• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St. Louis River Fishing Reports

So how did it go Sherpa? I got blown off the lake and went home and napped.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Northlander

• Jarrid Houston

• Sherpa

• Jack Stasney

Never made it to the river. We went to WI and fished Minnesuing instead. It was nice and calm out there. Like glass by the time we left. No wallys but managed a few bass and some crappies.

Boy I'd like to be on the riv today instead of staining this deck of mine. Gonna try and make it out there tomorrow from 8-4. Should be good fishin I hope!

not sure about the cloquet launch Bowfin, but when we used to live in hermantown, we would venture to where the river goes under 53 and catch a bunch of little smallies using worms. I'm sure there are plenty of them by cloquet. I did catch a smallie and miss another one by the dam by the 23 bridge on Tuesday.

Plan on hitting some harbor action tomorrow with Sherpa. His been out fishing me the last few outings, so I have some ground to make up LOL! Sherpa I'll stop at Steves in the morning and get some juicy minners. I got a good feeling about tomorrow. Hopefully the wind is not as bad as they say it's gonna be, but I'll be ready for it. If you see the Black Lund Rebel with a couple of good fishermen, throw out a wave! Later dudes!

Maybe I will see ya out there. Lund Explorer with twin Yamaha 4 strokes and a big ugly guy driving.

Got the alarm set. I'll be up early and hopefully at Loonsfoot by 8. Sucks that I have to be done at noon but hopefully we can get some good fishing in before that. Maybe we will see you out there Northlander.

Sherpa I hit the lake this morning. Got 3 nice eyes. Was back at the landing about noonish but didnt see you guys so split to run some honey do stuff.

Another day that could of been better on the river. Got out with Sherpa at 8 and fished from 8-12. Then dropped off Sherpa back at the access and headed back out til now. Caught a few, or I should say Sherpa caught a few rock bass, a crappie and a perch. Ended up throwing the baitcaster tha last hour, and did roll a nice northern, but did not catch him. I bet he was close to 30" though. Highlight of the day was dropping Sherpa off at the dock and the dog mis judging the jump as the boat was still in motion. He went right into the drink, and when he bobbed back up I grabbed him and pulled him back on the dock. Good thing I have a dog that does not mind swimming. The only long haired doxin in the world that thinks he's an otter. He's a good dog. Hitting Nebagemon tomorrow!

Me too we must have just missed eachother. Was that you fishing on the other side of the old dock they are taking down just before noon?

Yes it was. We were bored trying to get eyes, so we went to the weed edge in that bay and caught a few rock bass, crappie, and perch. Almost caught a nice probably close to 30" northern over there too! Hey I'm gonna launch ya an email about getting together for an outing! Sherpa and I were talking about it today.

Anyone try for smallies out of the Cloquet launch lately?

Today I launched off at cloquet and could 4 smallies and a buddy caught a small 'eye. Anyone ever try to got to the left of the big island down river?

Sorry I meant up river and for some reason the Edit button isn't showing up. blush

If you are refering to the long island that splits the river, yes. I caught some smallies there before.

Decided to spend part of my birthday on the river today. I figured maybe I would get a 30" walleye for my 30th birthday. I didn't get a 30"er but we did catch a couple eater sized and a couple dinky wallys. We also caught some crappies and a couple rock bass. The highlight of the day was landing a musky on a jig with 6lb mono. Didn't measure, but it was probably just under 30". It was only my 5th musky ever so It was pretty fun for me to catch. It was a really nice day out there today. Couldn't think of a better way to spend my birthday.

By the way all the fish are still swimming. The musky took a minute or two to revive in the warm water (almost 78) but swam away successfully on his own. Those guys can be fragile. Got to be easy on them.

helpwelcomed- we've had some success back, way back, in kimballs bay.my buddy pulled out a real fat hogger wally & we saw some muskies goin nuts but couldnt get em.real pretty & quiet back there, we saw one other boat.just be careful on way back as there is a super-duper shallow sand bar/point on left hand side of mouth of bay.pretty deep most all the way back.and perhaps you should drive?.good luck

Windy out there today! Fished with Jarrid and his brothers from 9-12 this morning. Lots of crappies and rock bass. I also got one small walleye and a pretty fat 18"er too. Water temps are way down from last Wednesday. They were high 70's then and are down to 64 or so today. We also lost what was probably a pike or a musky.

Sherpa Sherpa Sherpa, way to make me look bad once again, this time in front of company,,,LOL- out fished again.... Had an awesome morning though, it was a lot of fun. Thanks again for the sandwiches..ttyl

Cold out there today. Trolled for musky and got a 35 1/2" pike in the harbor. Water temps are down to 57-58 degrees.

Jkahler I must have seen ya a few times? What were ya driving? I was in the black Lund with twin Yammys. Some crappies, rockies, walleye and 1 big pike for me. Nothing concentrated thats for sure.

Ya it was cold runnin or when them clouds and wind came in. Of course the sun is out now. frown

My good friend Dave was able to land a 45" on Sunday trolling. He was running one stick bait and also a dub cow lady. Musk hit the cow girl! Jumped like 4 feet out of the water too. He said it was an awesome fight! Musky tourney on the river this coming weekend watch out for bait chuckers trying to land big missle muskies!

Oh cool! I bet they wont like me fishing eyes in some of their favorite areas. wink

Oh cool! I bet they wont like me fishing eyes in some of their favorite areas. wink

You could net yourself a coupla Cowgirls and make Believers out of those musky guys. grinwink

Jkahler I must have seen ya a few times? What were ya driving? I was in the black Lund with twin Yammys. Some crappies, rockies, walleye and 1 big pike for me. Nothing concentrated thats for sure.

Ya it was cold runnin or when them clouds and wind came in. Of course the sun is out now. frown

Blue Lund Explorer (93 model). I was out a lot last week and did really well.

We saw a share of Musky guys on the river yesterday... We had the Let's Go Fishing pontoon out for two trips. They thought it was kind of neat watching the guys pitching those large baits for Musky.

Tom I saw your ugly mug on channel 10 last night in the pontoon. Think you have a big enough life vest? That thing would float the boat. wink

Not sure what was on channel ten last night. I never saw anyone filming us from anywhere. I didn't see the news last night or this morning. What was the story about? I guess a guy has to behave and look the best on the river you never know what might show up on the news.