• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

So how was everyones muzzy season opening wknd?

Realtor Boy

So how was everyones muzzy season opening wknd?

Hopefully your was better then mine! pretty slow for me...

I was hunting in the Hinkley area...

At 7:01 after hour in stand talked to a couple rabbit hunters and their dog.The owner thought i was done for the season.I waited until 8:00 and then left.I went duck hunting on sun.NO deer or ducks.Hopefuly next weekend.Good luck everyone.

My game cams were showing nothing but nocturnal movement so I decided to get after them and hit some bedding areas. Jumped a spike and a doe in separate areas, I could have shot both but I was looking for a rack so I congratulated them on making it through the rifle season and I was on to the next patch of thick cover. We could use some snow that is for sure.

Slow. Opening morning I spent in the outhouse with food poisoning. Hunted a 120 Acre plot of public land. Gets some pressure from Rifle season and bird hunters. Deer seem to be hangning around in the swamps and cattails this time of year. Hard to push them out and see them with only a couple people in your hunting party. Movement also seems to be pretty much nocturnal.

muzzy season around here was absolutely spectacular...for the deer! the only person in our party that saw a thing was my fiance', and she missed once in the morning, and once on evening sit. needless to say, she gets treated like the rest of the party with A LOT of heckeling. there was a lot of "you were the only one of us to see anything and ya missed" going around.

needless to say, she didnt care about the heckeling, as she THINKS she is the best hunter of the party because she saw deer!!!

Saw nothing Saturday morning and evening. Tried pushing some deer around Sunday night-got two bucks a couple does moving but didn't quite get into range of my buddy. Hoping the cold snap mid week here gets them moving. I was on a major deer trail on Saturday and nothing was moving?

Saw nothing Saturday morning except a bunch of turkey's, those things are so annoying when you're trying to deer hunt, I can't stand them.

Saw nothing again Saturday night until I was in the pickup half a mile from the woods and there was the big 10 I'd been chasing since September sitting right there in the ditch. I swore I saw him smile and start laughing as he trotted back towards the corn.

Sunday morning I bumped two on the walk to the stand an hour before shooting time and then decided to stay home and watch the Vikes Sunday evening. Hopefully we can get some snow later this week, can't tell what's going on out there right now.

Hopefully this cold snap that is suppose to come later on this week will get them to start moving, otherwise im heading towards the thickest cover I can find...

I have about the same report. Sat sat morning tell10:30 nite 2 , to 5:00 same sunday didnt go out Monday am but out by 2:30 , Not one deer...

My cousin hunted near Grand Rapid Saturday and Sunday and didn't see a single deer. He was able to connect on a big doe yesterday afternoon - the first deer he saw.

I haven't been out yet, hoping to go this weekend when cold snap moves in.

Went out this morning and didn't see anything, which is weird cause i usually always see atleast a few does. They seem to be only moving at night. i blame it on the full moon, will try again next week i guess when the moon aint so bright.

was out last night until half hour after sunset and didnt see a thing then as I start to climb down the tree something went crshing thru the brush not sure but I dont think it was a squirrel grin hopefully this weekend it happens

Saw 20+ deer on opener. Got a 9 pointer about 10:30am. Nice mature buck. Passed on numerous smaller deer. Sunday was a little slower.

IMG_0225.jpg

I had to go down to Hugo to get this one because there is no deer up here! Shot this guy the first 10 min. of the hunt. I think he was fighting all night his neck was all wet and his brow tines were all chipped and he had three teeth missing and still bleeding. 3/4 of his right antler was broken off earlier in the year.

ahhh, tonite! cold cold cold!!! and it will only get colder. i guess novembers mild temps spoiled us for sittin in a tree!

ahhh, tonite! cold cold cold!!! and it will only get colder. i guess novembers mild temps spoiled us for sittin in a tree!

Thats the 100% truth. I dont know how I ever lasted a whole deer season when it was colder than the current temps now! Guess theres advantages to this (global warming doesnt exist, right?) streak of warm deer seasons.......

I took the day off tomorrow to sit. I hope the colder temps and light snow will get them moving! It has been a slow year it will have to pick up sometime!

Went out again tonight and sat about 300 yards from an uncut cornfield in a funnel and seen ZILCH.. thought for sure this cold wheather woulda got em going....

They aer moving, but either really late with the full moon and or they are staying in the corn. The last week I have hunted a corn field. They come out of that to go to the bean stubble and beet field.

Deer in our area are in the corn. We pushed some woods and saw few deer, like 2-5 per woods, which is terrible in our area. But i sit and watch corn and see 10 coming out of it. With the fresh snow I only see tracks around corn fields, or going to them.

I don't believe we have the numbers of deer and we have had, but the best areas of numbers are in the corn fields.