• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Peterson fumbles.. AGAIN

Big A

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gr8icefishinmind

• Big Dave2

• croixflats

• james_walleye

The A.P. fumbles are starting to get pretty old! I cringe everytime he carries the ball because he carries it so far away from his body and never switches to his left hand!! Apparently he was never taught how to properly carry the football!! He is a hell of a back but needs to fix his ball handling!!

Is that not the job of a coach. Hmmm! Maybe one that had a contract extension?

During the game the announcer said they have suggested to AP to carry the ball in the left hand when going left instead of carring it in his right hand.

They said AP said he has to hard of a time doing that.

So, just keep on fumbling until you cost the Vikes a big game.

50/50 chance on a great run or a game losing fumble. I believe there have been a few more fumbles than 80 yard runs.

BENCH HIM.. I mean really, at that point in the game we could have finished it with out him. The guy is amazing but hold on to the darn ball. Chester can run the ball just fine, we could survive with him running the ball.

I believe the vikings have won many more games on his legs than lost on his fumbles. Pretty sure thats not even close.

You're right about that James, but I mean enough is enough. We could have kept him on the bench the rest of the game, we would have been just fine.

For the record, (before Foss, LMIT, and his spokesman Pierbridge jump in and turn this into a something it isn't)that is my only gripe, we STOMPED the Bears, literally embarrassed them..

You're right about that James, but I mean enough is enough. We could have kept him on the bench the rest of the game, we would have been just fine.

For the record, (before Foss, LMIT, and his spokesman Pierbridge jump in and turn this into a something it isn't)that is my only gripe, we STOMPED the Bears, literally embarrassed them..

Hey don't get me wrong, i dont enjoy the fumbles. If benching him for the rest of the game would cure his fumbles, go for it. I just don't think it would accomplish anything.

BENCH HIM.. I mean really, at that point in the game we could have finished it with out him. The guy is amazing but hold on to the darn ball. Chester can run the ball just fine, we could survive with him running the ball.

This is what I say. I would have benched him for the rest of the third quarter. Chester was having a good day. Chilly should tell AP that each time he fumbles, lost or not, he will benched for the remaining quarter. AP has no punishment for his fumbles...maybe he punishes himself, but that isn't working. Running back coach has to be working with him to change this. If AP can't change then that is a personal problem he needs to correct.

Most people think this fumbling is in his head. If you bench him, does that force it to his head even more? Does he think about it even more? Then what....

Most people think this fumbling is in his head. If you bench him, does that force it to his head even more? Does he think about it even more? Then what....

its the same clowns that hoot and holler when he does the same exact thing but ends up breaking one...then they say he's such an animal and never gives up.

but when he keeps trying and doesn't give up and fumbles he should be more careful and be benched...LOL

I'm no sports psychologist, so I don't know if benching him would do any good, but doing nothing isn't helping.

I do not think it is in his head, its all his mechanics!! The way he holds the ball is rediculous, he holds it six inches off his body most of the time! Obviously teams see this and realize that it is an easy task to for peterson to fumble the ball!! I think he is one of the best rb's in the league but he needs to realize what he is doing and fix it!! It is also pretty basic to carry the ball in your left side when you run to the left which he never seems to do!!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

The Vik's are having a Super season. But can you even imagine what they would be doing to the other teams and the score without the few fumbles and all the stupid "penalites" cry

I agree, fumbles are basically a wasted possession and with this team is more than likely a wasted touchdown which is a big thing!!

I missed the 2nd one, but the first one was when he was stood up and they went for the ball. There is no right hand, left hand technique that is going to prevent someone from stripping the ball when your stood up fighting for the extra yard with 3 guys pulling on you. No one complains when he hits the pile and then fights off the first guy and bounces outside for a 20 yard gain...but yet when he is trying to fight off 2 or 3 guys and gets the ball stripped its his fault. It's the same situation with some bad luck involved and maybe he should be concentrating on squeezing the ball at that time instead of getting the extra yard when there are 2 o4 3 guys wrapping him up.

It did sound like the 2nd one was a little more his fault. But benching him is not going to cure the problem. You cant tell him to be less aggressive because that is who he is.

true........but he should have it covered up before the 2 or 3 other guys get there!! Shoulda woulda coulda.....fact of the matter is that he needs to learn techniques to take better care of the football because sooner or later it may cost the vikes a game!! And to be the BEST rb in the nfl.....he needs to fix his ball carrying technique!!

Your correct, it's not in his head but in the way he carries the ball. When he runs to the left, he should carry the ball in his left hand. That way when he gets hit by the sidelines or on the right side, he will not have the ball on the hit side but protected on his left side.

Emmit Smith for Dallas was the same type runner and when he ran to the left, he carried the ball in his left hand and not his right. He did not have the handling issues AP does.

The second one, he was fighting off defensive players in front of him so his hand was free to cover the ball. He is a great runnig back, he just has to know when to cover the ball and with 3 players standing you up COVER THE BALL.

In a big important game against a very good team, those fumbles will cost the Vikes big time.

cant agree more. but, he is one of the best in the game, and you cant hold that against him!

Any old high school/college tricks that someone knows?

Maybe AP needs a trip down memory/basics lane... grin

He knows he is awesome. If he has the presence of mind to run through a defensive line.. he should be able to process the concept of protecting the ball.

Name one other current running back you would trade him for (fumbles and all).

The reason he is fumbling is because he is running his a$$ off. Most guys are down on the ground in the same instances he is grunting and groaning for some extra yards and yes he will break away from time to time and score.

Some guys just get the bad breaks sometimes. His fumbling will turn around eventually and in the meantime, his GREAT running will win games 10 fold over losing games due to fumbles.

He is the best in the league. Period