• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Brewster needs to be fired!

RumRiverRat

I don't blame weber. He has no line, no running game, and his top two WR's are out. Any QB is going to struggle under those conditions.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JBMasterAngler

• LMITOUT

• so haaad

• CJH

Read this morning that they are thinking about switching Gray to WR. Apparently Moses Allipate (sp) has been doing better than him and they have another good QB Parrish coming in next year...... Apparently that shows how Gray's development as a QB has gone.

I still think Gray (or anyone else, really) deserved more playing time at QB. Mainly because of what Weber didn't or couldn't do. I would be surprised if they move Gray to WR. I think he did hurt his chances this year by fumbling too many times during game play. Looking ahead, the Gophers should be in good shape at QB after next year. Alipate was pretty darn good in high school and Parrish was too.

Th Rb's we have on this squad would struggle in D2. Weber has taken 3....5 steps back since last year. Alos, the OC should not have a job, 1 minute after yesterdays game. Pathetic.

Th Rb's we have on this squad would struggle in D2. Weber has taken 3....5 steps back since last year. Alos, the OC should not have a job, 1 minute after yesterdays game. Pathetic.
Whaley showed the most potential this year out of the bunch as a redshirt freshman, but he needs to add some weight. 180lbs isn't going to cut it in the big ten. I'm kind of surprised that we didn't see Slim Shady (Salamon) or Jay Thomas for a few plays this year. Both are a little bigger and can pound a little more. They are bringing in a 4-star running back next year, but he's only 185lbs and I can't imagine that he'll start. Then again, Maroney played as a freshman...oh wait, that was under Mason and not Mr. Brew-cruiter.

Louisville fired their head coach after a 15-21 record over the past three years.

Brewster's record over the similar time frame: 14-23

hmmmmmm.

I could only wish that would happen. Might as well tack on another loss, because we are gonna get spanked in the bowl game (which might be the champs sports bowl now).

Does anyone else get a severe pain in their stomach every time they watch nebraska win a game? If they beat texas next week (which I'm predicting) I might have to go to the hospital sick We could've had Pelini!!!!!!

Thou I want NEB to beat TExas soo the Big 12 has no chance of winning the title,,,, not happening. The game is played in Dallas for one. Two-- Neb got beat by Iowa St which is a joke and at home.

TExas 52

NEb 10

NO 6-6 team that plays the kinda of non-conf schedule the GOphs and Iowa St play deserve to goto to a bowl. LEt a really good FCS team take their place-- like Montana or Richmond.

I thought the gophers non conference schedule was pretty good actually...except for SDSU, but every team has a 1-AA team on their schedules now. Next year is a pretty good schedule too, although we're gonna lose to middle tennessee state, USC, and possibly northern illinois as well.

Bigger upsets have happened in the big 12. If A&M had any sort of defense they would've beaten texas easily. I want them to lose so TCU can beat alabama for the national title.

Anyone see montana score 40 unanswered points against sdsu? That's gotta be so embarrasing for the gophers frown

I've wanted to see the Gophers and Iowa State schedule a nonconference game for years. Great, the game is on the NFL Network. Why have a college football game aired on the NFL Network?!?

That's about the only team they could've landed that they had a chance of beating. However, this will be better for getting brewster fired if we lose (which I'm still counting on).

It's hard to say who will win this one. Both teams had similar seasons. Iowa State shocked Nebraska on the road but laid an egg the rest of the year. Minny beat Michigan State with a stong offensive attack but laid the golden egg the rest of the year too.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Minnesota AD ‘can’t guarantee’ Brewster-to-Kansas rumors are false

By Dugan Arnett

Responding to rumors that Minnesota coach Tim Brewster could be a candidate for the head coaching vacancy at Kansas, UM athletic director Joel Maturi told the St. Paul Pioneer Press on Tuesday that he "can't guarantee" Brewster will be back with the Gophers next season.

"There are rumors that he's going to Kansas, so I don't know," Maturi told the paper. "What can I say? So I can't guarantee it, no. I can't guarantee the decisions of other people."

