• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Peterson fumbles.. AGAIN

Big A

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gr8icefishinmind

• Big Dave2

• croixflats

• james_walleye

that was stupid all he had to do was step out of bounds instead

of trying to get another 2 yrds

It's just so simple yet so hard for him to do. Get your 12-13 yards and a new set of downs and get out of bounds. This was a big, big fumble by AP...maybe it's the one that'll get him to play a little smarter from here on out.

The officiating was HORRIBLE,

So THAT'S why the Vikes lost!

I'm sure it had nothing to do with the Bears kicking seven different kinds of dog carp out of them tonight.

Unbelievable.... rolleyes.gif

I don't think you can pin this on AP. The fumble was at a bad time but you give up 30+ points you usually lose. There's a lot of plays that you can point out that can affect the game it's just that late in the game you remember them better. Did Favre have a couple passes late in the game that coulda/shoulda been intercepted but fortunately weren't?

yeah i saw that official sneak in an punch the ball out of peterson's big hands

and yes, it was one of the officials that streaked past "just wait til we get back" antoine winfield

LOTS of faults in this game, but the vikes have the ball in OT in bears territory and he FUMBLES the ball!

I would put that on him...yes!

The defense was on the field wayyyy too much, especially in the first half! When the D plays that many possessions they are bound to give up points!

But, if any of the other things I mentioned above had gone better, they would not have been in OT to begin with.

The point is that we had the ball in bears territory and handed our, reliable, rb the ball in which he fumbled.......AGAIN.........and yes, it did cost us the game cause it gave them the ball in good field position to either get a td (which they did) or kick a long field goal!!!

He would be THE BEST running back in the league if he would just cover up the ball, and doing that will not weaken his running ability! It will make it better cause he will not be fumbling the ball!!!

AND not covering up the ball...which is bad technique whether you are going for extra yards or not! That extra yardage turned into 6 points for the bears by the way.........

HE had the ball covered-you should probably take a look at the replay again and see what really happened on the play and not just what you want to see.

No, the point is........the game would have not even got to that point without AP's 94 yds and 2 TDs.

You can not point to 1 play just because it happens to be at the end of the game and say that it was that 1 play that lost a team the game.

If the whole team had played in the 1st half like they did in the 2nd half, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

And if the team had played the second half like we did the first half it would have been a huge blow out and we wouldn't have been having this convo........the fact is that the game came down to that play and he coughed it up......AGAIN!!!

He would be THE BEST running back in the league if he would just cover up the ball, and doing that will not weaken his running ability! It will make it better cause he will not be fumbling the ball!!!

Just curious..........What are your football coaching credentials since you are obviously better at coaching than a whole professional coaching staff?

I really have to vent. I am not very computer literate. I have to type by the hunt and peck method. The game is over as I type! I am about as dissappointed as I have ever been. I have been watching and supporting the Vikings since 1961!! I am beginning to wonder why? The Wilf's are asking John Q. Public,{ YOU & I} to fund a venue for a billionare and 40 or so millionaires to play a GAME! I have to quit, I am sooooooo [PoorWordUsage] off ??????

And if the team had played the second half like we did the first half it would have been a huge blow out and we wouldn't have been having this convo........the fact is that the game came down to that play and he coughed it up......AGAIN!!!

And croixflats called me stubborn????????

If you can't understand that a game is made up of a series of plays and not just the LAST play, I can't help you anymore.

It is made up of a series of plays.....those series of plays got us to the play that cost the vikes the game! Me stubborn??? I'm not the one who can't see that a running back needs to cover up the ball and protect it when he is surrounded by or being run down by an opposing player! I don't need coaching credentials to know that, it is basic common sense!! COVER THE ROCK OR IT WILL GET STRIPPED!!

Originally Posted By: gr8icefishinmind
AND not covering up the ball...which is bad technique whether you are going for extra yards or not! That extra yardage turned into 6 points for the bears by the way.........

HE had the ball covered-you should probably take a look at the replay again and see what really happened on the play and not just what you want to see.

Just saw the replay and he did not cover up the ball.........

