• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tom's on the Ground (Team #8)

Turkey Addict

Any idea's for a name? A couple ideas of mine are

cuttin and struttin

spitin and drummin

I'm hunting 349A

Team 8 is going to be great!

I am hunting 236B.

A couple of name ideas:

Tom's on the Ground

Team Butterball

Gob Stoppers

I'm liking "Toms on the Ground" a lot. Hunting Nebraska the end of April and Season E in Minnesota.

Being a HUGE Vikes fan, I am also in favor of "Toms on the Ground". I will be hunting 425C.

Tom's on the Ground is fine by me. Good luck to you guys and don't forget to start practicing your calling.

hey fellas - i will be hunting the last weekend in April down in SE MN. we have a group of 5 guys heading down this year so we should be able to put a couple down. i am again hoping this year i will get a shot at one with the bow, but the shotgun will be in the truck in case i need the support - good luck all.

Looks like we have heard from everyone except Tom Linderholm.

Kind of ironic we have not heard from our "Tom" yet.

Looks like everyone is hunting some great areas and good seasons.

Toms on the ground, Toms on the ground- teams 1 thru 7 are going to be jealous when we put our Toms on the ground. grin

Toms on the ground, Toms on the ground- teams 1 thru 7 are going to be jealous when we put our Toms on the ground. grin

How cute. You've got your own little jingle. crazy Too bad you'll have to be looking up to team #6 "Beard Trimmers" the whole time. laugh

Good luck guys! (just not too good)

TurkeyAddict will get it started in about a week and half and they'll know why we picked Toms on the Ground for our team name. Did a little scouting this morning and had a couple gobbling on private land next to the public land which I may hunt. Definitely the right way to start the day.

hey guys dontr worry about team 6 they'll be right behind team 4 laugh

and you guys spelled it wrong, its jake on the ground laugh

Pretty funny coming from Team 4 "Stub Collectors"

Team 6 should just cut to the chase and change their name from Beard Trimmers to "Short Beards" grin

Sorry guys, I'm here, been working on the new boat and moving at the same time. Will be scouting this next week and hunting 2nd season in zone 6 WI. This will be my second year hunting Turkey, last year I pulled a nice double bearded 21lb Tom. May be tough to beat.

Let's get er done!

welcome aboard Tom.

Sounds like you have a great area to hunt and a great season.

Good luck.

Tom you don't have to beat last year's bird just duplicate it. Kidding. Good to have you on board. Good luck in your upcoming season.

So for $%!ts and giggles I stepped out my back door to throw a few clucks, 3 strokes on the glass and I had two birds going crazy at 200 yards. Never came out of the wood line, then again I didn't take the time to educate them. Haven't seen a bird on our land since last spring it may just be an easy year.

Heading out in a couple hours. Don't know if I'll even be able to sleep.

Oh well that why they invinted energy drinks. Good luck to every hunting B

Well, I am all set to be out tomorrow morning.

There has been a lot of morning gobbling around my property with many turkey sightings so I am optimistic.

The submission thread has been awfully quiet. I hope to change that.

The past 2 mornings have been great to be in the woods.

Lots of turkey activity but have not closed the deal yet.

I will be back out in the morning.

not sure if anyone else is hunting this weekend - but the weather is gonna suck. Wind, Rain, Thunder, all weekend, pretty typical for my turkey hunts.

good luck to anyone else out there.

Know what you mean. They are already predicting the same thing starting next Thursday when we head for Nebraska. I'm just very thankful for pop up blinds. Good luck you never know.

Well guys, I let you down.

No bird for me.

I hunted all 5 mornings until around 11:00 and then had to get in to work.

Had turkey activity every day. Lots of early gobbling but once they collected their hens it shut right down.

I could have taken a jake or a short bearded tom but was holding out for a long beard.

I have never hunted late season but am guessing this is what it is like.

The woods are sure greened up and everything is 3 weeks ahead of normal.

Looking at the submission thread it looks like others are not finding it as easy this year either.

It was still a great season getting out. Spring turkey woods are magical.

Good luck to all still hunting.

Well you certainly had great weather anyway. Some action too. Maybe triggertrav will get us started this weekend.

Gobbler Down! 20lbs 11.5 inch beard. I will put a story and some pics up tonight or so.

Good luck to the rest of you!