• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

picksbigwagon

Outdoor Minnesota Deer Photo's

monstermoose78

Congrats!! An awesome set of antlers!

Mr Special

thats a great lookin deer congrats and even more kudos for sharing it with ur family

Wanderer

nice pic but the gun looks to be pointed at ur head!!!

Happens a lot. It looks like his jacket at the shoulder is covering part of the barrel so the muzzle is likely behind his head. I posted a pic of our daughter's first deer one year and it looked similar so re-posted another but lower quality pic that didn't look so suspicious. We knew the gun was unloaded and not really pointed at her head but the pic left some question.

Awesome buck!

tritonman

nice pic but the gun looks to be pointed at ur head!!! Geez that thing is a beast!!! Congrats!!!!

Ya the gun is actually several inches away from my arm. It just looks like it is right next to it. It's not pointing at my head at all. It is unloaded also. I can see how it looks that way though.

hugonian1

That is a great mature buck.

Congrats.

jeff127

full-7-50682-267.jpg

My 8 year old did it again in the Missouri youth season. This time was 150 yard shot and he dropped it in its tracks on the first morning. We saw 13 deer in the first hour and a half and this was the 2nd biggest buck we saw.

hugonian1

Great job and picture.

Congrats to the young man.

ozzie

awesome job!!! that is what it's all about there!! Congrats to both of you

Wanderer

Another sweet memory made! cool

Wes Ellis

Great Job! Please tell him congratulations!

mrklean

Awesome congrats there

Topwater Scott

full-31794-50798-img_0050.jpg

I finally got a good MN buck!

eyeguy 54

One for the frying pan. smile

full-27930-50817-118ba.jpg

monstermoose78

nice deer eyeguy

tunrevir

Nice deer there guys!

Tunrevir~

monstermoose78

Nice deer Scott

perchking

Nice deer everyone.

smalliehunter

Great deer everyone!

Gordie

This buck has a 19 inch inside spread and we weighed him last night and it tipped the scale at 255lbs public land gotta love it !

full-15313-50997-10301207_10202097726365

full-15313-50998-10501876_10202095963321

paceman

That is a Beast Gordie! Congrats!

mrklean

Nice deer Gordie

leechlake

love those Marlin lever actions. My first deer rifle was one in 35 Remington because that's what my dad always shot.

Nice deer.

CANOPY SAM

That a way, Gordie! Great deer! Congrats!

eyeguy 54

SWEET ! Congrats!

96trigger

full-6133-51012-resizedbucks2.jpg

We had a good opening weekend. I shot a nice buck at 6:55 am on Saturday morning. 2 deer came flying out of a big ditch 100 yards away, I heard a deep grunt, knew what was coming next, and get ready. He pops out of the ditch, comes towards me about 10 yards. Real quick check of outside the ears, enough points, and mature body, he met them all. If he followed the does, he would veer left and I would lose him so I pulled up, put the cross hairs on his chest, fired, and he was gone. I had no idea if I hit him. He was gone so fast and he never even flinched. I decided to give it 30 minutes and go look, 15 minutes after the shot I hear a wheeze, and just a little bit of leaves crashing. I then thought he was probably hit and was in the ditch. After the 30 minutes and got down to look for blood, didn't find any blood, hair, or spore, where I thought he was standing. Decided I would walk down along the ditch and try and see if he was there, turned around and took 10 steps and there he was behind some brush. He was not the one I thought I had on camera. We didn't have any pics of him.

I then Went home that afternoon and got my 7 year old son, he wanted to go out badly and his grandfather was more than willing to take him. I had originally told him it didn't look like he would get to go because the weather looked so awful. I didn't think it would be good, but Saturday night turned out to be surprisingly nice. I was excited for him to go because we just found out that he needed glasses and he got them last week. Hunting was going to look totally different to him with his glasses on. He jumped at the chance to go. So I took my nephew to my stand and sat with him, and his grandfather went to our 3 season condo stand. The condo stand is great for kids, it is fully enclosed, overlooking another meadow in the bluff side, but I am not thrilled about it's location. It's tough to get the deer to come in close enough for a great shot, their normal travel routs are all around 100 yards away, with one nice trail about 50 yards. At 4:00 I am glassing that meadow across the valley, which is about 400 yards away from my stand, and see a fork horn in the meadow. I am hoping they were still in the stand to see him, but I was not optimistic. 4:15 I glass over the meadow and there is now a nice doe in the meadow, and at 4:30 I hear one shot. I quickly pull up the bino's and see a large bodied deer running up the meadow to the trees, he gets to the tree line and disappears. It was obvious it was hit and I was very excited that they were still out there. About 15 min later, I see a big orange blob walking up the meadow with a little orange blob hot on his heels. They get to the tree and clump of brush that I last saw the deer and I see Grandpa motion for the little blob to stay back as he goes a little farther up just about to the treeline. I then see Grandpa motion to him to come and there is the little orange blob running up the meadow. I can't see them very well in the woods, but I can tell that the little one is jumping up and down, hands and arms just a flapping away. I was very excited for him and proud that he stuck it out for over 4 hours in the stand. I later learned that the buck came in to check the meadow for does and was starting to walk away when my son hit "the can" call for grandpa and the buck turned around and came right back to within 75 yards. It was pretty awesome to see his expression and he was still very excited yesterday.

eyeguy 54

Cool!

NoWiser

Gordie, that's an awesome buck!!

Trigger, that's the coolest story I've heard all year. Congrats to the three of you! What a memory!

DonBo

Awesome story trigger, and two great deer. What a day!

leechlake

good work by the two orange "blobs" that's a perfect descriptive word at what you were seeing. Fantastic.

leech~~

3 Gen's on a hunt. Nice day on the stand trigger! smile