• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pre/Post Game Minnesota Wild Banter

JimBuck

I decided to start a thread for all the casual Pre/Post Game banter that typically insues. Predictions, Highlights and Summaries can all be posted here.

So who's watching the late one tonight in Anaheim? Should be a good game after that comeback against the ducks at home. I'm betting Parros will square up with Big John for a rematch. Zanon will block a couple shots and Belanger will get a goal tonight. Go WILD!

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OnAFly

• walleyes12

• scsavre

• JimBuck

I will catch the first couple of periods, this west coast swing is killing me. I love the wild, but they are looking confused in this new system. Its going to take some time for all players to be on the same page. If the wild can keep the mistakes down tonight, I predict they will win by 1.

I really hope Big John and Parros do square off again, and Big John lays the smack down again.

If Boogy actually plays tonight like some are predicting, then he might step in for Scott if Parros tries anything. That would be a pretty good fight.

Hopefully splitting up Johnsson and Schultz will wake those two up a little bit and make them play a little better defensively. It seems like neither had much experience in the last 8 years with much offensive play and now when they are given the green light to go, they don't know how to do it without getting caught.

I would like to see a solid 60 minute performance out of the guys instead of showing up for one or two periods and then giving up 3 goals then next period.

Well said. Regardless of outcome, if they play a solid 60 I'd be happy. I've got issues with Johnsson & Schultz pairing up as well. Both fairly defensive defensemen. I think Zidlicky would compliment Schultz well. While were talking about defense.....Burns? What gives? I feel like he's still struggling from an identity crisis and doesn't know if he is a winger or defensemen? Some of these blue line pinch decisions are just outrageous....Alright, I'm done ranting. Looking forward to the game.

You have to remember this is all new to the defenseman. Some of them been there from the begining of the lemiare era. It looks to me they are getting confused about which system the are in, it almost looks like they are combining the two. johnsson and shultz are really offense of defensemen to start with. Its going to take awhile for them to get use to a new style.

Well. That was a joke. I'm not enjoying this trend of coming out in the 1st period absolutely flat and letting them get a few quick ones. I had no idea we were short so many guys due to injury...Boogie,Clutterbuck, Sykora and now Havlat? I'll admit, they looked much better going into the 2nd period but kept on taking some dumb penalties. Good to see Belanger step up and get one, I've also been really liking Zanon as an addition to our team.

Well, I was only able to catch the first period. I might be some sort of curse. Every game I've only been able to see the first period, and every game they come out like a JV team in the first period then pull themselves together in the second.

I think there were maybe 3 out of 30 times that was a loose puck and the Wild would come out with it. Then, every time the Wild would try to carry the puck, they would get knocked off of it. When the Ducks carried the puck, we couldn't know them off of it. We looked like an AHL team out there.

So with the rate at which are getting injuries, we should have our entire Houston crew up here by the all-star break! cry

Watching the Wild/Oilers game - terrible third goal let in by Harding. Come on man, we need you! (as trade bait wink )

Penner just scored as Zidlicky watched him skate behind cry

Where's Koivu been this year?

Yeah it is looking like it might be a long year. I hope Toronto picks up the pace as they lead the Wild by a point in the race for the number 1 pick next year!!! smile

Well, I'll be at the game tonight. I got lower level standing room only tickets at center ice, so we should have a great view! I really think those are the best bang for your buck in that arena. They cost as much as an upper level ticket for a lower level spot. Unfortunately you have to stand, but it's really not different than being at a bar.

Predictions: Wild come out strong and get a couple of good chances, end of 1st it's 1-1. End of 2 it's 3-1 Avs and final score is 4-3 Wild in OT - so basically I'm guessing this will go like most of their previous games (good in 1st, horrible in 2nd, good in 3rd), but a much better outcome.

Hopefully Havlat will play tonight and Koivu's captaincy will give him a shot in the arm and he'll give us a good show. I really think there is potential in this team, we just need to quit giving games away in the 2nd.

• 1 month later...

Wild vs. Bruins tonight at the X. After picking up and dropping off a few guys in trades, this should be an interesting game. Unfortunately, Shep wasn't one of those guys but that's a whole different beast. It seems like we are continuing to stack the injured list up...Burns is out indefinitely with a concussion. Kobasew, a former Bruin sent to Minnesota last month, may return after missing four games with an upper-body injury. Martin Havlat missed the Wild's last game with a hamstring injury and is doubtful.

Clutterbuck is the only guy on our team with a positive +/- currently at +1. Hopefully Owen Nolan can continue his 3 game point streak and get another tonight. Robbie Earl has been fun to watch, works hard and get's things done. Hope to see him out there again.

