• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Final five 2010

cbrooks

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cbrooks

• scsavre

• PierBridge

• &JAG

This thread is getting old talking about the Gophers... They won't be playing until next season, so save your typing for the next underachieving, blue chip, cake eating, family funded brats smile

Second, your most likely right about being hit that hard from behind (myself); it served a purpose... The Sioux are the hardest hitting team in college hockey hands down and things can get wild sometimes, that's why there is a penalty box.

Third, I don't think that Hakstol wastes time in practice showing these guys the finer points in violent behavioral hockey. I believe in physical hockey at all costs and yes, sometimes it will go beyond clean hits. It's just the nature of the beast. That is why I've been a Sioux fan from a young age, we played physical teams and had to compete. The only way you can do that is skate around them or hit just as hard and make em' think. It's fun and exciting to "light em' up" sometimes men just get that adrenaling going on too heavy and make poor decisions. That's the world of Hockey just ask Barry Melrose. lol wink

JUMP on the UMD wagon! It may only last one game, but at least it's against the Sioux. And if we somehow find a way to win, we play Denver and everyone here can agree on our feelings there.

I'll be back with my picks after the WCHA hands out it's punishment and we know if he's "frattin" booted from the entire tournament like he should be or its just a slap on the wrist like is expected for the cheap shot with the sole intent to injure hit.

LMAO. I don't want to hear any "frattin" complaining about the Sioux ending the Gophers season early.

What! Wisconsin, I think your the only one on here Steve.

Not the only one.

ON WISCONSIN!! I'll be coming up from Rochester to watch their semi-final game against St. Cloud. Should be a good one.

Why have you been so quiet. Wisconsin surprised me this year. I didn't expect much from them. How do you like there chances this weekend?

Thursday winner- Sioux

Friday- Denver @ Wisconsin

Saturday- Wisconsin

My true feelings on this Tourney... Go Sioux!!

JUMP on the UMD wagon! It may only last one game, but at least it's against the Sioux. And if we somehow find a way to win, we play Denver and everyone here can agree on our feelings there.

Not a chance against UND. Its gonna be a awesome game.

Why have you been so quiet. Wisconsin surprised me this year. I didn't expect much from them. How do you like there chances this weekend?

Surprised me a bit as well as I was expecting a bit more middle of the pack for them, but really 2-5 were pretty bunched up so in a way about where I was hoping. Hard to follow them living over here in MN. Don't get to see them on TV, live and its not like ESPN is talking about college hockey. So I keep up with them as much as I can via internet and for the past 3 years have gone over to Mankato to see them take on the Mavericks.

Not to use a cliche, but its really going to come down to defense and goal tending as 4 goals is the lowest total scored by the winning team in the four games they played and split this year. Badgers are #2 in the nation in scoring and hitting on the PP at a 20% clip. Hopefully they can put it together come Friday and make a return trip to the WCHA final. (It has been quite a while)

This thread is getting old talking about the Gophers... They won't be playing until next season, so save your typing for the next underachieving, blue chip, cake eating, family funded brats smile

Second, your most likely right about being hit that hard from behind (myself); it served a purpose... The Sioux are the hardest hitting team in college hockey hands down and things can get wild sometimes, that's why there is a penalty box.

Third, I don't think that Hakstol wastes time in practice showing these guys the finer points in violent behavioral hockey. I believe in physical hockey at all costs and yes, sometimes it will go beyond clean hits. It's just the nature of the beast. That is why I've been a Sioux fan from a young age, we played physical teams and had to compete. The only way you can do that is skate around them or hit just as hard and make em' think. It's fun and exciting to "light em' up" sometimes men just get that adrenaling going on too heavy and make poor decisions. That's the world of Hockey just ask Barry Melrose. lol wink

That's much more reasonable and spoken like a true Hockey/Sioux fan!

But was the cake-eating, family funded brat, comment necessary?. gringrin

Sometimes things happen that can bring a team together to work harder, like a teammate getting suspended. Careful what you wish for, GO SIOUX!!!!

Bemidji Tourny is a joke. Remember when i said it was junk to even allow them to have a bid. I think a few of you thought otherwise. What do you think now.

I would completely disagree!!!!! The CHA conference having only 4 teams is somewhat of a joke (why they are done after this season). The tourney isn't really a joke because every conference has one. In the history of the CHA this will be the only time 2 teams come out of it! All the other times the "best" team won even though only once have they advanced out of the first round.

I don't think what happened last year constitutes not giving a bid to a team out of the CHA or any other small conference (Look at the upsets last season!). The Beavers made the Frozen Four which is something that other teams in this state haven't laid claim to! Just because they came from a weak conference doesn't mean they are a weak team. They are sitting in the 7 seed this year pairwise and are already a lock to make the tourney!

The only thing wrong is that the consensus pick in Bemidji didn't win the tourney but rules are rules and the tourney champ gets in!

- Its very similiar to all the weak conferences in the NCAA basketball tourney. How many of those weak conference tourney champs snub teams from better conferences that would stand a better shot of getting a win! (Without it a team like Dakota wouldn't have faced Kansas at the dome last year!) Yet, a few of these minor conference teams make runs to the sweet 16 or better and every year average joe's like you and I pick them and hope they make a run! Thats what made last years NCAA hockey tournament so much fun! I drove 6 hours from my house back to Bemidji just to watch the Frozen Four with old college friends and drove 20 minutes to a friends house to watch rounds 1 and 2 on ESPNU! It allows a small town to get national attention and there is nothing better than being the underdog and being the only team in the region still playing college hockey!!!!!

