• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

PVC Duck Blind Build

SportFishin'

Here is the finished frame after a couple hours today. This blind will be able to pack up flat and fit in a bag about 48" long. I used 3/4" PVC. It will be wrapped with Max 4 Camo pattern material with the die-cut holes in it from HT and once in the field touched up with some local vegetation. Still trying to figure out some clips to clip the camo material aroung the 3/4" tubes.

It is 10' long 4' deep with the walls 39" high with a 45 degree pitch on the roof. works good with a blind chair in it. Should be penty of room for 3-4 hunters plus a dog or two.

Front Iso View

DSCN0460.jpg

Rear Iso View

DSCN0461.jpg

Side View

DSCN0463.jpg

Regards,

Chris

Nice work. Now just use black plastic cable ties to add the grass and other materials you want. Cable ties are handy for a lot more than holding cable!!

Woodduck got it exactly right, it will break VERY easy when cold. Ive seen it happen alot, with my dad and three uncles being plumbers. But i still love the blind

Yeah I know the concerns about the cold & pvc. But here in Southern Montana the temp during Waterfowl season average about 40-45 degrees until early december. After the Yellowstone River freezes up we are hunting along hot spring ponds & sloughs until the end of the season in Jan. and we have previously built blinds on these spots. This blind was made to conceal 3-4 guys for most of the early season along the rivers out here until they are frozen up. If a tube breaks here and there it wont be a big deal to replace them when they are $1.27 per 10 feet. I tried to make all the tubes a uniform length cut at 39" so if they break it would be easy to cut another and it could be replaced any where.

I like the zip tie idea but want to be able to break it down for moving it from place to place. We were thinking of using the die cut holes & some brown parachute to secure it down.

I'll share some photoas after I have it wrapped on friday & set on our first spot on opener on Saturday.

Regards,

Chris

My dad built blinds for our duck boats and used rings to attach netting. Aanother way we attached it was just to slide the netting over the tubing through the holes in the netting...

Well got it wrapped in camo but not in use yet. Went out for opener to a smaller spot after sharptail hunting so didn't set it up. Here are some shots of it. I used parachute cord with a taught line hitch tied from the bottom side to tighten it up around the frame and used shower curtain hangers to make the connections worked out slick!

DSCN0464.jpg

DSCN0465.jpg

DSCN0466.jpg

DSCN0467.jpg

DSCN0470.jpg

Regards,

Chris

• 4 years later...

Anybody else have any plans for duck blinds??

Was thinking of making something like this only using 2x2's. Looking to make something that I can put by a slough but move it yearly if its in the wrong spot, want something that comes over the top to hide you from the ducks that circle around.

Thanks for any ideas or plans that you have!!!