• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Strangest thing you have seen?

I wasnt with the day it happened, but about 7 years ago my buddies found a dead body floating near the 94 bridge on the St. Croix while fishing. Very nasty and smelly, cops found out it was someone who fell through in the winter while ice fishing.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MinnesnowtaWild

• Here-Kitty-Kitty

• ItsaCrappieLife

• CarpinMNRiver

if it does not have to be on the water, when i worked at the city, we had a garbage truck come in, he had forgot to lift the lid on the hopper after going to the landfill. he was dumping recycle cans and someone had killed a guy and stuffed him in the recycle can. luckly or not, the driver failing to open the hopper the dead guy landed on the lid. The driver climbed up to open it up and to his surprise here is this guy cut in half. the guy who did the killing was convicted and sentenced 18 months ago to life.

I saw a guy catch a shovel nose sturgeon last week and then startEd licking it........pretty extreme. See a lot of coons and gar feeding right off the shore. Pretty cool to see with a headlight.

Dark30???

You never think about that stuff until you are in the middle of it. Because the driver came back to the shop to report it, naturally we all were working on getting the lid open. so then you become part of the investigation court etc. while it was a bad deal for the guy that was killed, it added many other unsuspecting soles to some inquires. Imagine if the driver would have not forgotten to open the lid, this guy would be in the landfill without any proper burial or memorial. So may someone was looking down on him.

I have a couple others but will wait a day or two to post them

MinnesotaWild in what general area do you fish? I was down on the banks in bloomington about two weeks ago and heard what sounded like a house phone going off! And we fish too far back on the trail for there to be ANY houses even close... very odd.

Just a wild guess, but some guys have been known to electroshock cats with the old fashioned hand crank phones....

I've heard the phone in the fall while deer hunting in the Chaska area. I think it has to do with the gravel pit. Just a hunch...

Yeah it does but at first I didn't know it existed so it was extremely odd.

Quote:
Strangest thing you have seen?

For me it was not in person, but via video posted on here a year or two back. If I recall it was Something Fish Guy??? who posted the video(s) of a barge that was not tied off properly & awhile after the tug headed back down stream, the barge started free floating sideways back down river, crushing the shore line. Then the second video of the Tug flying back up stream to rescue to barge from doing any further damage to the barge itself & other things.

For me it was not in person, but via video posted on here a year or two back. If I recall it was Something Fish Guy??? who posted the video(s) of a barge that was not tied off properly & awhile after the tug headed back down stream, the barge started free floating sideways back down river, crushing the shore line. Then the second video of the Tug flying back up stream to rescue to barge from doing any further damage to the barge itself & other things.

I remember that.... that would be interesting to see again!

Would be freaky as heck to have that happen while out on the river. My first only barge experience was out with you Larry and that was freaky enough when it just went by!

Watched multiple groups of people walk across the trestle the other day...that will make a good story one of these days......

Watched multiple groups of people walk across the trestle the other day...that will make a good story one of these days......

I don't know if you're implying that they'll fall off or that they'll be ticketed...because I have to say, I've walked across that trestle and it'd be pretty damned tough to fall off. It's like 8-10 feet wide, minimum. Walking down the middle makes it pretty unlikely to fall over the edge unless you're committing suidide. And falling through between the ties doesn't seem like a likely scenario either. I think the most likely scenario would be injury like broken ankle or wrist or arm or something from falling due to lost footing.

Well it was funny because one drunk chick basically crawled across the whole thing because she was so scared. I just think when booze is involved, which it is a lot of the time, things could go bad up there at night.

Oh yes...booze makes everything harder. And being up high when drunk...that is most definitely a challenge, I could see. My experiences walking across it have all been stone-sober. Earlier comments retracted.

are you guy talking about the tracks in carver??? My buddy fishs there and said walking across reminds him of stand by me haha

I was tempted to walk across it but then I decided not to. that rail line is no longer used right or is it.

Nope not used anymore. There was a trainwreck just upriver years ago.

Humm I won't go into to much detail, but it you do the math you'll get the point. 1 case PBR + 1 tin kodiack winter green + friends that won't stop rocking the boat = ................

Humm I won't go into to much detail, but it you do the math you'll get the point. 1 case PBR + 1 tin kodiack winter green + friends that won't stop rocking the boat = ................

grin

Note from Dark...

Thats not something we need to read about on here Beef.

Was out this weekend on the Cannon River where a trout stream flows into the cannon. This guy and his wife were fishing there. What was strange was the guys set up. He was using a very large fly fishing outfit, had to be a salmon set up and it looked like he had a bottom rig on. Not really sure what he was targeting, I suppose carp, catfish would be a fun challenge even on that size of a fly rod. Now I wish I would have asked.

Later on I was fishing an uninhabited section of the stream. I got a whif of some kind of animal and then I kept hearing something moving on the stream bank behind me but I couldn't spot the animal. Kind of felt like I was being watched. Was getting a little worried about getting jumped by a cougar.

Was out this weekend on the Cannon River where a trout stream flows into the cannon. This guy and his wife were fishing there. What was strange was the guys set up. He was using a very large fly fishing outfit, had to be a salmon set up and it looked like he had a bottom rig on. Not really sure what he was targeting, I suppose carp, catfish would be a fun challenge even on that size of a fly rod. Now I wish I would have asked.

Later on I was fishing an uninhabited section of the stream. I got a whif of some kind of animal and then I kept hearing something moving on the stream bank behind me but I couldn't spot the animal. Kind of felt like I was being watched. Was getting a little worried about getting jumped by a cougar.

Sounds like Bigfoot

• 2 weeks later...

Busted a old dude "unspooling his reel" this past sunday along side the mn river. He was vietnamese...maybe a religious act?

Just curious but what area were you near when you saw this incident. You don't have to be specific and you don't have to tell me if you don't want to I would understand.