• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Outdoor Minnesota Deer Photo's

picksbigwagon

Great bucks everyone and even better stories, I am really enjoying the kid stories. I have been hunting with my eleven year old this season so they are hitting close to home. He missed a doe on Sat afternoon so we will be back at it this weekend. Good luck to everyone and shoot straight.

Was blessed with a 10 point yesterday at 345 PM!! The back story is this.....I have hunted everyday with my son and dad, my son got a doe Sunday morning. we had been seeing doe and fawns all week but no bucks. Decided to head out to the stand yesterday afternoon until the kids got home from school. As soon as the kids got home and I heard the bus, I said to myself, self, hit that bleet can one more time wait fifteen minutes and head in. I hit the bleet can three time in a row, waited. In under 2 minutes the buck shows up out of no where 80 yards away on the other side of the ridge from me. He is stopped looking in my direction. I see its a buck and ready myself. He begins trotting down the ridge, dang he's moving, I give him a few grunt calls. He stops behind tree's. Ok I wait, he begins trotting away again, I hit the grunt call again, he stops, yes behind tree's. He is a smart one!!! so I get the gun up in the next opening in the direction he is headed, he begins to move again right to the opening. He makes it to the opening, I got him in my scope and BANG! He does a big kick and slowly walks away??? Did I miss??? I get ready for a second shot and down he goes, piled up into the snow 30 yards from where I took the shot at him! Double lung. Second buck in 3 years on my little bottle neck piece of land!!!! Great end to the season for us!!!! full-16767-51203-2014buck.jpg

full-9-51212-image.jpg

Shot this little guy out west today in 20 mile an hour winds and 7° air temp, little chilly. Did a spot and stalk and took him at 350 yards with a 20 mile an hour cross wind, sometimes better to be lucky than good!!!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Good to see some production! I have really been down in the dumps the way this season seemed to be shaping up for a lot of folks! frown

B753E995-5F9D-4064-9817-FD13AC450A5D_zps

Not my buck but I figured you guys would wanna see this little fella. Buddy from college stuck it. 182 3/8" gross, not too shabby!!

Opening weekend was really slow for us, only seeing a few does. One of the guys in our group saw three different bucks and passed all of them. Wasn't sure what the second weekend would bring and ended up sneaking out last Weds. evening. Got out late, sat down where a trail split around 4:30. Hit my grunt tube 4-5x's and waited. Three minutes later this guy snuck in to my right. Had a small portion of the front shoulder to aim at and the 30.06 barked. About 30 yards later I was looking at a 12 pointer! Has a few kickers around the bases; would've been 13, but is missing a brow.

Good luck to all this weekend. full-24609-51285-photo1.png

full-1988-51447-img_1298(768x1024).jpg

Got this guy Saturday morning took about a half hour working the can to get him to come out of the thick for a shot. Was fun watching him as he would only move a few steps at a time then stop never in a spot to get a good shot.

My son and I were truly blessed on the hunt this year. I was able to harvest my first trophy and my son shot his first deer ever. We shot both of them on the Sunday of opening weekend. I shot mine Sunday morning about 8am, he shot his doe at about 4pm.

Here are a couple photos of my buck. 11 points, 22 1/4 inch inside spread. Taxidermist estimated it weighed 250 pounds field dressed. Green scored 176.

11PointBuck-11-9-14_zps1d4824a3.jpg

11pointBucksideview-11-9-14_zps926a6c45.

Philand11pthanging11-9-14_zps53a33188.jp

Here is my son's first doe. I was so proud of him. We watched her slowly walk in for about a half hour. Once she got within 65 yards he took the shot.

Bensfirstdeer11-9-14_zpsb6c93ec9.jpg

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Awesome deer to all of you and congrats!!!

Shot nice 10 point 3 minutes into the MN gun opening day.

MNFront.jpg

A week later I shot this beauty 12 point about 2 1/2 hours into the NY gun opening day. 147 3/8 gross 137 2/8 net B&C

NYFront.jpg

NYSide.jpg

Very nice deer ! I wonder if the wet June etc. made some difference on putting on a few more inches of antler vs. a dry spring/summer ? Nice job to those who connected ! And good luck to those like myself who are driving a load down the barrel for Saturday !

full-46663-51706-unnamed.jpg

Got him last Saturday at 9:45.He was cruising along a corn field all by himself.I have never seen so much corn still standing this late in the year.The good thing about this the population should get better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...