• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cool Cats 2010 - Sat. March 6, 2010 - Starts 8 am

JoshTrutwin.

Hang around the cleaning table when the fish are cleaned and I am sure many would be more than happy to show you how.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Borch

• harvey lee

• DTro

• Brad B

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there also - me plus one more. Haven't been up to the chain in a couple of years. Should be a good time!

I'm hopeing to drive my toyota flat bed it makes a great cleaning table as well. but I think its got a cracked head and my chev the 4wd is out so I will see which is more sound tonight. see ya tommarow guys

Don't worry about the fish cleaning table Elwood. I have a 2'x4' cleaning board that will fit on a tailgate.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Been busy getting things together for tomorrow. See you all out there.

I will have me and 2 others. See you all in the am. I am planning on being there about 930

Just got the green light from the wife. Hope to catch my first icecat.

I'll also bring 5 gals of water for clean up and probally a pot to heat some water up in. and some rags

whew, it's early, but you know what they say about the early bird.

I'll try to have a few "worms" on the ice for the fry. See ya all up there.

It was nice to meet everyone. you all were right about bob's beans. they are worth the trip alone and they do catch up with you later but it is worth it. you could make a meal of them alone. I will be there next year for sure. it was a fun time.

Borch & DTro how was the fishing after most of the people left. I left at around 2:30 but was just curious if things picked up as it started to get dark.

Thanks Borch for putting this event on.

Bob, the beans were great and thanks to all who brought food.

How about those deep fried chicken livers? Who needs to catch channels when one can eat their food.

Dtro, you missed out on some great appetizers.

Good to see so many there and it was nice meeting many that I have not in the past.

great seeing everyone again and meeting new HSO members. I also missed out on those appitizers but the cherry peppers were enough and they were hotter coming out that going in wink

lots of good laughs and clean fun was had by all. thanks Borch and yes those beans are to die for or at least it smelt that way on the way home.

Borch Joey wants the recipe for your dip he said it was awsome.

Thank you guys my group had fun. It was definately liver...........3 trips to the chain and still not a catfish. I don't think I'd mind if my brother haven't have gotten one jk. It was a great time. You guys are right the beans weren't bad. What I want to know was what was the fish dripped in?

Thank you guys my group had fun. It was definately liver...........3 trips to the chain and still not a catfish. I don't think I'd mind if my brother haven't have gotten one jk. It was a great time. You guys are right the beans weren't bad. What I want to know was what was the fish dripped in?

That's my personal beer batter recipe. It you search cooking forum for beer batter I think it's posted in there a few times.

I had a great time and was nice putting a face to the name. Thanks to

all for the great effort.

Well I have made it back home. And now looking all of the messages that I submitted from Friday and Saturday didn't post. DiDn't have a problem last year. Oh well. Borch, Dtro, Bob and everyone else, thanks for proving why this get together has been going on for the past 8 yrs.

Dtro- you should have opted to stay. 6:15-7 the cats were going, got 25 in total largest was 25". Ended up bringing home a 21", 2-23" and the 25". The school then left for about 20min and but came back, so it seemed, I was getting bites but no sets. Then finally I got one. Pull it up 11" crappie. Switched to smaller minnows and pulled in another. By that time the school had moved on.

Hopefully the chain doesn't melt too much this week, so I can take my boys out.

I figured they would turn on. Thanks for the report.

Did you stay in that same spot?

I was working holes I had between 10ft and 40ft north from where I was set-up. I was bumping from hole to hole and was able to follow them. I have never had them bite that fast and that light. I was only able to detect bites with the pole I had a spring bobber on and most time they were lifting the bait.

Good to hear you got into them! I was wondering if those that stayed late, after the noise went down, if the bite would pick up.

I was going to stay but didn't as I thought it would be dead.

Shows what I know.

great you got into some fish.

• 3 weeks later...

My first time fishing cats.

One bite right away and nothing the rest of the day...the FISHING was fantastic guys. I will be there again next year and bring my son-in-law. Maybe the catching will be better for me next year.

Watched others catch, and thank you to all the "catchers" for sharing. The catfish for lunch was great, as was the rest of the pot luck. I thank you all for a wonderful introduction to kitty fishing.

With such a light bite, how in the world do you fish for them (or detect a bite) in the summer with a boat and waves under your bobber? Tips for summer fishing are welcomed.

Great group of guys. Wonderful gathering. I will see you again next year, for sure!

in His service

the FishLocker

They are much more aggressive in the summer months. All you have to do is find them.

Defintaly more agressive in the summer like you could lose fishing rods agressive. finding them is not as bad as you would think but there is a catch to it. you have to ask the locals where they are. they wil;l tell you cause they dont like them wink

More than happy to take those kitties off their hands. They are so tasty!

I travel to Wilmar on weekends during the summer. Any good catfish lakes closer to Wilmar that you know of?

Also, does IcehouseBob give out his recipe for beans?

Thank you for the warm welcome...

The FishLocker

FishLocker,

Don't quote me on it but I though there was a different thread on the forum here that someone said they hooked into cats in green lake by spicer(not many but good size). The lake map book I have doesn't show any trace of there being catfish in the lake as does the dnr website but on my state map it show that the crow river flows into it and this is where the cats would be coming from if they are there. Another lake to check would be koronis by paynesville it also has the crow river flowing into it but there again my lake map book does not list catfish. just keep looking and you may find something.