• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Team 6 "BEARD TRIMMERS"

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DonBo

• mknolls

• duckhuntr21

• Borch

Sounds like a great hunt. Got to love when the birds come in. Nice looking bird DonBo, Congrats

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators
Borch

Very nice pic there Donbo.

Sounds like you guys had a great hunt.

Nightcrawler

nice bird donbo, watch out i heard Elwood is out and about

• 4 weeks later...
Archerysniper

Ha ha, yeah you could probably fit that little baby turkey you're gonna shoot right inside that lamp...no one would know the difference. HA!

Note to my Team #6 teammates. This was just the first of many who will try to hijack our thread. They all know who to be looking up too and they all be jealous. smile

Nightcrawler

archerysniper , WHAT brand of bow is in your avatar?

So I was wondering when and were team #5 can pick up that trophy you guys were bickering about. winkgrinlaugh

yahn.....whatever....bla, bla, bla. laughcrazy

Nightcrawler

checks in the mail. wink good for Sportmans Warehouse ONLY in St.Cloud. whistle

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys, the totals are in. We got 5th out of 8 teams. frown Was hoping for a better showing, but it was nice "meeting" you all and wish you all the best next year!

Had a great time being on this team. I look forward to seeing some of you next year if it works out for me and all you. Had a great time learning and watching all your comments and your pic's. Maybe next year I can get one down. Two years running know with no bird. Tag soup is just not that good. At least were not last. Thanks for the fun all.

Archerysniper

Hey mknolls the area I took my bird from isn't very far from where you were hunting, I live up there and know of a few great spots for you too look towards next spring.

duckhuntr21

Tag soup is just not that good. At least were not last. Thanks for the fun all.

I usually enjoy it with some catsup.....Not kechup.

duckhuntr21

It was nice meeting you guys and hearing the stories. I am really looking forward to next years contest. A big high five to Borch for organizing this and somehow keeping track of everything.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mshultz
      Thanks.  I'm staying in Littlefork and my plan, flexible, is to fish the mouth of the Big Fork and Little Fork rivers and then move upstream as far as I can go in the V14.   I' put in at Pelland and then there is a put in (landing) right off the highway at the mouth of the Big Fork.   I thought this would be off the beaten path, but I'm now hearing it could he high traffic there....parking and fishing.  The trip is sort of a bucket list thing as I've never fished that far north in Minnesota.  I'd rather catch fewer fish and be less crowded.   Thoughts on this very much appreciated.   Mike  Minnesota native temporarily living in Kansas  
    • shiva
      i visited the lake with my new kayak.
    • Rivergroup
      My daughter and I will be fishing the west end Saturday afternoon, Sunday, & Monday.  Any tips would be great.  This will be her 3rd time on Vermilion and she's anxious to catch some walleyes!  
    • BrianF
      This past week, we had two different sightings of golden eagles while fishing on the west end.  They must have had a 7’ wingspan.  Huge raptors!  At one point, the golden soared into bald Eagle territory and a mid-air confrontation ensued.  The bald eagle was so much smaller and more maneuverable that it was no contest.     We also watched a bald eagle swoop down to grab a fish early in the morning.  The fish was too big to pluck from the water so the eagle crashed down and started a long 300 yard swim to shore.  Took about 15 mins of breast strokes, but it made landfall and proceeded to drag her catch up on shore - where two other eagles immediately flew in to squabble over the meal.  Eagles swimming in with their catch must be a thing.  Seen it three times now. 
    • SkunkedAgain
      Has the pizza gotten better? It was bad in the beginning.   We had exceptional garlic-butter wings and burgers back in May when they only did dockside delivery. One time in June or July I had their fish tacos which were good. Italian sandwich was good another time but they severely overcooked my brother's walleye sandwich and fries at the same time.    The bartender told us that they were having staffing problems. Put that on top of the volume of customers they seem to consistently have, and I'm not surprised that the kitchen staff is inconsistent. It's still way better than the last owners!
    • Raven77
      If you go to the Landing I recommend sticking to wings or pizza.  Everything else is a crap shoot.  Literally.
    • delcecchi
      Didn't know that they hung it up that soon.
    • Snogan
      Just wondering if anyone else that fishes the Root (especially below Lanesboro) has ever patterned or had any luck targeting sauger/eyes. This is my first year trying for them after hearing whispers for years and I've been surprised with my results. So far I've caught 5 sauger and 4 eyes out of the Root this year, a 17 inch Sauger and a 22 inch eye being my biggest so far. I know the river is a lot better known for trout but if anybody else has had any luck targeting other species I'd love to share reports or tactics. 
    • monstermoose78
      O man!! Duck season is so close I can taste it!! I got enough shells for a war and that is what I am declaring to all wood ducks 🦆 Is war!! Finn is in peak shape and my shooting has been pretty good. 
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  Anglers are pulling in nice catches of walleyes with some big trophy walleyes mixed in as well.  The MN Tournament Trail Walleye Tournament just finished their championship with the winning team putting up 80.99 lbs for 10 walleyes!  Water temps have dropped to the upper 50's, shiners are running and there is a lot of bait adjacent to shorelines, fall is here.  The jig bite has picked up tremendously, but pulling a spinner with a crawler or shiner along with trolling crankbaits is still effective. Along shore try 10-16' and out on the mud 22-28'.  Gold, glow and orange are strong this week. On the Rainy River...   More and more emerald shiners are entering the river this week.  Current on the river is slow.  Reports of some nice walleyes but still not the big run yet.  Most anglers are jigging with frozen shiners.  Trolling crankbaits or crawler harnesses still working and a good way to cover water. Sturgeon anglers focusing on deeper holes with a 3 ounce no roll sinker with an 18" snell of heavy line (60 lb) with a 4/0 circle hook loaded with crawlers and shiners.  Pike showing up on weed edges. Up at the NW Angle...  Until the US / Canada border opens, guests can travel across the lake staying and fishing in MN waters.  There are boat shuttle / passenger services available to the Angle.  Check with your favorite NW Angle resort for options.   As fall kicks in, many anglers jigging with good results.  Gold spinners with crawler or minnow also producing nicely.  Some really nice walleyes caught this week targeting structure and shorelines in 10 - 15' and 21 - 27'.  Muskies and big pike hitting topwater in weedy bays.  Some big crappies on small jigs in 15-30'.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.