• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What ever happened to Bottom Line?

eelpout#1

Question

I used to have a Bottom Line graph, but alas it went to graph heaven in a puff of smoke. I have since purchased both Eagle and Lowrance graphs and have not been happy with either. I just spent 20 minutes looking for a new Bottom Line unit and they seem to have disappeared. Company go out of business or what? I loved their price and large screens.

8 answers to this question

The Johnson Outdoors group went on a buying binge back in 2004 - 2008, they bought up many companies along a wide range of outdoor interests in the outdoor sporting products world. Bottomline was one of them. I think they acquired them in 2005?

When they acquired Bottomline they also acquired all the patents they held, and yes that is the precursor for the modern side imagery Humminbird is running today. It was a very wise acquisition on there part.

So if you want to see what a Bottomline sonar unit is today, look to the Humminbird line for it's best match.

The Johnson Outdoors group went on a buying binge back in 2004 - 2008, they bought up many companies along a wide range of outdoor interests in the outdoor sporting products world. Bottomline was one of them. I think they acquired them in 2005?

When they acquired Bottomline they also acquired all the patents they held, and yes that is the precursor for the modern side imagery Humminbird is running today. It was a very wise acquisition on there part.

So if you want to see what a Bottomline sonar unit is today, look to the Humminbird line for it's best match.

I disagree on the SI comment. From what I understand, the technology in the Bottomline units isn't related to the new SI products.

I dont think he was saying that. I was the one that inferred that question. Though one can come to the conclusion when a company buys another company they integrate that technology or concept into their own.

Either way we the public benefit from the technology how ever it came to be. I am very appreciative Johnson outdoors took the steps they did in order to offer the stuff they do even though I own a differant brand.

The last time I saw then was at "BIG JIMS" bait in ANNANDALE. This was

last spring so they may be all gone by now. Good luck, hope you find one........

The last time I saw then was at "BIG JIMS" bait in ANNANDALE. This was

last spring so they may be all gone by now. Good luck, hope you find one........

It's Little Jims.. and who knows they have alot of stuff that gets stored away ,, i would give them a call

I had a BL 211f or someting like that back in about '88. It was the cats meow back then, about the best you could get anywhere. I used it as backup or on my old pontoon right up until about 2 years ago. I had to solder a power wire back on years ago, but it kept on ticking. Good unit.

We also had a Tournament Champion HR with side finder, sidefinder had two tranducers on each side of boat, in addition to the main xducer. This was just an idea that was ahead of its time. The unit died early, and we were not happy with this one. This was also about the best when we got it...

Since then, we buy older (2 year old..?...) technology that is much cheaper, but usually works pretty well as bugs have been worked out and software is updated to fix things.

So we were batting 500 on BL products smile