• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Stolen Fish House - But A Happy Ending

Just thought I'd relate a little story my buddy told me this past weekend.

He went over to his neighbors house last week to get a fishing report and the guy tells him that someone stole his portable (and all the equipment in it) right out of his fenced-in back yard. This is in a small town, where things in your back yard are usually safe and secure.

They got into my buddy's truck and drove around town, looking into all the trucks, yards etc., but didn't see anything. All is lost, or so they thought.

My buddy went for a snowmobile ride that afternoon, going fairly deep into the woods, crossing lakes etc. Going across a lake, he notices a portable in the distance, and decides to stop and see how the fishing was going. He comes up on these kids, looks over the house and all the equipment and says to himself "That's xxxx's stuff."

He rides out and calls the sheriff. They come out, nab the guys and haul them off to jail. My buddy's friend gets all his stuff back and feels very fortunate.

Morale of the story...Sometimes no matter how hopeless it may seem, luck may be on your side and you do get your stuff back.

Awesome story. Glad to hear justice was served. I can only imagine what the kids were thinking when they saw the sheriff on his way out. LOL. Not too many places to hide in a small community.

Here's what I would do if I were to be the judge. "You boys like to ice fish in comfort, huh?

"OK, your sentence is to stand out on the lake in the very same spot you were caught dressed in jeans and shirt alone on a day when temps are forecasted to be 0 to 10 above with winds no less then 20 MPH until the tips of your ears, fingers and toes begin to turn black.

No, Paul, here's a better one. They have to stand on the side of main street of their home town for two days from 7am to 5pm. Around their necks they must wear a large sign that says," MY PARENTS RAISED ME TO BE A THIEF." You can bet both they and their parents would get the message that crime doesn't pay.

Dumb criminalsfor sure! Who would rip off a house and then go fish out of it on a open lake? DUMB. They deserve all the law can toss at them. Maybe clean this guys fish for a year.

No, Paul, here's a better one. They have to stand on the side of main street of their home town for two days from 7am to 5pm. Around their necks they must wear a large sign that says," MY PARENTS RAISED ME TO BE A THIEF." You can bet both they and their parents would get the message that crime doesn't pay.

You cant always blame the parents. When I was still in school I knew some guys that were total dirtbags, but their parents were on the straight and narrow.