• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pretty, Pretty, Pretty Please Gardy....

Coach1310

Atta boy Pier.... way to chime in when the stars align to make your point!! Maybe with Delmon cooling Cuddy will get hot for the rest of the month, then they all put it together come September and blow the Sux out of the water!!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PierBridge

• greebs

• SledNeck

• soldoncass

I'm expecting a huge series out of Delmon after his 2 day break. He played like 60 straight games and needed a blow. Cuddyer could use some rest also!

Go Twins!

I'm expecting a huge series out of Delmon after his 2 day break. He played like 60 straight games and needed a blow. Cuddyer could use some rest also!

Go Twins!

Needed a blow????

Coach,

"Chime in when the stars align to make your point".....That's exactly what the Cuddy haters AND Young lovers have been doing also. Now when Cuddy is still contributing and Young ...isn't... that galery is VERY QUIET.

Versatile Cuddyer a cornerstone for Twins

08/11/10 8:57 PM ET

CHICAGO -- Twins manager Ron Gardenhire has been heaping plenty of praise on Michael Cuddyer and the versatile player's impact on his team this season, especially over the past month in Justin Morneau's absence.

But Gardenhire isn't the only one who has recognized Cuddyer's impact. So has White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen.

During Guillen's pregame media session on Wednesday, he spent a lot of time talking about the Twins and his respect level for Chicago's AL Central rival. He lauded many of the Twins' players, including Joe Mauer, but he singled out Cuddyer as one player that often gets overlooked.

"Michael Cuddyer, that kid is the most underrated player in the game," Guillen said.

Cuddyer certainly has proven valuable to the Twins in his ability to move around the field. Having begun this season in right field, Cuddyer has now also started games at second base, center field, third base and first base. And there seems to be something about his offense while playing first base. Since moving to first base full-time when Morneau went down with a concussion on July 7, Cuddyer is batting .308 with four home runs, nine doubles and 18 RBIs.

On Tuesday night, Cuddyer came up with two huge hits for the Twins and delivered four RBIs, marking his first four-RBI game since May 22, 2009, vs. Milwaukee.

"He's been above and beyond," Gardenhire said of Cuddyer. "He's a good player. I think he's comfortable no matter where we put him. We've put him at second this year, we've put him now at first. Wherever you put him, he just goes out and plays and does his job and doesn't need a break. I can't say enough about him. I don't know where we would have been at the end of last season without him and I don't know where we'd be right now."

Hey cuddys numbers since the break are nothing special at all

What are Delmons numbers since being moved up in the order?

Why don't you look them up? Am guessing they have been very cuddyerish lately. In other words. Not real great. Gardy already showed that he's patient with his favorites this last weekend and moved cuddy back ahead of delmon and believe cuddy had a couple ofers.

I dont think anyone will dispute the value of having Cuddyer in the field at mutlitple positions. But to sugar coat his numbers because he started playing another position is pointless, especially when the numbers arent anything to boast about. He should be consistant at batting regardless what positions he is playing.

Quote:
Since moving to first base full-time when Morneau went down with a concussion on July 7, Cuddyer is batting .308 with four home runs, nine doubles and 18 RBIs.

Just to note, since July 7th Delmon has hit 5hr's and has 28 rbi's....

I dont know what else Delmon has to do, and perhaps he may be a one year wonder, but right now you cant argue the facts that despite having 38 less at bats, Delmon has outperformed Cuddyer in darn near every hitting category and has proven that he can routinely get hits with RISP. Not to mention Cuddy has about 20 more strikeouts at the plate as well.

Sure delmon isnt batting .400, but you cant expect any player in the league to continue at the pace he was on, of course his numbers will decline, and for the year so far they are respectable. I wish we could say the same for Cuddyer.

Just to note, since July 7th Delmon has hit 5hr's and has 28 rbi's....

That article was written a week ago.

sorry to bust your argument but since that article was written looks like cuddy has gone 3/16 with 1 rbi so delmon still has out produced him in the same time frame.

curiosity got the best of me so I went and checked the stats for the year again. OPS (on base% plus slugging %) comparisons with runners on base is still substantial. with runners on the difference is .178. risp the difference is .251. risp with 2 outs the difference is .225 and with bases loaded the difference is .339. these numbers are substantial. one other note. cuddy's highest ever batting average in a season during his career is .284. guess what delmon's lowest season batting average is?

what has delmon done when moved up to the 3, 4, or 5th spot in the lineup? is batting avg. is .340 and he's gotten only 21 fewer rbi's than cuddy batting in those spots; despite cuddy having 246 more at bats to get those extra 21 more rbi's.