"I'm smart enough to know that (Brewster's) not going to tell me; nor is the athletic director (Lew Perkins) at Kansas going to tell me until it's a done deal," he added. "I chatted with (Brewster) about it very, very briefly. I told him I'm getting tired of all of these Kansas calls. That's kind of been my conversations with him. I know how the game is played. I know how it is. I'm respectful of that. I'm not going to believe the rumors until they're fact. I'm not going to knee-jerk react one way or the other because of it."

Maturi also told the paper that he had not been contacted by Kansas officials seeking permission to speak with Brewster. Prior to speaking with Buffalo coach Turner Gill — the only confirmed coach to have spoken with KU officials — Perkins contacted the school beforehand.

Brewster, whose 6-6 Gophers will play in the Insight Bowl for the second straight season, has two years remaining on a five-year contract that will pay him roughly $1 million annually.

In the past three seasons, Minnesota has gone 14-23 under Brewster.

Wouldn't that be nice for Maturi...Brewster leaves and he won't have to worry about an extension, and he can then find someone who has some coaching experience...maybe Gill.

Maturi is still waiting for "Gopher Nation" and his "fantastic recruiting skills" to materialize.

I don't think anybody would care if he left. Not really sure why Kansas would be interested in him......not sure if that is really a step up either. They are known for basketball, not football. I doubt the facilities are as nice there.

I can see why kansas would want him, they just got rid of a coach that supposedly was too hard on his players (total B.S. if you ask me), so they want to replace him with a guy that will rub their bellies.

I sure hope this is true! If he leaves before the insight bowl, who would take over?

Who do you mean by "he". Brewster or Maturi? Either way, rodent fans come out ahead. Early Chrismas present if it turns out to be both. No winning in MN until it gets an administration that understands what fully backing a program means.

I don't think he (Brewster) has been let go, neither of the newspapers have anything stating that ( I checked w/in the last hour).

• 4 weeks later...

Supposedly this extension will be 1 or 2 years. And the idea behind this is it will help recruiting. Interesting...what good does having top recruits have when the coach can't turn them into a winning team? I will take a good coach with less than elite players any day of the week! So what if it hurts recruiting for 1 or 2 years, in the long run it will pay off big time! Right now the program will be hurting big time in the long run. That nice new stadium ain't gonna look so good when it's half empty with a bottom dwelling team playing out there every week.

I hate to say it, but I couldn't agree more! I was an offensive lineman for the Gophers under Glen Mason for 5 years and I cannot believe we dumped him for this bum. I agree that we weren't ever the best team in the big 10 even under Mason, but we were consistantly one of the top rushing teams in the nation and often ranked in the top 25. I have watched every game the last few years under Brewster and have yet to see any sign that he is an adequate big 10 football coach let alone as good as Mason. The only bright spot has been a few lucky wins the last couple years and Eric Decker (a Mason recruit). After watching tonights Insight Bowl, a loss to North Dakota two years ago and getting outplayed by South Dakota St this year, I am thoroughly disgusted. We can't run, pass, or play defense. Although he wasn't the best MN recruiter, I say we take Mason back from the big 10 network and put a team on the field that at the very least is a competitor. He will get guys like Marion Barber, Maroney, Stylez White, Eslinger, Hamilton, Karon Riley, Darrell Reid...and who are the big name guys this phenomenal recruiter Brewster has brought in?? I don't wanna wait to find out!

-disgusted gopher fan

The Gopher program needs stability. Changing of head coaches every 3 years only makes problems. Offensive coaches leaving every year- defensive coaches leaving- stability is what has to be there before consistancy happens.

You don't keep a mediocre coach with a poor staff for consistency reasons - for what? to be consistently bad?

Brewster neither has the ability or other skills necessary to coach a major football program. And this also comes from a guy who played major college football but not at Minnesota.

I beleive I said stability then consistancy would happen, when you don,t have the stability of coaches there is only going to be mediocraty.