Originally Posted By: gr8icefishinmind

And croixflats called me stubborn????????

If you can't understand that a game is made up of a series of plays and not just the LAST play, I can't help you anymore.

Hey now, calm down, When I said familiar to that I was talking about me adding a bit of levity. the smiles look at the smiles. gringrin

If you don't think Peterson's fumbling is a problem, then you are a dumb human.

If you don't think it cost us a game tonight...you are stupid.

I can understand and appreciate the determination but question the awareness.

Peterson is good with short yardage...goaline...and protecting a lead.

Don't you think defenses gear up for Chris Johnson? He still seems to get his yards.

Peterson's football savvy and awareness...and hands...are questionable.

I like him and don't want to see him gone, but can't defend him tonight.

Goaline backs grow on trees.

I always loved that one! wink

I'm sure it had nothing to do with the Bears kicking seven different kinds of dog carp out of them tonight.

If they kicked the carp out of us, it would have ended 33-0. They beat us one half, and we beat them the other half.

If you don't think it cost us a game tonight...you are stupid.

Wow, strong language Loon.

I stick with Big Dave 2 on this one.

Poor kick off coverage, missed EP, whatever...just because a play is at the end of the game doesn't necessarily mean it "cost us the game", at least not more so than any other play.

Kick the extra point; Vikes win by a point if all plays out.

Assuming Big Dave's fumbling stats are correct...well, basically AP fumbles are on average or lower than many all time great running backs.

Pretty good company.

croixflats: I do realize the significance of Petersons fumble, but unless you can show me otherwise, and can break down the "significance" of the fumbles that these other great backs have made and show me that they were inconsequential, I'd be willing to bet they had a few significant fumble moments themselves. Just guessing here....but I'd be willing to put money on it.

What makes AP such a great back is his willingness to push it for those extra yards. I'm not gonna say that he coudn't play smarter in some situations, but if you try to take the extra "oomph" out of AP, you may sacrifice the very thing that makes him great.

Risk vs. Reward.

Gotta take the great moments with the tough moments and hope for the best in the end.

I'll take AP as is.

Im not the one comparing him to the greats you and others are so why should I explain what you want to understand. All I'm saying is I would rather have a dependable back like Smith who can give us 1200 to 1600 yrds, with out costing a game at a critical point in the season, over the likes of a Peterson type running back.

All I know even if he holds on to the ball next weak that 2000 yrd mark he predicted aint gonna happen with the 1245 yrds he has now. Not even ranked top 5.

All the excuses in the world cant foresee the future, thought I would throw that out there before the excuses start flying why he didnt do so good this year. So how can you call or predict him as a great one. The future has not passed us yet. Starting to see the flash in a pan.

Originally Posted By: LMITOUT

If they kicked the carp out of us, it would have ended 33-0. They beat us one half, and we beat them the other half.

The fact that they missed a field goal for the win had nothing to do with peterson fumbling. If we would have made our extra point it would never have made it to that point to begin with.

Peterson fumbling may have been the straw that broke the camels back, but it certainly wasn't the entire cause. If our defense could cover and tackle, and our line could block it would have never gotten to that point. Dont even get me started on Chilly's play calling. It seemed when Brett took over that duty in the 2nd half it got a lot better. grin

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

I think we need Jesse Ventura to check out the Conspiracy that has become the Minnesota Vikings! wink How could so much talent, go so Bad in just a few short weeks! Unless it was an inside Job!!!!!! crycrazylaugh

You can't blame the loss entirely on Peterson. Horrible offensive line + worse special teams + no pass defense = the same old vikings we've known and loved. I assume you know how our season will end, we will get beat by......the packers mad This GD team does it to us every year..... choke like a dog on a chicken bone..... it's time to ice fish, DVR the game so you don't have to watch when they lose .......

You can't blame the loss entirely on Peterson. Horrible offensive line + worse special teams + no pass defense = the same old vikings we've known and loved. I assume you know how our season will end, we will get beat by......the packers mad This GD team does it to us every year..... choke like a dog on a chicken bone..... it's time to ice fish, DVR the game so you don't have to watch when they lose .......
Harsh but true.