• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

White Bear Lake Fishing Reports

Funny thing, there was a CO or Sheriff at the access yesterday. Guess he could've been responding to the stolen auger though. Hopefully that wouldn't happen while he was on the lake.

I set up in 15 FOW at the south end of the lake, missed a couple hits and had something come off the bottom to have a look at my minnow a few times. Pretty slow but guess I should expect that setting up in a random spot trying to get lucky.

Anyone else use a lakemaster chip on White Bear? It was useless for me, seemed to be atleast 10 feet off everywhere I went.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mallardnwalleye

• tip_upclyma

• IBFishin2

• MN BassFisher

just bring a nice shovel if u get stuck
Don't forget the tow rope and some sand or some (fresh) cat litter.

I had some good spots on that lake that are now choked with weeds since the water level is down so much.

I use Lakemaster as well and Fish WB often. I would say 7-10 feet off for sure is a good rule of thumb. What is hard to figure out, is where the new weedlines are then? Some spots are down more than others. It's just a very hard lake to get a beat on away from the crowds. I have scouted spots that I think look good, then when i drill, find out I am not even close to the right depth. Been tough going out there for sure.

Of course if you want to catch crappies and bluegills you can just go set-up out from Bellaire. The Walleyes we have caught are all really small. Biggest was 12" in our total of 6 maybe. I havent tried the North side of the lake at all though. Just south and east.

Fished WBL Sat & Sun from 2:30pm to 6pm....Saturday we iced 3 little waldos, and missed 3 in 22 FOW. Sunday we only caught 1 little waldo in 26 FOW. The active bite seemed to happen from 4-530pm.

Hi there!

Going to White Bear for the first time (during the winter)for a couple hours of "daddy" time after work Friday, about 4-8. Want to go off by the VFW, how are the entry points? Soupy? Anything to be careful of? I have a F150, I am assuming all is well.....

Thank you,

Jug

I was at the VFW for lunch on Thursday and saw trucks going on and off from there. There was a lot of splashing while they were driving but the ice is OK. I wouldn't worry about a F150. Could have gotten interesting today with the heavy fog and getting a bit turned around out there. Couldn't see more than maybe 150 yards or so at lunch time.

I didn't know there was a launch over by the VFW to drive out on. I have been going off the launch by the bridge going over to the island every night this week...still in pretty good shape considering. I have an F150 too, and it has been creepy with that much water melt on the ice...but 18-20"s everywhere I drilled.

Hot bite for walleyes has been from 4-6pm....with more aggressive fish in shallower, as opposed to deeper. I think the shallower you fish...the bigger the fish. Only managed cigar sized waldos in 20-30 FOW....but missed two heavy bites last night in 14 FOW.

Good Luck, and be safe!

Thank you guys, appreciate the responses. heading out soon, really looking forward to a couple stogies, a beer or 2 and maybe, just maybe my first wal of the season.

My buddy locked onto a 22" waldo Saturday night at 6:15 in 22 FOW. We went out again on Sunday and I talked him into going shallower....we did 13 FOW...some perch til about 5:30...and then not another mark, and we fished til 7:15.

They are out there....and the hunt continues to find a pattern!

Anyone been out driving on lake since the snow???? Thinking about going out tonite, and just curious about "off-roading", or if anyone has dropped a plow blade down to make any roads.

I have a 4wd F150, so I am not worried about getting stuck...just drifts can be a pain.

THANKS!

haven't been on the lake all year but i just live 2 block's away. went by on 61 2 time's tonight and did not see one vehicle on the ice. saw the remanding perm's out there and a few porty's but no trucks. there has been at least 50 vehicle's a night out there for the last 2 month's out of bellaire. anyone with current ice condition's please reply!

Drove out yesterday eve....the only vehicles on the ice were trucks. 4WD is not a problem out there, as long as you have enough clearance.

Fished in 16 FOW on a drop off....2 HUGE marks came to sniff me at 5:40 & 6:15...but neither one of them struck.

Will be out there again tonite to try and fish that drop off a little deeper where it hits the basin.

Finally found the PIGS on White Bear Lake!

Yanked out a 28.5" Waldo last night in 18FOW on a steep drop off from 10-30FOW.

My first trophy fish...and I am excited to get mounted! Can someone help me with posting a pic?....and does anytone have any taxidermist recommendations?

I brought the Bass photoed in the avatar picture last year to White bear Taxidermy and they did a great job and well priced as well.

Here is the link to my facebook page to show pic:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=1870825092401&set=a.1172578276667.2026896.1294331269&theater

let me know if this works.

WB taxidermy is considered by many to be the worst in the metro, I have a 10 yr old Musky from them that now looks like it was caught in the 1930's frown . Scott miller in Prescott is great!

FYI...lightning did NOT strike twice. Took two buddies out to exact same spot last night....ZERO game fish marked after perch went away...fished from 5-7pm

FYI...lightning did NOT strike twice. Took two buddies out to exact same spot last night....ZERO game fish marked after perch went away...fished from 5-7pm

I was drivin around the lake last night, you must have been the only person out there?

There were actually quite a few "fish hunters" out on the lake. I have been fishing the NE side of the lake...not going anywhere near that Bellaire Metropolis wink

Nice... yeah, don't get too great of a view of that corner of the lake on the drive by, but by your contour descriptions that's where I thought you were at.

Nice fish by the way, real nice.

That was an awesome fish, well done! But it sounds like you put the work in!

I did go once, went to the north of the island, perch and a really nice crappie. Hoping to go one final time Sunday morning early/mid morning. Going to try the south east of the island, hopefully I won't get in the way of the moving vans!

Was out today off of bellaire and caught over 20 or so crappies with biggest being 11 1/4 inch fishing in 12 FOW. Also caught another musky in the high 40's around 25lbs fishing for pike. Good day to be out.