• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Sylvia-Twin Fishing Reports

I think that the long and the short of it is that we need to take as many small pike out of the lake as possible...take them home and feed them to your cat if you dont want to clean them... or give them to your mother in law. There is just plain too many of the dang things.

As for the crappie I too have seen way too many people take way to many fish home day after day. I live in one of the bays that gets hammered in the spring and WILL keep a closer eye on it as I am tired of seeing the same people in there day after day cleaning the place out. I only wish I would have done something about it ten years ago when it might have made a difference. It will take a long time to get it back to where it was 17 years ago when we built our house. I now have the local CO's phone number on my speed dial and will not hesitate to call him. HOpe I dont [PoorWordUsage] anybody off....oh well smile

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bassNspear

• noodlerod

• nik

• Gadgetman

Top Posters In This Topic

Your a good egg wareagle !!!! I dont have alot of faith in the MN DNR lately (last few years) and I DO NOT CARE FOR YOUR SUPERVISIOR !!! But you and the local CO have my trust and of course the late JIM SMITH , rest his soul . keep up the good work !!!

I think the best thing to do about the Crappies is to keep an eye out for those guys that sit on the beds all spring. Even if the limit was 5, you know these guys will be back with a boat full of buddies day after day. Besides all these talks on the regulations, how has the fishing been out there lately? I have a full week of work off next week and plan on putting some time in on this wonderful lake.

Noodlerod,

Thanks for your vote of confidence. I will continue to do my best to give people the facts the best I know.

War Eagle!!!

Nik it's been hit and miss this season on Sylvia overall pretty poor , But if your looking for peace and relaxation with the ocasional bite get out there and enjoy .

Hey Gadget I just got a new high power spotting scope for X-mas I'd love to try out !!! If I bring the beer and brats can I come over and help watch this spring ? I'm sure you and your fishing partner and I would make it a good time !!! LOL

Hey Noodle, your on. It might be entertaining to watch him hit golf balls at people out in the bay,Ha! I've been looking at getting a spotting scope as well, mostly to check out the sun bathers... :o) everybody seems to forget that people actually live in the houses on the shore, which can be very interesting at times and very annoying at other times.

Hey Gadget I just got a new high power spotting scope for X-mas I'd love to try out !!! If I bring the beer and brats can I come over and help watch this spring ? I'm sure you and your fishing partner and I would make it a good time !!! LOL

beer and brats, sounds a bit out of control ha ha smile

Some ice cold Budwieser , wild rice or jalepino cherry brats from PETTY BROS and a 5 gal pail of golf balls to tee off at the peaple who come back for thier limit more than once a day or every day . LOL sounds like a blast . I WILL BE IN TOUCH GADGET , tell D to get his 3 iron ready LOL

BNS you sould stop by this spring if you wanna see out of control !!! LOL smirk

Too funny! When we were kids, we use to joke about shooting potatos out of a potato gun at people that like to rip threw the channel at 30 mph.

Some ice cold Budwieser , wild rice or jalepino cherry brats from PETTY BROS and a 5 gal pail of golf balls to tee off at the peaple who come back for thier limit more than once a day or every day . LOL sounds like a blast . I WILL BE IN TOUCH GADGET , tell D to get his 3 iron ready LOL

BNS you sould stop by this spring if you wanna see out of control !!! LOL smirk

im game, let me know when and where!!

The D likes to use a driver to keep the people a little more at bay from my home stead...that will pretty much eliminate about half of the bay : )

I havent been out since MOnday but our mutual friend has been out pretty much every day and it has been very slow. One or two fish per outing. they are down there they just wont bite

Cant wait to see you two and make plans !!!! cool

me too. Should be a good time. maybe we can meet out on the water!

Hallo fruende. Ole' Ben fished East Sylvia yesterday, notta dang thing going out there either. Is it really time to switch over to Clearwater???

Hey Benny , welcome to FM you will find some interesting and helpfull things on here ? It's the coolest web site ever ! There are alot of very Inteligent and Fishing knowlegable friends on board to help you solve problems and point you in the right direction !!! Just keep putting your time in on Sylvia it will pay off (you have to oblidge the gods) !!!!

MEET YA WHERE YOUR AUGAR DRILLS wink

Thank you gentleman! Noodle, that's what I hear, so that's why I joined! Gosh I am just so thankful right now to find this site!

Oh, BTW, the auger drills all of Wright Country tonight!

Heard about it form a buddy. Was also sick of gettin skunked, I went and searched google for some minnesota fishing reports. Fishin' Minnesota was right there near the top!

Hey gadget , you and yer partner gonna be out this weekend ? I've been checking out other lakes all week to no avail , so I'm gonna try Sylvia once again this weekend !!!!

We launched water balloons at people on an area lake and apparently they didn't appreciate it and we had a visit from the police about a half hour later. Good luck and don't hit the guy in the 14' lund with the 15hp merc catching and releasing.

Noodlerod, I have been up on Lake of the Woods so havent been able to check my email. Sounds like I didnt miss much in my absence...heading up to Wisconsin for a little work and will be back for the wknd. Hope it picks up by then!

I went out to Sylvia 4 times last week. In almost 30 hours of fishing, I managed 3 eyes and 1 crappie. Pretty slow out there.