• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Final five 2010

cbrooks

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cbrooks

• scsavre

• PierBridge

• &JAG

27 minutes of penalties from the Dogs, and it's only half over. Good thing they are winning 2-0, so far.

I usually like the aggressive play of the Sioux but this is bad. Frattin better get a one game suspension.

Okay, now the UMD/CC game has 62 minutes of total penalties just before the 2nd intermission. UMD on 5-3 for 2:00.

GOAL, up 3-0 now. Still the major penalty in play.

I usually like the aggressive play of the Sioux but this is bad.

I agree. Dave Hakstol and his coaching staff's leadership is insecure and lacks professionalism. Playing aggressive is one thing but targeting certain players and physical contact with obvious intent to injure is another. And then to have the UND fans cheering while a Gopher player is laying on the ice, possibly injured, is ridiculous and frankly, embarassing. Never would I want to be associated or support such a program.

Gophers are not looking good right now. I still wonder if they even want it. I thought that charging penalty would have lit a fire under their butts, but it didn't. Not scoring during a 5 minute pp really killed them too.

Buzzing like skeeters is the whine I hear. What's really embarrassing is the rodent announcers playing it up. What I saw was the puck in his skates and a questionable hit due to the fact he left his feet. Lucia's hack of a kid should be targeted with aggressive hits because the only reason he is in the league is to goon it up.

Go Sioux

Originally Posted By: archerystud

I agree. Dave Hakstol and his coaching staff's leadership is insecure and lacks professionalism. Playing aggressive is one thing but targeting certain players and physical contact with obvious intent to injure is another. And then to have the UND fans cheering while a Gopher player is laying on the ice, possibly injured, is ridiculous and frankly, embarassing. Never would I want to be associated or support such a program.

They were cheering for the scrum after the play, not for the player on the ice. Get a grip.

If Frattin would not have left his skates, it would have been a legal hit, he did leave his skates and was called for it. It was definitely a 5 min major.

Responses I expected. Consider the source. Congratulations on a head injury. You should be proud.

Responses I expected. Consider the source. Congratulations on a head injury. You should be proud.

Lighten up Francis . . . and get a clue.

Buzzing like skeeters is the whine I hear. What's really embarrassing is the rodent announcers playing it up. What I saw was the puck in his skates and a questionable hit due to the fact he left his feet. Lucia's hack of a kid should be targeted with aggressive hits because the only reason he is in the league is to goon it up.

Go Sioux

Nothing like making your own incompetence about something more known than a comment like this...absolutely Hilarious!!

The sue are obviously more talented than the gophers. More physical, more speed, more creativity, and more heart. U of M really needs sweeping changes within this program.

So... UMD will either play UND or the Mavs. Congrats to the Sioux on returning the to F5 again (when did they last not go?). Whether or not the Mavs go, they get should get a lot of credit for playing St Cloud really tough.

I didn't see the game and only listened to the last period on the net. It sounds like I missed a good game.

10,000 fans who have never played hockey before? Yeah - like that is any different from any other major college hockey program. You can't tell me that the rodent fans are any different.

Breaking news - Cepis is leaving the U of M for the US National Swim team - diving is his calling.

I agree about the missed calls other than the Cepis dives, offsides and icing are pretty basic calls that should never be missed.

You have to admit that the Gopher announcers definitely make no attempt to hide their affilliation so I believe that they probably made more out of things than they really were. I didn't see the game and could be wrong here but I have seen enough games in the past to know that this happens a lot.

]

The gophs need a change I think Lucia has done a fantastic job but his teams lately lack preparation for the big games. I think a change would benefit both parties. Personally I would love to see Lucia move to UMD and take that program to the next level.

As for ND congrats. Gives the state something to due for a few more weeks. Really what is there to due there? It's seriously all the state has. I suppose that's why come May they come barging in to this beautiful state to catch a glimpse of God's country.

Congratations to SCSU and UMD.

Hey Solbes its on;) UND and UMD for the play in game.

