• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Looking for fantasy advice...

Deitz Dittrich

Ok.. Need advice... I am still falling further behind as I cant seem to put a full team on the court.. I have no choice but to get rid of Bogut, and am going to drop Nate Robinson as well as he has done NOTHING!.. I need just about everything, but probably need steals and assists the most. Rebounds as well.. all these guys are available, who would be my best choice if not my best 2 choices... Keep in mind, I may only keep this new pick up for a week or two at most.

Kenyon Martin

Corey Maggette

Brad Miller

Dahante Jones

Allen Iverson

Will Bynum

Shane Battier

Ersan Ilasova

There are more.. obviously.. currently I am thinking of picking up Martin and Maggette, but really likeing Jones in the last week as well.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deitz Dittrich

• Juan Grande

• Scott M

• Jigger Here

Deitz,

I would grab Dahntay Jones out of that group. He's blocking almost 2 shots per game from the SG position and has been putting up great all around numbers. His minutes might drop some with the return of Dunleavy, but I'd still pick him up.

Probabaly Maggette second out of that group, but he won't help you much in the cats you need.

Thanks Juan.. I always respect your opinions on this.. I have looked online quite a bit this morning and agree with you. I also really like Ilyaslovas numbers.. Might try to pick up those 2 and put Maggette up as a third option if I cant get Jones and or Ilya..

My team is still out in first, but injuries are racking up. CP3 has a high ankle sprain, Bogut is out a month, Tyrus Thomas is out for a while...Looking at the standings, it appears that I've been playing the dregs of the league to start things out. Being a realist I can tell you that I could slide down a few spots until people get healthy...however, I have an unusual idea. Iverson is on my team, and the Knicks declined picking him up. I'm guessing he may be out of basketball for this year since he doesn't want to come off the bench for anyone. Anyways, Kevin Martin was dropped by his owner and sits at the top of our heap of free agents. Martin is out 6-8 weeks with a fractured wrist that they are letting heal instead of getting season ending surgery for. I'm wondering if I should drop Iverson, who wasn't playing anyways, and sit on Martin until he's ready...it could put me over the top when playoff time comes. Any opinions on this one?

I like it if you can afford to have hurt players on your bench.. I to have Martin, and had Bogut up until today. I also have Jameer Nelson.. So I just had to many hurt dudes.. Martin is a stud and I think he will help near the end of the season.

Deitz,

The insight on Jones is not from heavy duty research. I played against him last week and couldn't believe the numbers he was putting up. Indy is winning and they'd be nuts to reduce his minutes too much.

My team sitting in first to but happy as no one on my team has got hurt, so until then, i hope to stay out front.

I was just gonna scoop him up but someone got him this morning. He was on my watch list...with Jackson gone he's getting the PT.

Morrow is still available. I gave him a very good look this last week as I ended up giving on McGrady and Bogut for health reasons.. I got Jones and Ilyasova.

I also made a trade, not a good one on my part.. but since I am in last with no hopes for the season, I am building for the future. We are a Roto league with a Auction draft, so eerybody has equal chance at everybody if your willing to spend your salery cap. You have to keep a few on your team, I think 4 from the eyar before, so if you have some good cheap guys, you will have more to spend on good expensive guys. So I ended up trading away Derrick Rose and Nate Robinson, and in return got Paul Millsap($4) and Thaddius Young($3).. both guys who are doing well, Millsap will do much better when boozer gets hurt, which will eventually happen.. just a matter of time. Made a ton of changes as of late.. so here is my current team and their $ ammnts. Keep in mind all free agents are $10 when you pick them up.

CDR $10

Jennings $10

Jones $10

Deng $3

Hill $1

Iguadalla $33

Turkoglu $19

Villanueva $4

Young $3

Bargnani $10

Gasol $24

Kevin Martin $16

Jameer Nelson $20

Paul Millsap $4

As I said, trying to build for next year at this point and maybe try not to loose as the guy who gets last place has to buy the beer for next years draft night..

Well, today is a happy day. As of this morning, I am no longer in last place.. I'm in second to last.. but at least its not last.. 8-)

Good job!

