• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Big 10

Cooter

I see there are 6 Big 10 teams ranked right now: MI St, MI, Purdue, IL, MN, and OH St.

Watched MI St almost lose at home to Gonzaga earlier this week, haven't seen any other games yet. Looking forward to the season, afraid the Badgers will have a mediocre year.

Lots of time for things to play out. I think there will be a bunch of really close games this season. The Big 10 has some talent and I think there will be plenty of upsets and ranking flip-flops all season. Lower seeded teams will win home games against the higher seeds, etc. Gophers look good but we could have been better if it wasn't for all the off court stuff!

Big Ten should be strong for once. I think last week or two weeks ago Digger, Bilas, and Dickie V all picked the Big Ten as this year's best conference of basketball. I'm skeptical until they can finally win a Big Ten/ACC challenge. Big East or ACC until then.

Purdue pulled out a tough one tonight against Tennessee, Iowa is playing tough against #3 Texas, and Cooter is staying up late to watch Wisconsin in the nightcap with Arizona in the Maui Classic.

Way too late for me but I see they got a win, congrats to Purdue - I'd like to see them have a great year. Iowa didn't get the win but must have played well to hang in with the #3 team. Gonna be a great season!

IOwa sucks and will be lucky to finish with 10 wins.

they got outscored by Texas in 17-2 to start the 2nd half.

2 cake wins for the Gophs in the Big Ten.

Big 10 does look like the old days in B-ball.

Go Gophs, and if they can get White and mbake to play,,,they have the talent and depth only a few teams can match!!!

Did a little snooping and so far the ACC has won 3 and Big 10 has 2 wins:

Purdue beat Wake Forest

NW beat NC State

VA Tech beat Penn St

Maryland beat Indiana

UNC beat Mich St.

Todays matchups:

IL vs Clemson

MN vs Miami

Boston vs MI

Duke vs WI

Fl St vs Ohio St.

Penn State won on Monday night. 3-3. Duke will crush Sconny, sorry Cooter. The other games should be interesting.

As good as the Big Ten is this year, they are still going to lose the challenge. They need Wisconsin to upset Duke to pull it off.

The series is currently 5-4 with Duke losing by 3 with 10 min left and Fl St. down 11 to OSU. Big 10 has to sweep these two games to take the Challenge for the first time ever, thanks to Clemson completely collapsing.

That was a solid win for Wisconsin. It looks like Ohio State will win easy. It's good for the big ten to finally win that stuupid challenge.

Talk about an upset - the second half was amazing. I got goosebumps when they rushed the floor. Bo is the man.

Wisconsin had to play out of their head and Duke had to struggle for Wisconsin to win and that's what happened. The Badgers didn't play the typical Big 10 style of basketball you usually see and it looked more like an ACC team the way they ran the court and were firing three's (and making them).

That's the only way a Big 10 team is going to compete with an ACC team and they looked good. The question is whether or not they will continue this style of play or fall back into the boring slug-n-chug basketball that the majority of the teams in the Big 11 are famous for.

The Kohl Center has been a tough place for anyone to play.

I'd expect with better coaches in the conference the Big Ten will be pushing back into the upper echelon of basketball leagues...it's been a couple decades since they were the premier league. However I don't think you'll see too many squads abandon the defense the league is known for.

Wisconsin had to play out of their head and Duke had to struggle for Wisconsin to win and that's what happened. The Badgers didn't play the typical Big 10 style of basketball you usually see and it looked more like an ACC team the way they ran the court and were firing three's (and making them).

That's the only way a Big 10 team is going to compete with an ACC team and they looked good. The question is whether or not they will continue this style of play or fall back into the boring slug-n-chug basketball that the majority of the teams in the Big 11 are famous for.

I was rooting for every Big Ten team.....HUGE win for the Badgers over Duke!!! How is MN doing so far? LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Badgers looking pretty good, huge loss with Leuer getting injured. I see MN played tough against Mich St. Some good ball going on, just gonna get better!

Not sure about WI this year but Purdue for sure and likely MI St - OH St I'd say is on the bubble for that right now.

What the heck happened to Purdue? Lost 3 before winning against IL last night. Looks like OH St is heating up, MI St sitting pretty at 5-0. Badgers playing MI tonight at home, should be a win for us. Noticed we don't play the Gophers until mid-Feb, only one matchup this year.

Yup, and not that the Gophers are going anywhere if they keep playing as inconsistently as they have, but luckily the game is at the Barn. Saw part of the WI game last nite and decided to rest my eyes during a timeout when the Badgers started heating up in the 2nd half. At the Kohl Center, they'll come back and win I thought to myself as I nodded off. Woke up after the game was over and sure enough I was right. Betting on someone to beat Bucky at home is generally a really bad idea.

Great game last night, heartbreaker for the Badgers. Missed it but heard the Gophers almost upset Mich St not too long ago. We could use Leuer back in the lineup - we have the rematch against Mich St coming up next at Kohl center.