As for ND congrats. Gives the state something to due for a few more weeks. Really what is there to due there? It's seriously all the state has. I suppose that's why come May they come barging in to this beautiful state to catch a glimpse of God's country.

2010 champs? laugh That's laughable.

If you see a guy in a gophers shirt at the Medora Musical stop by and have a beer with him. He'll need one after realizing he just wasted an entire weekend.

Hey we need to beat some over rated opponents to improve our pairwise - UND & Denver smile

As to Lucia taking us to the next level, no thanks. I'm pretty happy with Sandelin.

Well you'll have a chance on Thursday Solbes. As for Denver I don't know if anybody can beat them. Hoping there slipping a little they didn't exactly dominate Michigan Tech by the looks of the scoreboard. I would really like to see someone next weekend beat these guys.

No suprises in the first round matchups as expected.

I'll be back with my picks after the WCHA hands out it's punishment and we know if he's "frattin" booted from the entire tournament like he should be or its just a slap on the wrist like is expected for the cheap shot with the sole intent to injure hit.

Originally Posted By: archerystud

Maybe if the Gophers could skate with the Sioux they could get away from the hits. The Gophers are to busy taking cheap shots behind the play because, that's what all those cake eating rich boys do! On the Frattin hit yeah he left his feet... 5 minute penalty as should be, no suspension will happen. I think it comes down to losing rodent fans again, they lost now Woog and all the rest of em' look for excuses. Here's some insight take your blue chip players and make them team players and get rid of that cocky Lucia, what has he done lately? The Sioux will continue to excel with Hakstol at the helm, the best the U can hope for is ex-sioux coach Blais to take over. Hope to see Kangas and the rest of the rodents at the X this week but, I'm sure they'll be whinning at some frat house lol wink

No suprises in the first round matchups as expected.

I'll be back with my picks after the WCHA hands out it's punishment and we know if he's "frattin" booted from the entire tournament like he should be or its just a slap on the wrist like is expected for the cheap shot with the sole intent to injure hit.

Intent to injure? How about "light him up"... Too bad he got excited and left his feet when he saw that Gopher sitting with the puck not making progress. I really wish he wouldn't have left his feet because the result would have been virtually the same on his a** laying there. Personally, I've taken harder hits in my day from behind. So if they suspend him it's a joke! Especially since it's the Sioux's best offensive player. The complaining continues... If the rodents would have won, this hit would be on the back burner.

The Sioux will continue to excel with Hakstol at the helm, the best the U can hope for is ex-sioux coach Blais to take over.

As a longtime Sioux fan and also a fan of the Blais years, watching Dean coach the Rodents would be kind of like me (a Packers fan) watching Favre QB the Queens. Just sort of weird. crazy

And I'm with JAG on the hit. But then, I WOULD be, wouldn't I? If I was a fan of the rodents I'd probably be hollering foul. gringrin

GO SIOUX!!!

Oh the fun of another Gopher/Sioux weekend. The Sioux deserved to move on to the final five, they are the better team and showed it over the course of 3 games this weekend. The Gophers really had them right where they wanted them, playing the 3rd game on the road, tied in the 2nd with 5 minutes of power play in front of them and they can't convert. Typical of this years gophers.

On the hit, clearly dirty, he should probably get one game off by the league. I think Doug and Frank went a little overboard but they were at least going in the right direction. How many sioux players have had serious injuries due to dirty hits in the past 5 years? I remember hearing a lot of outrage when its your player down, funny how blind they are when its their player throwing the hit.

To everyone commenting on Blais coaching the gophers, you do realize ha was a player and assistant coach for the Gophers in the 70's right??? He's got pretty strong ties to both schools, if you cut him I can promise you he doesn't bleed green.

To everyone commenting on Blais coaching the gophers, you do realize ha was a player and assistant coach for the Gophers in the 70's right??? He's got pretty strong ties to both schools, if you cut him I can promise you he doesn't bleed green.

Yeah, but Sioux fans like to remember what he did FOR us, not what he did TO us. winkwink