BE THERE THE FINAL WEEKS LIKE THEY ALWAYS ARE!

Target field really won't have any advantage for the TWINS this year. We are just starting to get more comfortable there.

I do believe the TWIN'S have the overall team to compete (and WIN) this year....but Morneau has to be healthy, AND Kubel , Mauer need rest. There is a BIG difference controlling the bat, when rested, compared to tired. Takes very little difference, for a lazy flyball out, to become a smash over the fence. Our injuries, this year have really taken a toll....get everyone back healthy, and we can still win it, THIS YEAR.

Yes, I have gotten this feeling basically the last 8 years so I've to come to grips that for most part we are never out of it. I think with all the variables baseball has its nearly impossible to do what the Twins have done over the last 10 years. So I'm not sure we can go to the well again this year but I'll stay tuned and as positive as possible.

Go Twins!

Twins just need to concentrate on ending the season with a better record than the rangers, so that instead of being swepped in the 1st round by the yanks, we'll lose in 5 to the rays.

When I first saw this post I figured it was Brewers talk. frown I was gonna chime in that I had that feeling before the season even started. cry

It must be tough Cooter, to have your states 3 pro teams, suck year after year. Its a good thing they televise some good teams on the western side of your state wink

It must be tough Cooter, to have your states 3 pro teams, suck year after year. Its a good thing they televise some good teams on the western side of your state wink

Yes, the Iowa Cubs and Iowa Barnstormers aren't too shabby. Occasionally the Cyclones or Hawkeyes have decent teams too.

The more and more I see of this team, I just don't think they have it. I don't even know exactly what "it" is, but they just seem out of it. I know, you shouldn't have knee jerk reactions to one or two games, BUT Slowey actually gave them a good chance to win last night, we give up the big hit... we come back to tie it up and then Mijares walks the first guy and grooves one to Hafner and we can't seem to find anything after that.

Our starting pitching is a mess.... our bullpen by the numbers is pretty good, but I can't imagine Gardy/Andy have a lot of confidence in them at the moment. Without Morneau our lineup isn't near as tough as it was/should be. I guess the feeling is sinking in that this team just doesn't have the make up to be a contender....

So which is it? I guess you have both base's covered between the two threads... grin

Lets skip game 163 this year and rap it up a day early.!

Go Twins you can never count them out!

I can watch and root for the Twins without a problem, the Queens are a completely different story. shocked