• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Sylvia-Twin Fishing Reports

Hope to hook up with you and yer fishing partner this weekend got some GOOD info you might like ! Iv been trying to get ahold of him but his cell# i have doesnt work anymore !!!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bassNspear

• noodlerod

• nik

• Gadgetman

Top Posters In This Topic

I went out to Sylvia 4 times last week. In almost 30 hours of fishing, I managed 3 eyes and 1 crappie. Pretty slow out there.

PUT IN MORE TIME

lots of water on ice as much as 15" in places except where holes were open and very very slick wear your cleets ! better yet stay home or go somewhere else cuz there is no bite !!!!! frown

Hey Noodle - 15" of water on the ice? [Edited, Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank You.] I havent been out since we saw you on Saturday. Weather isnt really inviting and work is getting in the way. Maybe see you on Sunday

Forgot to ask, did you drive on? I would imagine that the landings are getting pretty ugly. Dew seems to think that we will be able to drive out this wknd

Yes, 15" of water plus in places. I had to put my feet up on the seat of my wheeler to keep from getting wet. The worst place was just west of Bulls island. The water was halfway up to the seat. I think Dew is right, if you can get on this wknd, it should be good to drive.

Was thinking about trying Sylvia today with my broinlaw who fell in the lake wednesday. Can anybody give a recent report of the standing water on the Ice?

• 1 month later...

wondering if anyone has been out, or maybe thinking of hitting it for the opener?

Haven't been out there but considered going out for opener but not sure after I only recorded 53 degrees on Sugar last weekend. With all this rain I might hit a smaller warmer lake for pike and panfish.

Nate

• 2 weeks later...

Was out on the East lake on Saturday. Too windy to try much of anything out in the middle. Stuck to the South and SE side of the lake and tried for pannies. Lots of sunnies and crappies in shallow along with a ton of smaller bass. Didn't see many bigger bass in shallow, but managed to pull some nice sunnies and a few crappies. Water temp was 61-63.

61-63 its coming up faster then i thought!

Cant wait to have the holiday off and get to the cabin to relax

I had about 67 on average yesterday. Got some smaller bass but nothing too big. Talk about a zoo at the access they were lined up to the road when leaving the lake! I like how the DNR informs all of the morning fishermen about invasive species but leaves by noon when all the rec boats arrive frown

I know the DNR access people have been hitting most every public ramp in Wright Co. spend 3-4 hrs or so at the ramp. I talked with one gal that had been at Pulaski(3hrs), buffalo(3hrs), and deer lake(2+).

• 1 month later...

Anyone been out fishing sylvia? I would like to give it a try for some panfish

I haven't been fishing on the lake, but have been doing some scuba diving. If you are looking for panfish, go straight across from the landing in the bay to the southeast of the island. On the west side of the bay, we were surrounded by many, many sunfish, crappie and the occasional pike and walleye. They were hanging right at the edge of the weed like suspended. Lot of nice sized crappie and gills.

I don't know if this helps or not.

true, there is a ton of them out there, but the eyes seem to always be really tough to catch out there

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Kettle
      Best weed eater I've ever run with great longevity is Echo, I'd check them out
    • Dash 1
      Hey government,  Just give us choices. I don’t care what people use as long as as it works for you. I’m needing a new weed eater. Plan on a Stihl FS 40 easy start. I’m done with the cheaper brands. Just don’t last long enough.  Probably true with the Stormy Daniels of the world as well. Cheaper don’t last long enough 🤭
    • SkunkedAgain
      If you turn on a movie they survive the 20min ride just fine. After many controlled experiments, I've found that they survive much better if you show "Finding Nemo" instead of "Jaws."
    • PSU
      I have never had a challenge mbeyer
    • mbeyer
      what does the ride from Virginia to the lake do to the bait.....survive OK?
    • Mike89
      you make it so fun!!!!    😁
    • CigarGuy
      Quick update: Lucky 7 now has rainbows, fatheads, crappie and light pike in stock. If I remember correctly, scoop of rainbows was $8.99.  Stopped at L&M in Virginia. Rainbows $6.99, fatheads and crappie minnows (scoop) $3.99. I was billed $6.99 dozen for rainbows, but was given a healthy scoop!
    • smurfy
      🤣 you da friggin grammar police!🤔😒🤣
    • leech~~
      I have had the same old Strikemaster augers for years, take care of them and they will last a long time.   I think E-augers are nice for around home lakes or at the cabin. The thing that was a eye opener to me was being in D-Rock in New Brighton getting new blades and there were two guys that just got back from a week in Canada on a big ice fishing trip and both very pissed off at their e-augers dying! They were both buying new gas augers.  
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   Things are shaping up nicely for the MN Fishing Opener which takes place Saturday, May 11th.  Recent rain has brought up the water levels, which were low.  The walleyes and saugers are in very good shape across the south shore.  Expectations are high. The goto presentation this weekend will be a jig and frozen emerald shiner or other kind of minnow.  Emerald shiners are a staple in LOW and walleyes love them.     Hook the shiner through the mouth and out the gill.  Push the minnow all the way up to the jig head and hook the minnow as far back as possible.  This will give you a better hooking percentage.     Jig sizes and colors?  This is stained water so you can get away with a big heavier jig, which is nice for those who don't fish a lot.  It enables them to have more control and feel the bottom.  A quarter ounce jig is a good size for starters.     In stained water, gold, glow white, glow red, pink, orange and chartreuse, or a combo of those colors, are great places to start.   The limit of walleyes and saugers is a combined limit of six fish, up to four of the six can be walleyes.  All walleyes between 19.5 - 28.0 inches must be released.  One fish over 28.0 inches can be kept.  The possession limit in MN is one daily limit of fish. Whether intentionally or unintentionally, there will be some good pike caught this weekend.  The pike season on LOW is open year round. The limit is 3 pike per day with one fish allowed more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. On the Rainy River...  Sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River has been excellent.  The catch and release season is May 8 - 15.  The keep season starts up again July 1st. FYI, there will be some nice walleyes in the Rainy River for the fishing opener.  Lots of sturgeon anglers are reporting big walleyes being caught on sturgeon rigs! Up at the NW Angle...  Angle resorts are ready to roll for the opener.  As many of you know, this is the area of LOW where the islands begin.  Lots of structure.     Go to spots for walleyes, neck down areas, shoreline breaks, points and bays which will have warmer water.  In true NW Angle form, be ready for a mixed bag of fish.  In addition to walleyes and saugers, pike, jumbo perch, crappies, and even a few smallies and muskies will be caught.   Again, the goto presentation will be a jig and minnow. Slow trolling a crankbait will also produce fish if need be.    

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.