• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Outdoor Minnesota Deer Photo's

picksbigwagon

Awesome story Trigger!!! with a son that I can't wait to get out in the stand with me I hope that one day I can help create a memory like for him!

Gordie once again you got a nice buck on Public land!! Congrats sir

A82150F8-E732-42A6-B544-D41E12250E51.jpg5CB3A905-1D2C-4BC8-B764-A003235E81F7.jpg

Got this 8 pointer last night around 4pm north of Nashwauk. Walked into a shooting lane about 250 yards away. 1st deer I seen all week. Couldnt be any happier!

Great deer guys! 96 awesome story, that is a great way to get the kids interested in hunting! Gordy your gonna get a lot of sausage out of that big toad, nice work!

Tunrevir~

Posted these in the reports area too-my boys and buddies boy had some fun last weekend-my 6 year old finally got to see some deer hit the dirt after three years of trailing me- all three of the boys in the second picture were with me when I got the buck shown with all of us-

full-4296-51041-image.jpg

full-4296-51042-image.jpg

Congrats everyone and great Pix

sharing the experience with friends and family esp the lil ones is priceless.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Congrats to all!! Way to get the kids out with you as well.

So I took a very large doe last night and I told my son he could hunt my box stand just behind our house as I'm done for the year. So what does he do but shoot this big guy around 7:30 this morning with a TC Hawkens 50cal muzzle loader. The deer went just 30 yards and it was over. I was still in bed when I heard the shot. He owes me big time now.

[img:left]2014deer.jpg

image-14.jpg

After not seeing a deer all weekend with my 11 year old daughter I talked mom into letting her skip school Tuesday and she shot this 10pt. It came in while I was rattling and she shot it at 60 yards with a .243 and a 85g Barnes triple shock. He went 30 yards. She was just a little excited.

image-14.jpg

After not seeing a deer all weekend with my 11 year old daughter I talked mom into letting her skip school Tuesday and she shot this 10pt. It came in while I was rattling and she shot it at 60 yards with a .243 and a 85g Barnes triple shock. He went 30 yards. She was just a little excited.

That is awesome. She will never forget that day.

Congrats. He looks very familiar to one I had an encounter with two weeks ago. Very happy for you mj! Very nice deer. Your hard work payed off. Nice plowed road too!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

sweet biggedd. many good memories with my old 243. congrats to your girl.

Took a four day weekend to try and kill a deer and accomplished that on Saturday at before 8am.

I had him on camera all summer and wanted to get him with my bow since he's not real big, just a decent 2.5 yr old.

image_zps626230c7.jpg

This is where I found him. Lung shot with the shotgun, he went around 100 yds. He was going back to the thick stuff. This is a 6 ac woods in the middle of a section. No other woods. About 1/3 of it is thick bedding like this.

image_zps7e4f3942.jpg

image_zpsb41db51b.jpg

Kids want him on the wall so on Sunday, I took that deer to the taxi and picked up my 2013 WI rifle buck.

image_zps0b9c1161.jpg

Congrats. He looks very familiar to one I had an encounter with two weeks ago. Very happy for you mj! Very nice deer. Your hard work payed off. Nice plowed road too!

Thanks!

Plowed the roads and came back an hour later to hunt and they were filled with deer tracks.

image-14.jpg

That is awesome congrats to you and ur daughter. ive tagged a few with my 243 and imo its a very very good rnd for deer and the minimal recoil makes it even better

full-37778-51163-2014_11_0810.18.24.jpg

full-37778-51164-2014_11_0807.56.02.jpg

I shot this 10 pointer in area 110 on Saturday at about 8am. The story behind it makes the pictures even better. I was sitting in my stand in the middle of the woods with a clearing about 20 yards away. I heard a snap and I look across the clearing to see a doe moving at a pretty good rate. I grab my gun and stand up to get ready just in case she brought a buck with her. I look behind her and I see another deer but couldn't tell what it was. All of a sudden it steps into the clearing and I see that it is this buck. After watching him walk around at about 65 yards away he finally steps into one of my shooting lanes. I raise my gun, find him in the scope, and pull the trigger. 'CLICK' My gun doesn't go off. My heart sank as he walks into a thicket on the other side of the clearing. I thought to myself that I just missed an opportunity on the biggest deer of my life. I ejected the cartridge, thinking that maybe it was a bad round. As I watched him walk into the thicket, desperation mode kicked in and I started to give him some estrus bleats and a few grunts. After about 30 seconds I finally catch his movement again as he pops is head into the clearing and heads my direction. He walks straight to me and turns broadside at about 20 yards. I got my scope on him for the second time. I pulled the trigger hoping this time he doesn't slip away and... 'Click' "AGAIN!!" At this point I was just sick. He heard the click and got nervous and started to trot away. He didn't know what the noise was and where it came from but knew something was up. I quickly pulled the bolt back a bit and slammed it forward and got on him for a third time. I had to aim a little bit forward as he was moving pretty quick and at about 35 yards I pulled the trigger again. 'Bang' "FINALLY!!" The gun finally goes off and he drops in his tracks with a shot to the neck. I didn't mean to shoot him in the neck as I was aiming right behind his front shoulder and must have flinched in surprise as the gun went off. All I cared about was that he lay dead at 35 yards. Like the saying goes, "Third time is the charm." I was so excited to fill my tag on a buck that is my biggest to date. It was a wonderful morning in the woods and shooting a deer just adds to it. He was rutting pretty hard when I first seen him. Later that day my dad filled his tag on a decent 8 that also was chasing does on a field edge. We end up with two nice bucks for 4 people. Not a bad first weekend of deer camp. Congrats to everybody on all the nice deer. Keep posting pictures, it is fun to see the excitement from each hunter and to hear the stories to go with them.

Wow, I have dreams about that. For whatever reason, I can never pull the trigger, and I never get the buck. Great story, awesome that it worked out for you. That is probably a once in a lifetime chance.

full-48836-51172-img_0503.jpg

This is my 13 year old son's first buck from last Monday morning, public land in area 197. I had dropped him off at 6:50 and when I sat down in my stand he shot 3 minutes later. I knew it was him and the text messages started flying. He was so upset, was sure he had missed it high. I asked if it was in the cross hairs or moving when he shot, but he didn't know. I asked if he had buck fever, which he asked, "what's that?" I told him when you're shaking so hard you can't see straight. He replied "YES". So I figured he was probably right that he missed, but I was holding out hope. It took about 75 yards before we found little specks of blood and another couple hundred yards of a sparse blood trail, but he was piled up at the end of it. The shot was a little, low, but clipped his lung. It was a moment we'll always remember.