• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

White Bear Lake Fishing Reports

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mallardnwalleye

• tip_upclyma

• IBFishin2

• MN BassFisher

I was out last night for a couple hours ice was around 6-7 some white. Easy pullin since theres not a lick of snow. I only fished out from bellaire so no idea what the rest of the lake is like.

Thanks for the info. If anyone finds out any ice info about the rest of the lake that would be great. I just remember when people first started fishing in Tally's Bay the main lake was still open. Thanks.

I drove down by bellair beach monday. I couldnt believe how many fisherman were out there! It looked like a fishing contest! There was a good 60 to 70 vehicals parked on the beach and the parking lot in the park was full.I wonder if the fish are biting?

I understand your White Bear woes, but there are good spots completely away from the crowds, just not sure what the ice is like on the rest of the lake. If anyone finds out any ice thickness on the rest of the lake, any help would be nice, thanks.

Heading to White Bear tomorrow. Bait store said they are catching crappies out of Bellaire as of last weekend. I've never fished out of there. Is everyone setting up on the 20' holes straight out of the bellaire? Any good time of day to try? Are people still getting them out of Bellaire? Any info would be great.

MR Pick - I was out there yesterday. Plenty of ice (9"+) in front of Bellaire. Catching small crappies (8") with the occasional bigger one in the weeds untill dark then get on the edge. Get there early....lot's of people fishing the area and parking can be a challenge.

Hugo

someone fall through there today? heard there were cops and maybe a rescue squad in that area today

I drove by the emergency vehicles on the way to the lake, had some buddies out there that thought it might be a CO2 poisoning call or something, but didn't see anything that fell through it, word was that the firemen when out to a black portable where someone was passed out. This is all ice rumor so I am not sure exactly what happened as I didn't see it.

All I have to say is I hope the dumb people who like to block cars in at bellaire shoud think a little. If we wanted to drive on the ice to get off the beach we would have parked on the ice in the first place. Hope you like the note I left. Dumb a55

I guess some crazy guy drove his car out on the lake late Friday night-early Saturday morning.....when he got between the point and the island, his car went "Deep 6". From what I heard, the guy was trying to end his life, but his will to survive kicked in as soon as he hit the cold water.

Does anyone know if you can park your car at the VFW and walk out on the lake from there? Just want to ensure my car doesn't get towed, and parking at Bellaire makes my walk further than it needs to be!

Gonna try and slay some eyes tomorrow!

I park on the one way street in front of the VFW all of the time and walk out from there....not sure about their parking lot...but if you go in and buy a brew or something...that would probably be fine too.

Ok cool. I wasn't sure if those parking spots were limited to 4 hours or anything but must not be. Thanks man!

actually was out there last night just out from the WBL city pulic access off of 5th street. Ice was a good 10" and boy was it making more last night. Thunder rolls under ice as well.

ndshafer....greatly appreciate update...yeah that public launch over by the island bridge is where I usually go off at. Time to get into some wallys!!!!!

we only caught one Northern last night, marked a few right on the bottom but no takers. we were actully trying to find about 15 fow but settled in 10. not my ideal depth but we were on the edge of the weedline

nice...me and a couple of guys I fish with have a couple of spots where we have produced wallys in previous years...usually in 17-21 FOW right off weedlines. I will report if we get into anything.

We were out on Friday all day and Saturday afternoon through the night. On Friday we walked out to the first hole from the VFW side of the lake, and there was a solid 9-10" or more. We parked at Bellaire and walked out (away from the zoo) on Saturday and again there was 10" of ice or better.

The day bite was primarily dink perch with a few decent ones mixed in. Crappies started hitting closer to dark.

At about 4:00 on Saturday I was fishing with a small spoon and felt a bite. I set my hook and ended up hitting a much bigger fish than I intended - 33.5" pike. The most interesting part is what I found in her belly when we brought her home.

33.5%2520inch%2520pike%2520fillet%25201-

Thanks for sharing pics! Crazy when you see something like that in their belly.

Well, at the last minute I went out to White Bear to meet up with a buddy. I got out to his spot at 5:30, dropped my vexilar down and saw he was in 26 FOW....all he had caught since 4pm were small perch....we both agreed that we needed to move to shallower water. We moved and set up in 13 FOW with about 2 feet of weeds on the bottom.

At 5:50pm my buddy locked onto a 20" walleye! One hour later, the wind was so strong, it blew us off the lake. I am anxious to pound on that spot during sundown to see what she can produce.

But my opinion is this....if you are looking for walleyes, go in 13-18 FOW on a green weedline.

I ventured up to Mille Lacs this past weekend, but I imagine a few people have started driving cars out from Bellaire? I have a Passat so I don't have to wait as long as you big pick up truck drivers. Although I'm sure there have already been a few crazy's in their 3/4 tons out on the ice.