The addition of Ebbett and Latendresse leaves me feeling optimistic that we can get something going here this season. Both have been having a sub par season but maybe something will click, it just has to! Here's to the Wild not giving up after the 1st! wink

Robbie Earl has been fun to watch, works hard and get's things done. Hope to see him out there again.

I have only seen Robbie in one Wild game and it looked like he was doing alright. I remember in his Badger days, he was about as lazy as they come. He'd do figure 8's in front of the net waiting for a pass. I have no complaints about his talent however; he's gifted with the puck. I just hope he continues to put forth the effort that's needed in the NHL.

Watching the game right now - Robbie is having a good game so far, creating some good offense.

The Wild need to stop getting all three forwards in the corners in the offensive zone. I don't know how many times they've done it this game, but it always ends up the same - a rush up ice to try and get back into the play.

One more thing kinda off topic:

Gaborik leads the NHL in goals right now. To anyone saying we made a mistake getting rid of the old regime because we aren't at the top of the NW division, DR let him go for nothing...nothing. I know he didn't want to play here, but we should have gotten something for him...anything...a ham sandwich...anything. This is why we are in the situation we are in right now.

OK, back on topic - GO WILD!!!

Johnnson is not having his best game, on the other hand Backs is having a good game laugh

Once it went to the shootout I knew it was over. It seems like Koivu is the only one who can score in them.

I'd love to see Johnnson on the trading block. I've never really understood what Lemaire or Richards have seen in him. He's just not a consistent defensemen.

On another note, good game ahead of us tomorrow! Anyone going? I love watching the Stastny lose. wink

What do you mean, we have Sykora, Miettinen, Bouchard, Havlat, Burns...oh wait...this team seriously needs to get healthy.

JimBuck - completely agree, Johnnson just hasn't been on his game this year. He seem to cough the puck up lot and not make plays he needs to make on a fairly consistent basis.

Good game this afternoon, Hnidy totally hosed us on that 3rd goal against but good outcome.

Well, the newer guys seem to be really stepping up and contributing to the moderate offensive attack we are capable of. I'm not sure if the wild have scored 3 goals in the 1st all season? Anyways, something seems to be clicking the last couple games and it's working. Guillaume Latendresse (which literally translates to "the tenderness" or "the kindness") is continuing to play hard and physical in the corners. I think many guys are choosing to shoot instead of insisting on lacing a pass through and it seems to be working with a few clangers off the pipes last night and many more dangerous opportunities to put one away. I think were starting to see a better Minnesota Wild. Those first liners better start picking up their game because were showing some serious depth.

The players seem to be adapting or buying into the new system alittle more. They seem to playing as a team. I think it can only get better. Its been alot of fun to watch lately.

That game last night should not have been as close as it was. We hit 3-4 pipes and two of the Nashville goals should not have happened (people falling down at inopportune times)

It's nice to see new talent work to get points. The Pouliot trade is looking pretty good now!

The Wild are starting to look more potent especially our top line! Some of the new guys are playing really well and hopefully the system is becoming more familiar now. Still a lot of hockey left to play!

It's a nice thing to see after that start we had. The Anti - Koivu - Brunette line is looking nearly unstoppable. Nice to see Latendress and Ebbett working out too.

a game I thought was lost tonight, well we win in the shootout. the line scored plenty tonight, they are hot. now its on the road for five games.

That top line is looking sharp! The Wild have a nice little streak going, hopefully they can stay hot.

the wild continue to win, thats like 5 in row, they are very hot now, its probally a good time to be on this long road trip.

Their forechecking system has really come together nicely after a learning process. Several goals in recent games have come on turnovers in the other teams end of the rink. I think they will climb fast in the standings in the next month as they seem to have found confidence in the system.

Bruno's like a magician behind the net. No look backhand passes right to the tape. Not the fastest or youngest guy out there, but he continues to make great use of what he has.

I also agree that the newer guys are contributing huge. They've been fun to watch.

It's just amazing how Bruno holds onto the puck sometimes. You think he's about to lose it, then he tosses it in between his skates and two seconds later is passing it in front of the net while two guys watch what just happened.

That no looker to Miettinen was pretty stellar.

Lattendresse seems to be doing what the coaching staff was asking Pouliot to do. He goes into the corners, uses his size and fights for every puck within 10 feet of him. If the puck isn't within 10 feet of him, he gets there and tries to make something happen. He just works harder than Pouliot ever did. Gotta love it!

How much longer do we have to watch Havlat skate around at half speed? Seriously, the guy needs to take a class called Moving Your Feet 101