So I will disagree with you completely on the fact that no team should get in out of this conference.... Did the Gophers not get beat in one of the biggest upsets in NCAA hockey tourney history? - I THINK THEY DID!!!!!

When I'm not rooting for the Sioux, I'm rooting for the Badgers (being a Cheeshead by birth). gringringrin

I've never rooted for any Denver team in my life. Who would? crazy

A Sioux and Badger fan? Everyone be careful of this man, he may be the devil in disguise!

Sounds like the Devil,

I still say waste of a spot for a good team. Its just like trying to figure out who will be in the tourny this year. You do the top 16, then you have to add Huntsville and save a spot for AHA. I am not too worried about it though. It is fair enough.

Did I mention the Gophers complained/cry-ed so much they got Frattin suspended for a game in the playoffs? On a perfectly clean hit....

wahmbulance-736464.jpg

Clean hit...IF he doesn't leave his feet.. IMO. Penalty was served and the suspension will be served. Matter over except that the Sioux are still playing while the rodents are talking to their agents. wink Did anyone mention how young the Sioux are? Doesn't give the rodent faithful much to look forward to.

Originally Posted By: Steve Foss
When I'm not rooting for the Sioux, I'm rooting for the Badgers (being a Cheeshead by birth). gringringrin

I've never rooted for any Denver team in my life. Who would? crazy

A Sioux and Badger fan? Everyone be careful of this man, he may be the devil in disguise!

College hockey: Sioux, then Badgers, with BSU really a tie with the Badgers. Never the Rodents.

Pro hockey: The Wild (I hate that Texas stole our team. Who knows Richard about hockey in a state where the only ice is in a highball glass or a cooler full of Lone Star?)

College football: Who cares?

Pro football: Packers forever, then among NFC teams it's WAAAAAY down the list to find one. Although I'm all for the old Black and Blue in the playoffs if my Pack isn't there. AFC=Steelers.

Pro baseball: Twins, of course.

College baseball: Again, who cares?

Pro basketball: Whatever. I haven't cared since the Suns/Bulls matchups in the mid 90s. Now that was some basketball.

College basketball: March what?

Pro golf: They have teams?

College golf: They have golf?

So a little philosophy difference then the NFL eh Steve.

So no division, conference loyalty like you have in the NFL where you root for the Packers until they lose and then the rest of division which includes cheering for the Vikings?

Any who it's not looking good for the dogs now sitting 14th as far`as getting into the dance!

Nope not looking good for the Dogs; would take just about a mircale for us to get in now. I appreciate the effort this season though. Goaltending was a pleasant surprise, and our power play was stellar. I don't think we'll lose too many players, so it should be fun next year. Congrats to cbrooks and his Sioux. Certainly outplayed us huge for the first 35 minutes or so.

I didn't get a chance to watch St Cloud today as I was really busy at work, but was glad to see they're in the final. Really pulling for them. Go Huskies!

And I was going through serious withdrawls with this site being down during the F5.

So a little philosophy difference then the NFL eh Steve.

So no division, conference loyalty like you have in the NFL where you root for the Packers until they lose and then the rest of division which includes cheering for the Vikings?

Nope.

You can search for logic all you want, but it's your search, not mine, and you are shooting arrows into empty space with no targets before you. I just am what I am, and that's all I am. wink

Sioux win! Sioux win! Sioux win! Sioux win! gringringrin

And I was going through serious withdrawls with this site being down during the F5.

Probably for the best, there would have been some serious trash talking smile

March on Sioux! I couldn't have predicted this a month ago, nor could anyone. The old adage about it's not if you get hot, it's when, sure holds true in this case. Good goaltenting carries a good team, great goaltending can be THE difference maker. Bring on those Huskies.

What happened to all this "dirty Sioux" talk? Looked like two pretty clean games to me. Any chance they just "play down" to the rodent level those series?

What happened to all this "dirty Sioux" talk? Looked like two pretty clean games to me. Any chance they just "play down" to the rodent level those series?

They played a clean game tonight as they often do. Again I give the credit to Hack for getting his point across that penalty's and unnecessary hits are stupid and they hurt the team.

I'd call it the Sioux's best game of the year also and they'll have to be pretty unlucky to not beat St Cloud tonight.

I only have one wish now and that is that the Sioux's results in this years NCAA's mirror their last 10 trips to the dance! grin

Go Sioux!!!!!! cool

"I only have one wish now and that is that the Sioux's results in this years NCAA's mirror their last 10 trips to the dance!"

Funny, real funny-not.

Go Sioux!!!!!! cool

What? I don't think I'm reading that right must be a typo. There's noway PB is on the bandwagon.

Maybe the Sioux can get a #1 seed for the NCAA tourney if they win the FF. Go Sioux. I hope the Badgers beat Denver. I thought Chervie was a little off yesterday.

No, I believe PB is telling the Sioux to go be the same Sioux they've been at other NCAA hockey tournaments in recent years.