• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pre/Post Game Minnesota Wild Banter

JimBuck

Wellman is going to be a great player, You can start to see flashes as he gets more comfortable with the NHL. I think the Wild got a great player!

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OnAFly

• walleyes12

• scsavre

• JimBuck

Strange game last night. Came out flat (as usual) and decided we wanted to dig ourselves out of a hole again in the 3rd. The Flyers seemed rather flat as well. Wellman has got some brass balls for stepping up to Carcillo. I thought he played pretty well. Good to see big John get his 2nd. As hard as it is to say, Shep played pretty good last night.

Typical wild.

Before you get too excited this Flyers team is playing aweful hockey this month. They are on a 4 game skid and 1 win in their last 7 games. Shep was more noticeable out there, but he is still worthless. He has had more than enough time to prove himself on the top lines and did nothing.

By the way, isnt there a rule now that because of his RFA status that if we wanted him back we would have to sign him at 100% his current contract? If that rule is still in play, wont other teams know he is not going to be signed next year and pick him up for nothing?

Chime in if anyone knows the rule, I dont have the time to look it up. It was part of the collect bargaining, i think. I think we can arbitrate to give him a 15% pay decrease. Either way, shep isnt getting a raise.

I vote dump him, I dont even care if we get anything in return, Its time to build this team. Hes taking up a roster money and a roster spot!

I was just thinking maybe we could have gotten something for him during the trade deadline. I bet we tried like heck but no body wanted him, or wanted to pay him that much.

Carcillo is a *****. He smokes Scott in the face with a high stick at one end then goes down and levels someone from behind after Scott wanted to drop the gloves at center ice and Carcillo wouldn't do it. Wellman needs to let Scott get in there and pound Carcillo, everyone in the NHL wanted to see that. Carcillo is a piece of *****

That would have been nice. He is cheap. Wellman is jsut trying to earn a spot. He would have been destroyed though. He is a goon, and actually can play though. I wish boogy could play better.

Yeah, Carcillo is a complete ******, but then again, he does play for the Flyers...the teams of ******.

Pronger is ten times worse. One of the biggest cheapshot players in the league and never gets suspended.

The Wild need to start losing games if they want a decent draft pick. I read that if it ended now, they are 13th in the west and could still might not get a top 10 draft pick because of how terrible the east is.

I dont know many hockey players that can loose on purpose. Most love to pad their stats. Looks like they have added a lot of new guys to the lineup. That is obviously a sign that the coach is treating these games as a tryout, like he should. I think they have given up but have managed to skate pretty good, and still want to win.

What would the Wild do with a number 1 pick anyway? Select what any other team would take in the 3rd round.

Good game last night. Shep made a few decent plays and was quite involved on the forecheck. It seems as though he plays better when the team has nothing to play for, go figure. Wellman was pretty active last night and I'm getting pretty excited to see how his play progresses in the off season. Burns stepped up and probably had one of his better games of the season. Zanon proved to be an absolute animal, once again. Six blocked shots including a few back to back on the same shift. Just fearless.

As nice as it is to see the Wild still giving a good effort, I really want some losses for a better position come draft time. I've got a lot of faith in the current coaching staff and management that they can turn this team around. It makes me sick to see teams like Nashville and Phoenix doing better with half the following of the Wild. Minnesota is long overdue for a powerhouse Hockey club.

Not seeing playoff hockey for the second straight season sucks! No excuses next season, they better get some players that fit well in the coaching staffs system.

Burns showed some signs of greatness last night, hopfully he can finish strong and come back next season on top of his game.

The wild have some tough games coming up all in the west. Losing a couple more shouldn't be much of a problem.

Wellman needs to bulk up, he looks weaker than Ebbet did when he fist came into the league. Great player though..

• 2 weeks later...

That was a pretty cool send off they had for Modano last night. Brought back some good and bad memories of the North Stars. It was nice to see him in a NS jersey one last time. If they lose Nolan this year and have a bunch of young prospects come up next year, it might not be a bad idea to try to sign him to a very cheap contract, just as a good influence on the young guys. It would have to be really cheap though and that's assuming he doesn't retire this year.

On a side note...Gaborik left the Wild because he "wanted a fresh start on a competitive team."

The Rangers missed the playoffs this year...ha grin

That was awesome what they did for Modano, Very emotional. Modana talked about coming to the wild next year. But it might have been just one of those interviews where you are just pleasing the other teams fans. It would be cool to get him.

Seeing Modano come out in a Stars jersey gave me the shivers. Pretty cool moment indeed. Not to mention the several moments through the game that they ran a quick "Modano montage" during commercial breaks and the standing ovations from Wild fans.

Mike Modano was one of my role models growing up in youth hockey and it's good to see a guy have such a long and fruitful career with a team like he did and still be a first class individual. I'd love to see him come to the Wild next year as well but won't hold my breath.

Norm Green still sucks. wink

Also wanted to add it was a fun season talking Wild Hockey with you guys here on FM! Here's to hoping that Sheppard gets traded and to a good season on the water!

Norm Green better hope we never cross paths someday! LOL

I still remember where I was sitting and what I was eating for breakfast when I heard it on the news! I am scared for life!

It was an up and down hockey season for the Wild. I hate missing the playoffs, I hate it!!!!!! The Wild are showing good signs of building this team. Lets hope for a good offseason for the Wild!!!!

I pray every night to hear Sheppard has been traded!!!! Come on WILD move him!!!

Ever since the Northstars left I've been having a tough time trying to be a Wild fan. I never recovered from that. Norm Green is dead to me.

They might get a bag of pucks for Shepard...Cheaply made Canadian pucks that is, not the Chech ones.