• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cool Cats 2010 - Sat. March 6, 2010 - Starts 8 am

Borch, So far, I have one kid and one friend coming plus me,,, total,6

Plus two gallons of beans and seven pounds of hot dogs and the trimmings. And a bunch of camp kitchen gear.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Borch

• harvey lee

• DTro

• Brad B

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to update everyone on the conditions out there.

The road out is in great shape and even small cars should have no issue getting out. Of course that is if we don't get any snow between now and Sat.

Probably 30" of ice.

The bite was slower last night after the sun went down. We ended up with an even dozen, but I heard of a good daytime bite with over 40 fish caught by a few guys during mid-afternoon!

As of now I plan on being out there, so make it 11.

count me in. So 13 now. sick or not sick I will be there. I am just getting over a bad cold but plan to attend anyway. Does everyone like cookies. I was thinking dozen or two of chocalate chip, oatmeal rasin, and sugars.

Brad B

Been to the chain twice. Looking for kitties we caught a walleye, and some real nice crappies, not many but some. I hopeing to have fun and someone show me how to catch the cat. I'm bringing 2 brothers and 2 6 year olds. I guess we are up to 18.

i will be bringing potato chips and my home made clam dip (as usual) is anyone planning on being there before sunrise. i am planning on arriving about 6am. hope to have some kitties iced by sunrise. ... paul

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Can someone bring a couple trash cans and bags. We want to keep the ice as clean as it was when we got there, (Maybe cleaner).

Ill be there with a buddy mid to late morning hitting up another lake early on that makes two more.

Well I will be there, up to 25. Current plan is to get up to the cabin either late Thursday/early friday grab my gear and head out on Friday morning. Fish until night, then back as early as I can on Saturday morning.

Last year I was there but for a short time because of the person with me so I am going solo this time so there will be no complaining of any kind. I really want to catch one of these cats so I will be there for sure.

Guess the count is 26.

nytelyter - I am also planning on being there really early. Shoot me an email if you want to meet up at bruhjellt @ yahoo dot com

I will be there, but it will be closer to noon before I arrive, 2 for sure, maybe 3. So we will just call it 31.

Just so I dont have to read this entire topic, is there any thing I should bring? What time is chow time?

Originally Posted By: nytelyter
with the recent snow amounts. i am wondering about travel to the area from the winter landing. will we need wheelers with sleds or is it ok for trucks and 4wd.

Originally Posted By: harvey lee
I did see one front wheel drive van on the lake and he got there ok but he did have a few tough times at that.
Ha! That was me! The road out there is do-able with a 2WD mini van but I had to pull off the main road and drag the house the last 50 yards or so. The only trouble I had was digging out to go home. Somebody was nice enough to stop & lend a hand but I wasn't hung up too bad & would have gotten out on my own anyway.

In the words of Jeremiah Johnson (when asked if it was worth the trouble), "Hah? What trouble?"

Don't go out without a shovel, no matter what your ride is. And do the world a favor & pull off the main drag when you park (Wasn't there a thread about this? whistle )

Sorry that I won't make it to this one, guys. But it sure was fun getting out there at least once to see what the Meth hole was all about!

Surreal deal, that was me that helped give you a push, nice meeting you!

I was there this past weekend. our best bite was from 2pm when we got there until 5pm. Our house of 4 ended up with 50+ fish. We only got a few bites after 5, so hopefully that means the day bite will be good this weekend.

Here's a list of things that I'm looking for help with for the Cool Cats get together this weekend. If you can help out with any of these just post here so we know it's covered.

A couple of trash cans.

A fish fryer and propane tank,(extra). I'll bring oil and other stuff.

A few brave souls to bring fillet knives and cleaning boards.

I'll bring a couple tables, a fish fryer and a dish to pass for the potluck.

Thanks.

as far as dish to pass anything in particular, do bars or brownies work, what time is lunch.

I'm gonna make it out there early in the morning but will have to leave by about 9:30 or 10 cuz the wife has something going on and I gotta watch the baby. I'll probably be out there by 5 or 5:30 am to do some scouting for whoever comes after that.

Thanks Scott.

as far as dish to pass anything in particular, do bars or brownies work, what time is lunch.

We'll probably start cleaning fish around 10 or so and plan to eat noonish.

Hey Borch you want me to keep some of those cats if I get them early in the morn or just let em go. As I said I gotta leave by 9:30 or 10ish depending on when the wife wants me back home. Let me know.

Me and my neighbor typcially fish the river part of the chain in the summer time so we are intrigued by the ice fishing aspect. Our young sons have never got to come with during summer (since we fish in the dark) but they are psyched about coming out on Saturday. That makes 4 more (approaching or surpassing 40 now I think)!

Is there a baitshop in Rockville, Cold Spring or Richmond where a guy could get his hands on some minnows?

I am at about 50% for heading up there. I got to do a bit of unexpected auto repair to do so we will see if I can get it done during the week or not.

If I do make it up there I will bring my Dad with so that would be 2 more. We will bring some sort of desert if we do make it up there.

I think that makes the count a rough 42.

Borch I will filet, at least it won't be as cold as last year!

I will have 3 or 4 knives.

Yes keep cats, just in case.

Bait shops are all along the way, there are 3 in cold spring (right before you cross the river, and the 2 gas stations (SA and the one across the street) there also is one in Richmond at the gas station across from Richmond marine and RM also has bait if they are open. As I am heading up either Thurs or Fri, I will have a bunch. I will see if anyone has any spearing decoys for cut bait.