• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pheasant Pictures

mnhunter17

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Nice pic. Looks like you and your buddy had a fun hunt. smile

super cool that one on the right looks like a rooster i killed last year. we only got one that day but it was a supper long shot it was crossin the road and my bro hit the brakes and i jumped out and shot it in the ditch i was shooting #4n black cloud it was dead like a rock that stuff is wicked

we only got one that day but it was a supper long shot it was crossin the road and my bro hit the brakes and i jumped out and shot it in the ditch i was shooting #4n black cloud it was dead like a rock that stuff is wicked

grin

super cool that one on the right looks like a rooster i killed last year. we only got one that day but it was a supper long shot it was crossin the road and my bro hit the brakes and i jumped out and shot it in the ditch i was shooting #4n black cloud it was dead like a rock that stuff is wicked

Just curious I thought all roosters looked the same except size/age. But way to drop it in the ditch like a rock. wink

I think you must be sponsored by black cloud/federal b/c u mention it in all your posts.

huh? hard to miss when you're ground pounding... crazy

please listen to this...black cloud is not the only brand of ammo that kills birds. wink

back2dakota, you have bigger pics of the sharps and huns?

Musk Mil, I want to see a bigger pic of your avatar! Great colors!

Yeah, their colors are truly amazing...

010-2.jpg

My brother with a very cold weather rooster

December-06_1448.jpg

Here's Britt from 2005 at age 12, still working those western Minnesota ringnecks. Rest in peace old girl.

Brittwtworoosters.jpg

I think I posted this one earlier this season, but it is the best one I have for this fall, so.... Its worth another look....

GEDC0222-1.jpg

Muskellunge Mil,

I believe we may have the same gun.

Beretta AL 390 Silver Mallard?

Here's a few pics from last season before I moved up here. Colorado hunts:

Sedge-08-41-1.jpg

Our duck & goose hunt went south with the weather so I spent the day training the mutt looking for cockbirds and bobwhites.

pheasantlikeapeakock.jpg

Scouted a piece of public and kicked up 1.

cockbirds2-1.jpg

Skipped the rum and went back on New Years morning. Solo hunt limit in the 1st hr and a half of bushwhackin.

Might go out this week. Hopefully, will have pics to post of my 1st MN ditch chickens.

1ER

Muskellunge Mil,

I believe we may have the same gun.

Beretta AL 390 Silver Mallard?

Here's a few pics from last season before I moved up here. Colorado hunts:

Sedge-08-41-1.jpg

Our duck & goose hunt went south with the weather so I spent the day training the mutt looking for cockbirds and bobwhites.

Yup same gun. Great for those roosters, right?

Nice looking bobwhites-Thats one bird I haven't hunted but would love to get the dog onto someday.

Just got my puter out of the shop to post more SoDak offerings.

DSCN0508.jpg

DSCN0516.jpg

DSCN0509.jpg

DSCN0519.jpg

Big group on several pieces of private land. Don't think we ever got all of a days birds in one photo. Was somewhat tough going with the drifted snow.

Game Hog!

That's harsh Chub. You should know better than anyone that I share. Everyone has equal opportunity to scavenge my harvest out of the nearest ditch. wink

Merry Christmas everyone. Time for a week of bow hunting and then a New Years report from LOW.

Game Hog!

Chub, Thats pretty rude. Its ok for you to show a one person limit of three birds but if Bryce was hunting with 5-6 other guys, they're within their limits. This time of year, with the snow and spooky birds, I'm sure they earned every one of them. Congrats Bryce!

Merry Christmas everyone. Time for a week of bow hunting and then a New Years report from LOW.

I'm jealous!!! Good luck!! Let me know if you get out on Games or Norway, I'll stop by!!

I know Chub well. There is no attack in his comment just as there are no carcasses thrown in the ditch by me. There was way more than a 5-6 man limit. Just wasn't able to get all the birds together at the same time. No time for fishing this trip. Bow hunting only with maybe a couple mid-day pheasant walks.

Here's a pic from our north central SD trip two weekends ago. Lindy Rig and I again with two other guys. What was forecast to be a COLD trip (6* high with 15-25mpg winds every day) actually turned out to be some of the best weather a guy could ask for. Friday and Saturday turned out to be sunny and the temps warmed up to around 15-20* with very little wind. This is a picture from Friday when we limited out for 4 guys.....it was a great day of hunting and pushing cat tails.

Beau (buddies dog), Lindy's dog Star, and my dog Dex:

Picture008.jpg

Here is a pic from today (12/21) in West-Central MN. Chasing roosters in the snow with my brother and a buddy, one of the highlights was the first rooster ever for my friend! He made a great crossing shot on the bird, after my brother and I wiffed crazy Took the dog awhile to find it, but eventually the rooster came tearing out of a clump of weeds, running for its life, and she ran it down like a champ. Awesome day of hunting in the snow.

48.jpg

that looks like one fun day of mn pheasant hunting. how were the birds holding for ya in the snow? my friends and i are taking a buddy out to western mn to chase roosters for his bachelor party on wednesday. hopefully we will have some of the same luck? how far west were ya? we will be hunting in cottonwood county

I wasn't that far south and west...we were mainly in Mcleod and Meeker Counties. The roosters were very skittish, we really had to work to find birds that would get up in range for us. We shot well, and the roosters that did get up in range all went down. The snow is really helpful for tracking, especially since the last snowfall was only been 2 days ago, it's easy to see where they have been lately. Most of the birds were in cattails, or the thickest cover you could find. One came out of corn we were lucky enough to gain permission to hunt. We saw a total of 10 roosters, and probably 30 hens. Good luck!