That was a pretty good deal for you. I think Rose is over rated for fantasy and Millsap's value will go up if Boozer gets traded which sounds likely. I think Thaddeus has under achieved so far and could play better from here on out.

I'm currently sitting at 1-4, but have the second best "Breakdown" record which means I'd be in second place if we played every team every week. Translation, I'm just having tough luck. I've lost three out of four games on Sunday night in the 4th quarter of the final game of the week. This past week it was Pau Gasol getting six assists against me when I had a five assist lead.

Bogut had a double double last night, so he's back. I cut Louis Williams who was having a great season. If he's still around in 6 weeks I'll pick him up, earlier if I get healthy. Tyrus Thomas should be back next week. Despite getting pounded by injuries, I only dropped into 2nd place with a favorable matchup this week.

Looks like you were smart to cut Biedrins. They just posted that he has some abdominal injury that takes 4-6 weeks to heal and he's only 3 weeks in.

Biedrins was a good cut.. Actually all my cuts and trades I have been happy with except Bogut. Wish I would have held on. But he was supposed to be out at least 2 more week and I did not have the roster space to keep him. I hope the reports of D.Jones to be a starter soon are correct. And my new pick up of E. Ilyaslova continue to do well. I am having a great week so far, and as of today am in 7th overall. But most importantly I feel I have a team to build for for next year.

The guy I played against had 12 more games this week than I did!!!So I dropped 4 games behind first place into fourth. I'm taking on the first place guy, but CP3 is back.

Kevin Martin is still available...he may be back in 1 month. Should I pull the trigger now and stash him? I wish I knew what his ownership was in other roto or h2h leagues. Considering I've had at least 1-2 injured people on my roster for the last 2-3 weeks, what is there to lose?

I won't pick him up yet and waste your games played, i was able to get Love 3 days before he came back so I'd wait for a week maybe and try get him

Hey Da- I also have Martin and have held on to him from the start.. my league is through CBS Sports.. and it says he is owned in 98% of the leagues..

I did however get rid of McGrady, in hopes that if I did I would be able to get him before he came back.. someone picked him up last week..

I am making a move this week.. Getting rid of Dahante Jones, and hoping to get Felton, Landry or Hughes..

My team is just about back at full force now. Here's who I have:

Kaman

Biedrins

Noah

Bynum

Love

Murphy

C.Anthony

Durant

Morrow

Terry

Iverson

D.Williams

I'm 2-4 despite the fact that my team has performed well. I play the best team in the league so moving to 3-4 would be big.

I'm thinking about offering D.Williams and Anthony for Paul and Jamison. What do you guys think?

Anthony is a bigger name, but I don't need the 10 PPG I'd be losing by downgrading to Jamison and Paul is so good. Not even close between he and Willams.

Well... I am selling my team off to build for next year.. Trying to get cheeper players to free up money for next years draft.. Am in the midst of a 6 person deal..

Tell me if I am crazy.. I will list the price and how many years of contract left... keep in mind we get $170 for draft day and need to get 15 guys. Top guys usually go for high $30 even low $40(IE Kobe ect.. ) you can keep guys 3 years(contract at that price you draft at> and then can have a 4th year for an additional $10

I give up.

Kevin Martin(final Year of contract, can not renew)

Andre Iguodala($33, this is his first year of contract, but could probably draft him again next year for less? he cost me this much as he was one of the last elite players left during the draft)

Andrea Bargnani ($10 and in second year of contract)(i am most sad of giving Barn up as he is a bargain at $10 and would have kept him for sure)...

I get..

Danny Granger ($17 and has one year left on his contract. I would keep him for sure at that price.)

Rodney Stucky ($3 and in his first year of contract, so I could keep him next year cheap which would free up a lot of money to go after a big name guy.)

Jason Thompson($1, again decent player easy keep at $1 and again frees up a ton of cap...)

Thinking of pulling this off... anyones thoughts?

I would totally do it at those prices. Martin isn't going to play this year anyway. This trade could set you up to move into the top half of the league if you draft well next year.

