• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
fishuhalik

Who wants to go to BSL on Sunday?

fishuhalik

I'm heading up to Big Sandy on Sunday early morning (4:30-5:00) for a full day on Sunday, going mainly after tullies but maybe a crappie or two. Any takers? I live in Plymouth and we can take off from my apartment, meet somewhere on the way, whatever works. I'll cover most/all of the gas, if you wanna throw in $10 I wouldn't turn it down. I have a ford contour, so I can fit 3-4 full-size guys in my car somewhat comfortably, w/ gear in the trunk.

McGurk

Dude, I wish. I was up there last weekend, and wouldn't mind at all. Still recovering from the hangover, though.

deadeye

I wish I could say yes to that but I wouldn't know if I was able to go until Sunday. More fixing cars this weekend so I won't know if I could go until I am done repairing stuff.

fishuhalik

Deadeye, gimme a call Saturday night if you can go. I'll let ya know if I have an open seat for ya still. email is jeff _ lynch 55 at yahoo dot com.

fishuhalik

McCurk, how'd ya end up doing last weekend? Any spots you're willing to share?

McGurk

Had some of the best panfishing of my life. Caught almost a dozen sunnies over 9, and 1 over 10"plus some crappies (3 over 12") mixed in. Worked the north shore from the Big sand bar. The guy we were with knew where to go, but I will say we were a ways from the crowds. You'll catch a few crappies in the crowds, but look for a spot at the base of the break in around 20' of water on the north shore, and you'll do OK. If you dont mark fish in the immediate area, DRILL MOVE DRILL MOVE DRILL MOVE. The key is to find the unpressured fish and pick them off. THey're getting hit pretty hard, and are getting a little skittish.

MidCoast

What are you guys catching the Tullibees with??

waterbound

I'd love to go up there, but I'm working Sunday.

deadeye

Deadeye, gimme a call Saturday night if you can go. I'll let ya know if I have an open seat for ya still. email is jeff _ lynch 55 at yahoo dot com.

I will do that. It really would be awesome to get outa town for a day so that would be sweet. Plus I got a smoker now and tullibies are great smoked. I will let you know when I know. Gotta fix Mom's car first so that will determine the weekend for me depending on whats wrong.

My email is deadeye1jm at gmail dot com

fishuhalik

midcoast, it depends on the day. I've done really well on jigs that a guy on here makes, I can't mention his name since he's not a sponsor, but they're tiny, tiny hair jigs (1/80th & 1/100th oz.) sometimes with a waxie/spike sometimes just plain, no maggot. I've also heard of guys that do really well on small pimples, diamond jigs, fiskas, etc. If they're not eating sometime, keep switching til ya find the trigger

Feathers Rainin

Fishaholic I have a shack in McGregor and I was thinking about going up and hitting a trout lake near there Saturday and hit BSL on sunday. If I don't go up tomorrow or Saturday morn I would love to come up and hit the ice with you Sunday or we could just meet there on Sunday. If you can we could do both days and stay at my shack. Shoot me an e-mail if you have an interest and we could figure out a plan. [email protected]

fishuhalik

feathers, I may be able to take ya up on that, only problem is I have to watch my son at least most of the day on saturday. I'm gonna try to talk my sister into watching him in the evening, my wife's working, and we could maybe head up then. That way we wouldn't have to wake up at technically 3:30!! I'm emailing you my number, call me sometime this evening, after about 7:30, I should be there. If I'm not, just leave a message and I'll call ya back.

deadeye

Well I am gonna swtich gears and do some open water fishing instead this weekend so I won't be going. I usually ice fish until the bitter end but I feel like standing on solid ground and catching a cat.