• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Papa Grump

• Larry FlatCaster

• Gordie

• wastewaterguru

Anything has to be more manly than dudes in halfshirts and leg warmers.

rofl.gif

I hate to tell you guys but no one was as cool as they think they were in the 80's.

Thanks Shamu for the night out. Always a good time in your boat. We really slammed the rough fish. I knew those bullies were too small, should have grabbed Ed's 6.99 inch bullhead that weighed 2 pounds wink

1000420m.jpg

1000421.jpg

Got a few cats but it was mostly slow.

Two more weeks and then I've got 12 straight hours of fishing with the one and only guru.

Thanks Ryan for a great night out on the river. Things looked good when we came upon a bald eagle.

BaldEagle6-4-10.jpg

I had been told this was a good luck omen. Unfortunately, at least for us, this majestic bird must have frightened the fish away. As always, any night on the river is about as good as it gets. Thanks again, Ryan.

Results are up. As usual, check your entries to make sure they're correct.

LOTS of flatheads submitted (15 of the 20 contestants), and LOTS of big fish -- at least 7 over 30 lbs. Plus I know some guys released others that were over 30 lbs that they didn't submit because that wasn't even their biggest of the night.

Congrats this week to Kyle (76 inches) and Pete (75 inches) for putting up money fish in the flathead category, and a shout out to Dennis (74 inches) for smacking another biggun of his own and missing the money by just 1 inch.

On channels, we had the first tie of the year. Scott took first by an inch with 46 inches total, and Jack and Kyle tied for second with their 45 inchers.

Week 2 photos, in alphabetical order, are here:

Photo Gallery

The race is on to catch Ed for the season total. Lots of contenders there, it's by no means even remotely decided. The only guys who are really 'out' of the running are the guys with double goose-eggs, and there are just a couple of those. 1/2 the people haven't even used their mulligan yet. I'm excited to see what's next.

Yeah this is why we have multiple fishing nights and the all nighter all before the spawn.

Good planning for the league. Awesome to see all those fish weighed in. Too bad I can't get any of the big ones to the boat.....

Thanks Shamu for the night out. Always a good time in your boat. We really slammed the rough fish. I knew those bullies were too small, should have grabbed Ed's 6.99 inch bullhead that weighed 2 pounds wink

I caught my smallest flat of thew night on that thing. It was 37" but still the smallest one of the night. I need to find some more of them things for the all nighter.

• 2 weeks later...

So what's the fishing going to be like tomorrow night guys? We got at least three more inches of rain today.

I think it will be a great night. It will take some time for the major part of the water to hit here in the metro, but further south could be interesting. All I can say is be safe and have fun!

I bet we didn't get 1/2 inch tonight. It rained super hard...for 3 minutes. Then less hard for maybe less than an hour. I exaggerate, we may have gotten 1/2 inch...but it doesn't seem like it could have been multiple inches.

Good luck to everyone tomorow, I'm thinking there will be some more pigs caught.

good luck to everyone and watch out for floaters. The bite has slowed down for me, but at least I have all night this time.

Thanks wastewaterguru for taking me out...always a blast fishing with you. We managed a couple nice flats, just like last year, in some mighty fast conditions. If we didn't lose a couple fish in snags, have a couple come unbuttoned, and if I didn't miss a couple hooksets we might have had an epic night.

Got home just before I crumbled into dust. The sun was on the horizon in my driverside on the way home.

So who was done by 10:30, or was that a mind game?

Condolences to dtro, who lost a monster fish in a snag under the boat. Jeremy Wade called and said you should have jumped in after it.

Fished until 2 45 only to miss my one flat bite 500 feet from the landing. Thanks Pete, I had a good time and yes there was a lot of floaters.

Stayed out till 5 am or so, only 2 channels and a couple of runs into the snags while taking a snooze. Didn't see much for floaters all night.

Scores have been posted. Too busy and/or tired right now, so if I messed something up just let me know.

Looks like some more nice fish caught. Congrats to Brian R and Scott M on the channel side and to Dennis and John on flatheads. Dennis is on fire, but there are plenty of people within striking distance. By no means it is a runaway yet.

On a final note -- everyone has caught at least one fish now, which is unusual, especially since the season's only half over. You'd think we'd have at least one contestant on the final week looking to break a season-long skunkage, but apparently nobody has THAT monkey on his back this year.

Oh yeah, nobody was done by 10:30. Well not that I know of. Just a joke.

• 2 weeks later...

E-mail sent to everyone ,date change in August due to conflict the Belle Plaine Contest...

E-mail sent to everyone ,date change in August due to conflict the Belle Plaine Contest...

Belle Plaine contest? Wasnt there another name for it? confused

howd u do last night brian? were you able to get where u wanted too?

Yes... and not a bite either frown Even with the high water, we had all the makings of something should happen.. Nice current break, minnows all over the place, nice transistion from shallow to deep water, even had a bobber set up going on.Called it quits at 10:30.

Congratulations to Brian and Scott. They and the BPCL were featured in the Mankato Free Press today (July 4, 2010). Be sure to check out the article by John Cross.

Very cool Brian and Scott - Thank you for spreading the Catch, Photo, Release message. It's things like this that show people that are thinking about going Catfishing that releasing these big fish is the right thing to do.

Nice! Maybe Ron Schara could be talked into going for a little ride sometime......if the river ever goes down this year grin