• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Peterson fumbles.. AGAIN

Big A

I wouldn't think that him realizing to cover up the ball when being draped on by 3 guys would ruin how great he is.......it would only make him that much better and complete of a player, i think anyways!! But we are all entitled to our opinions!

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gr8icefishinmind

• Big Dave2

• croixflats

• james_walleye

Kind of like the work he has put in to being a better receiver.......it just makes him that much more of a threat throughout the game!!

I do believe the reason he has 3 guys draped on him is because he is fighting for extra yardage and it takes 3 guys to get him down. I guess maybe you should suggest the guy just go down easier. Then maybe he could more like your average NFL back. No one complains when he breaks out of those jams and makes a 2 yard gain an 8 yard gain and a first down

All-Time Great Running Backs Fumbles - First Three Seasons

Jim Brown - 14 (36 gms)

OJ Simpson - 17 (35 gms)

Emmitt Smith - 19 (47 gms)

Walter Payton - 30 (35 gms)

Eric Dickerson - 37 (44 gms)

Tony Dorsett - 28 (44 gms)

Franco Harris - 24 (38 gms)

Marcus Allen - 27 (41 gms)

ADRIAN PETERSON - 19 (41 gms)

Yeah, you guys are right. He'll never be any good! grin

I do believe the reason he has 3 guys draped on him is because he is fighting for extra yardage and it takes 3 guys to get him down. I guess maybe you should suggest the guy just go down easier. Then maybe he could more like your average NFL back. No one complains when he breaks out of those jams and makes a 2 yard gain an 8 yard gain and a first down

I believe the same thing......he should fight for more yards, but PROTECT THE FOOTBALL!!!

Jim Brown - 14 (36 gms)

OJ Simpson - 17 (35 gms)

Looks like a bunch of guys in which you need 3 defenders to get them on the ground. I guess they should have all just went down easier and not fought so hard.

Jim Brown - 14 (36 gms)

OJ Simpson - 17 (35 gms)

Great......big deal......think of how much better he would look compared to them if he had half the fumbles!!

Originally Posted By: Big Dave2

Jim Brown - 14 (36 gms)

OJ Simpson - 17 (35 gms)

Looks like a bunch of guys in which you need 3 defenders to get them on the ground. I guess they should have all just went down easier and not fought so hard.

That would be pretty dumb to do......you two are taking this wayyyyyy out of context!!

anyways.........there is a good football game on right now, i'm done with this discussion!!

Its a list of the most physical, punishing runners you will find. You think its coincidence they all were fumblers???? If it takes 3 guys to get you down your going to fumble more than the average back. Unfortunately you fumble, but the style is what makes them great as well. This isnt rocket science.

You are right, its not!! Cover up the football and you will have less fumbles no matter how many guys are taking you down or how hard you are running!! IF he starts to cover up the ball and still has the same problem, then i will eat my words, but until then i would really like to see him cover it up!

Maybe he is afraid of tucking the ball in and protecting the ball. Maybe he thnks he will keep making left turns if he does. Its a no brainer COVER THE BALL in conjested areas. The way he is going now he will be rememered as the guy that could have been great.

The guy seems to be a great guy and all but the luv fest aint doing him no favors. I would take Robert Smith over AP right now.

1st 3 years as starting RB:

Robert Smith:

Fumbles 3

TDs 14

Rec TDs 1

Yards 2590

Adrian Peterson:

Fumbles 19

TDs 34

Rec TDs 1

Yards 4185

Still want Robert Smith?

It's a good thing we "should" have home field advantage in the play offs. That way we wont encounter cold weather and futher hinder his problem. grin

its something the other team coaches strip the ball no matter whos running it,they watch enough film to help them exploet everyone weeknesses its about the only way they can throw him off , after something like that happens though look out, cause it sure seems to motivate him even more!

Originally Posted By: Big Dave2

Jim Brown - 14 (36 gms)

OJ Simpson - 17 (35 gms)

Great......big deal......think of how much better he would look compared to them if he had half the fumbles!!

What this list means is that AP does not fumble as much as you think he does. Any RB that carries the ball as much as AP does is going to have a few fumbles, they can't all be avoided.

Originally Posted By: croixflats
Maybe he is afraid of tucking the ball in and protecting the ball. Maybe he thnks he will keep making left turns if he does. Its a no brainer COVER THE BALL in conjested areas. The way he is going now he will be rememered as the guy that could have been great.

The guy seems to be a great guy and all but the luv fest aint doing him no favors. I would take Robert Smith over AP right now.

1st 3 years as starting RB:

Robert Smith:

Fumbles 15

TDs 14

Rec TDs 1

Yards 2590

Adrian Peterson:

Fumbles 19

TDs 34

Rec TDs 1

Yards 4185

Still want Robert Smith?

Yep! just curious where did you get your facts, not saying your wrong but 3 one being NFL.com, scources I found only 9 fumbles in his career. With a 4.7 yrd avg

you guys are wasting your time debating with the 4th stooge...i was wonderin where he went!!

he's a junkson fan cut him some slack!!

You are right, I was looking at the wrong column. I will change it.

BTW, I would still take the 34 TDs vs the 14 TDs.

Comparing there first 3 years really is not accurate as I believe Smith was out a couple partial seasons do to injuries. I am not disputing AP's talent just saying right now Robert Smith at the top of his game would do better for us at this point of the season and what is at stake. If memory serves me correct the last 4 years of his career we had some ball hog called Randy Moss at the beginning of his career and another not so bad reciever by the name of Chris Carter. Kind of taking the oppertunity of a RB to make TD's. AP did not have that challenge against him untill this year.

I only would like to see AP protect the ball more. He knows that and he will go long stretches without a fumble but I think he just needs to be reminded to be a bit more concious of protecting the ball from time to time. I believe he has outstanding character and I feel for him when a mistake happens, as he takes it prety hard.

Comparing there first 3 years really is not accurate as I believe Smith was out a couple partial seasons do to injuries. I am not disputing AP's talent just saying right now Robert Smith at the top of his game would do better for us at this point of the season and what is at stake. If memory serves me correct the last 4 years of his career we had some ball hog called Randy Moss at the beginning of his career and another not so bad reciever by the name of Chris Carter. Kind of taking the oppertunity of a RB to make TD's. AP did not have that challenge against him untill this year.

Come on!!!!! Listen to yourself!!!!!

Being injured is an excuse? Who would you rather have? AP or an injured guy sitting on the bench?

Those ball hog recievers that you refer to were the reason for most of Robert Smith's success. That awesome passing game that the Vikes had opened up the running game and with the Vikes usually getting up early in games allowed Smith a chance to pad stats late in games that were already won by the "ball hogs".

AP has as many TDs as he has ever had this year and it is far from over.

Funny...............Robert Smith had his best TD production(7) his last year (2000) while playing with Moss and Carter who combined for 24 TDs.

If memory serves me correct the last 4 years of his career we had some ball hog called Randy Moss at the beginning of his career and another not so bad reciever by the name of Chris Carter. Kind of taking the oppertunity of a RB to make TD's. AP did not have that challenge against him untill this year.

no...AP had the luxury of running against 8 and 9 man fronts his whole career because he was the only guy on the whole team the defense was trying to stop each and every play!

Funny...............Robert Smith had his best TD production(7) his last year (2000) while playing with Moss and Carter who combined for 24 TDs.
Made my point quit clear thankyou. Boy you guys are pretty good salesman to twist someones opinion into a sales pitch. grin