My trade proposal of Ben Gordon and Marc Gasol for Danny Granger and Courtney Lee was accepted. I will have to stash Granger for a month, but my plan is to make a serious run at the end of the season when Granger is back. I look at it like I got Gasol off the wire the first week of the season and Gordon is expendable with as many guards as I have (not to mention already owning Stuckey).

I have two guys hot for Rondo. I'm considering keeping him at all costs. One guy offered me straight up Deng for Rondo. I kind of like keeping Rondo because with him and Paul I'm dominating assists and a/t%, if you have good guards you should win steals, assists, a/t%, and in some cases points. I think I'm going to reject the Deng trade. Tyrus Thomas may be traded and/or come back so Deng's minutes are going to suffer.

No way I would trade Rondo for Deng if you do category based scoring. Steals and assists are tough to find and Rondo is great at both.

Sounds like a good deal Deitz. Bargnani would be the only guy I'd have trouble giving up, but you'd get Granger cheap for next season.

Well I made the deal.. it went official today.. So I can start both my new dudes and wait for granger to get better.. I think its a very good deal for me for next year. It also helped out the person I traded with as he needed 3pt shots bad.. I will miss Bargnani, but will really like Stuckey and Granger once healthy.

Martin is off our wire. I kinda wished I would have picked him up now because I found out Ty THomas is out for another couple weeks. If I'm wasting a roster spot it may as well be for Martin. The Granger trade went through...I guess we'll see how the season plays out.

Granger is very solid all around and helps out in the hard-to-find categories of blocks and steals. Hopefully he can overcome his injury problems.

When is Martin supposed to be back?

Martin is supposed to be early Jan according to Roto and CBS..

I made a free agent move again this morning(ours have to be in by midnight Tuesday.. I got rid of D.Jones..he was doing nothing for me, and picked up Erick Dampier( I need blocks and rebounds in a bad way.)

• 1 month later...

Holding down first place right now. Kevin Martin was picked up around Christmas time, but splitting time with Tyreke Evans has been tough on both players, so I'm glad I didn't get Martin.

My drafted bigs have been outstanding! David Lee, Andrew Bogut, and Zach Randolph have been having career years. I dealt Marc Gasol and the injured Ben Gordon for Courtney Lee and Danny Granger. Granger came back from injury on time and has been a solid scorer. I needed one more scorer and he seems to be that guy. Despite being a guard heavy team, I still often win rebounds with my rotations at the 4 and 5 spots. I hardly ever win blocks, but my guard lineup is killing with steals. The other drawback of a guard heavy team is lower FG%, although you would think my team would be full of good FT shooters. I'm about .500 in that category. Still, I tend to win enough categories to win for the roto week.

My guards have been keeping up their early season pace. Rondo and Paul are lights out with assists. Rodney Stuckey has one really nice game once a week and plays consistent. Iguodala and Joe Johnson do a little bit of everything.

The end of my bench fills in the empty cracks. Tyrus Thomas, Mike Dunleavy, Courtney Lee, and Iverson occasionally have a good game.

I can feel myself rolling along if I can stay healthy. Two more months of regular season, then playoffs start.

Of course no sooner do I post this do I learn that Paul tore some knee ligaments and is out a month...I'm in first place but will have to battle to make the playoffs without Paul. The last guy in our league for playoffs is only 10 games back of . Two bad weeks and I could fall far.

• 2 weeks later...

That's tough about Paul. I have the ultimate wuss Carmelo Anthony on my team who has been out 2+ weeks with a sprained ankle. He's been driving owners crazy because he sounds probable EVERY night and then doesn't play. He says he's not coming back until he's 100%.

I just traded K.Love for Josh Smith to help boost my blocks and steals. I wish Biedrins would start playing more consistently. Here's my current team

C-Kaman

C-Biedrins

C/PF-Noah

PF-Murphy

PF/SF-Josh Smith

SF-Carmelo

SF-Durant

SG-Terry

PG-D.Williams

PG-Brooks

Bench-Diaw

Bench-Felton