I don't have a problem with delmon not batting cleanup but to have him batting lower than cuddy just simply doesn't make sense at all from a statistical standpoint. If you want to argue that gardy has a hunch or that cuddy plays better defense that's one thing, albeit a weak argument, but don't make the mistake of trying to use stats to prove the argument that cuddy belongs in the lineup batting before delmon.

cuddy' has filled in very nicely at first for morneau, no doubt about it; however,this team is on the verge of contending for the best record in the AL and the all important home field advantage in the playoffs. how many more wins would the team have with delmon's stats replacing cuddy's in the lineup batting in one of the prime rbi producing spots?

we'll never know of course, but I think the argument can be made of 5 or more wins would not be out of the question.

so, as the topic thread says, pretty, pretty, pretty, please gardy.....

It makes all the sense the world if you factor in common sense.

Of course for some that has left the building in here a while ago. grin

I'll take Delmon batting 7th hitting .350 and driving in runs all day over having him bat higher and hit Punto's weight .168...LOL

In fairness to you I couldn't understand any of your statistical post and frankly I didn't even read the whole thing. smile

I'm more of a feel vs stats player myself!

Go Gardy!...

grin

You must have overlooked the .340 batting avg I mentioned?

But.... how many RBI did Delmon have while higher in the order vs. when he was in the 7 spot? Seems to me he had ample opportunity to drive in runs in that spot, I don't know how you could possibly drive in more runs than he did while batting in that spot for a guy that has medium at best home-run power. HE DID NOT HAVE A LACK OF RBI OPPORTUNITIES. In fact he probably had MORE opportunities while in the 7 spot. The only way he could have had more RBI was if he were a 30-40 HR a year type guy.

o.k. I've kept track of Young's #ers since he was moved up in the order. The first 3 games he was 9 for 15 with 5 rbi's in the #4 spot. (July 26-27-28)

Since then he was 11 for 53 with 5 rbi's, hitting #4 all but the 2 games Mauer sat out...#3 those 2 games. On Saturday it was painfully obvious we had the OLD Delmon back when he FLAILED AWAY at 3 staight pitches that were all 10-12 inches out of the strike zone. Gardy sat him on Sunday, and with an off day Monday.....hopefully he gets some patience, there is NOTHING WRONG with taking a walk now and then. IF he starts taking better at bats again, he'll get better pitches and MAY BE able to move back up in the order.

You must have overlooked the .340 batting avg I mentioned?

You tried to make it simple. Some folks just need those color crayon pictures. grin

owned...... whatever that means. However I'll post "the rest of the story" Delmon ......in the last 12 games he was #3 and #4 hitter, when he was 11 for 53 with 5 RBI'S he had 38 LOB . Mauer was hitting 5 or 600. uh-huh! NOT hard to figure out WHY he is dropped back to #6 or 7.

I don't think it needs to be a Delmon vs Cuddy thing. They combined to go 5-10 tonight and both saved the game with some stellar defensive plays.

owned...... whatever that means. However I'll post "the rest of the story" Delmon ......in the last 12 games he was #3 and #4 hitter, when he was 11 for 53 with 5 RBI'S he had 38 LOB . Mauer was hitting 5 or 600. uh-huh! NOT hard to figure out WHY he is dropped back to #6 or 7.

....so given these numbers over a short timespan why would cuddy be moved back ahead of him given he's more or less had these kind of numbers for the entire season?

lol @ Pier Bridge

He gets shown the plain facts that show he's wrong, and he blows it off by saying he's a "feel" guy. Too, too funny!

Quote:
lol @ Pier Bridge

What are you talking about?

I didn't read his mumble jumble stats post because its always the same. I'm well a where of the players stats. Yes Delmomn hits bettr with runners in scoring posistion...K?

If you guys want whine and moan about the batting order thats your problem.

I just lay out the reasons behind why it's not all about your silly stats.

Plus I've already stated numerous times that you guys know and understand baseball more than Gardy or I will every know. Does that make you happy?

I choose to enjoy another great run by the best sports organization run by the best manager in baseball who's line-up and control of team has lead us to being one of if not the best team in baseball.

No offense but LOL at you sir!

Go Twins!

In-spite of another base running blunder by Delmon it sure was nice to see him try to run AJ over at the plate.. That's more respect earned by Delmon.... But I do see a pitch to the rib cage in the near future for his actions.

Go delmon another monster game!

i thought they were trying to hit JJ during his at bat that resulted in the delmon play at the plate. made sense - fill first base with 1 out to get the double play.