• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wow Baker Sucks!

JBMasterAngler

How long until he's out of the rotation?

Zero chance he'll leave the rotation other than an injury!

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that thinks crain should go. He is by far the worst reliever that we have. Cant believe that we cant find someone in the minors to replace him.

Baker is consistantly inconsistant

Maybe they should only pay him for half a year cause it always takes him a few months to settle in

yeha i have not seen baker do anything right this season, we'll see how long he stays after he F's up today

yeha i have not seen baker do anything right this season, we'll see how long he stays after he F's up today

Pavano is pitching today

Baker could lose his next 8 starts and he would still be in the rotation.

No offense but do you people even follow baseball in the least bit? Good grief!

No offense but do you people even follow baseball in the least bit? Good grief!

I wonder that a lot too when I read these threads.

I'll give him alittle more leeway since hes only played in 4 games; but he has a lot to prove

He's like 26-13 the last 2 years with one of the best strike-out to walk ratio's in the league during that time frame.

Yeah we're all disappointed in how he' pitching right now but to suggest pulling him out of rotation is a bit much don't ya think?

Nope! Get him out of there! Bring up swarzak...he couldn't do any worse!

When Baker starts and they bring in Jessie Crain for some relief innings it's almost always when the Twins are behind. They are pretty much kissing off that game and saving the rest of the releif staff for the next game.

He's a traditionally slow starter. The Twins have had pitchers like that in the past. Did you guys want to get rid of Santana every April?

he's traditionally a slow starter but typically gets better after a few weeks and I expect it will be the case again this year. remember all those homers he gave up in April last year? but come summer he was pretty decent.

Quote:
Wow Baker Sucks!

So in his last 2 starts since you all lost your minds and wanted Baker pulled from the starting rotation.......

15 innings pitched 3 runs allowed 14 strike outs and 2 walks...4 wins now which is 2nd in League!

Please just one more start before we ship him to the minors? grin

I will take full credit for motivating him to excel in his last 2 starts blush He still has alot to prove before I'm totally convinced though.

I'm far from Bakers biggest fan but he's put up some pretty darn good innings the last couple of games.

Baker pitched very well last night.

I realize Scott can be shaky at times but who on the Twins staff has been better the last few seasons?

I will take full credit for motivating him to excel in his last 2 starts blush He still has alot to prove before I'm totally convinced though.

Fair enough!

Go Twins!

I can't figure out why he is the staff "ace" anyways. Twins have always picked bad "aces" Johan wins Cy Young, yet Radke is still opening day starter. Personally, I would rather see Liriano or Pavano be our "ace," not Stink Pot Scott. But I will give Baker this- of our staff, I give him the best odds of throwing a no hitter. He has come close a couple times now. That Royals game and Mike Sweeney still ticks me off.

Not that it matters much but if I were to guess why Garnedhire and the Twins have Baker ahead of Pavano is because Pavano's's stats over the the last 3 years are much much worse than Bakers....and you certainly would not have Liriano come into the season as the so called and over hyped by some fans staff ace with how he pitched last season.

Pavano's ERA the last 3 years. 5.10 4.76 and 5.77 Bakers 4.26 3.45 and 4.37. So Pavano's best is worse then Bakers worst season of the last 3.

Just a hunch tho!... smile

reg season stats may not show it,,, but ever since BLACKIE went into the windy city for the playoff game and pitched his tail off only giving up the HR to THOME,, He's shown me to be the ACE in big games. maybe not every day,, but Blackie is a gamer.

Why does it matter who the team lists as their ace? The Ace may pitch 1 more game all year, so all it is, is a title!

Good points it's pretty meaningless.

I'm not saying Baker is an ACE starter or our best pitcher. We have a slew of good ham and egg pitchers who are not great but pretty darn effective so far.

Good to see Blackie in form for sure.!