• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
RumRiverRat

2009 Waterfowl Photos

BigWadeS

Great job everyone on the early season pics!

Scott M

Boy, if I'm ever going to get my band total up I gotta move up to Bemidji where all the state waterfowl biologists do their banding. Nice work quackaddict.

Fred_Bear

Pics of 3 hunts from my early season

431347626_1498766423_0.jpg

431970381_1501065204_0.jpg

9023_154621071263_502501263_3535467.jpg

1 band out of 96 birds so far... ouch

Quackaddict9

1 band out of 96?

Well that's not so bad like some people get it. We've started to shoot bands this year and one last year where me and the guys have been hunting for the last 5 years! Before that we had 0 for I don't know 250-300 geese.

Good job, keep grindin' em!

Fred_Bear

Yeah I usually don't get too excited about jewelry, just this year because a group of guys I know got 5 bands and a neck collar in 1 hunt outta the same general area I've been hunting all early season. I couldn't believe it til I saw the picture.

WalleyesWest

Quack way to stack them up!!! You must know Cory???? Lots of DRC?? He used to hunt with us up around Warroad.... We have managed to stack up 227 so far this year with 3 bands kinda low band count considering the area. To all of you guys who wonder what we do with hundreds of geese. I personally smoke 75% of mine, best way to use them up. I usually give away most of them to the farmers along with walleye, and eat the rest. Once its processed "SMOKED, CANED, JERKEY...." no longer part of your possesion limit.

Quackaddict9

Quack way to stack them up!!! You must know Cory???? Lots of DRC?? He used to hunt with us up around Warroad.... We have managed to stack up 227 so far this year with 3 bands kinda low band count considering the area. To all of you guys who wonder what we do with hundreds of geese. I personally smoke 75% of mine, best way to use them up. I usually give away most of them to the farmers along with walleye, and eat the rest. Once its processed "SMOKED, CANED, JERKEY...." no longer part of your possesion limit.

I hope you are not over your posession limit grin I'll have to try the smoked goose, never tried that. But boy, you guys have shot a ton of geese lol, keep whackin' and stackin'!

Yea I know Cory and he did hunt around Warroad quite a bit in the past years.

morefishplease

Great pics Quackaddict!!!

JAR JAR

Three guys 9 honkers last sunday northern Wisconsin

ATT00026.jpg

Jar Jar

WalleyesWest

Yea quack Cory hunted with us 65% of the time when he was up here. You might remember the War Wagon pics of us with the Polaris ranger with mat tracks!! It was a sweet rig. We failed to get our limit for the first time this year today. We had a freshly swated barley field this morning Yea Barley.. really late up here with some of the crops. managed 13 for 2 guys and 2 kids shooting 410's we would let the geese land so they could ground pound them. lol not very sporting but at 7 and 9 years old who cares. We got our 10 but the little ones struggled lots of shooting and lol!!!!

fishuhalik

If any of you guys in the metro have a couple birds left over after a good day and don't wanna clean 'em, I wouldn't mind taking a few off your hands. Email me at jeff _ lynch 55 at yahoo dot com.

ec30_06

5 man early goose limit this morning

008-4.jpg

WallyGader

Another comment on the goose numbers. You would be surprised how easy it is to get rid of alot of goose meat. Between family and friends it goes fast. Smoked goose sticks with cheese is the BEST hands down, delicious! The ultimate ice fishing, and hunting snack.

Quackaddict9

Walleyeswest- I remember that rig! Way to get the youths out today...some of us and Cory will be taking out a few youths tomorrow morning in a public plowed wheat field that is holding good #'s of ducks.

I was out this morning with one other and shot 10 plus a band as well. Pics to come later in week!

Scott M

Nice job Quack and EC...keep em coming.

Quackaddict9

Hunted on Friday morning and shot our limit plus a band

IMG_0786.jpg

Saturday morning some of us took youths out for duck hunting, hunted geese in the evening shot 5 more.

This morning shot 25 more for 4 guys, 1 gal and 2 bands. No pictures, I was having some difficulties with my camera so I'll try to get some pics from the guys I hunted with today. Looking forward to Waterfowl Opener- the Ducks are thick!

Tyler23

well i wanted more of a specific location haha im j/k... hope you do well you guys oviously know what your doing great job!!

ZEEK1223

Quackaddict9, do you guys do guided hunts? Could be a great way do make some $$$$ Limiting out every hunt is no small feat, nice work.

Gordie

Hey Quack keep up the good work and hope to someday join you on a hunt. You guys really got it down and what ever you do dont stop cause I for one love to see all the pics and stories that go along with the hunt. early goose season was implimented for thinning the flock and you guys are or seem to do a great job of it.

snowgoose

I don't have any pictures to share but we ended the season with 10 more birds this past weekend. Total for the early goose season for our group is 41 birds.

Headed to Saskatchewan Friday morning. I am trying to get the knots out of my stomach. We are going to a new area and I am nervous to say the least. Just talked with the hotel we are staying at and they are seeinf lots of birds.

I'll post again when I return.

fishkid

this is why i love this site because i say one thing and people get blown out of propertion it was a total joke i just think its funny how the sterotypical goose and duck hunters are always wearing a prostaffer hoodie so take a chill pill buds. now i suppose i better put up my pics with out my prostaffer hoodies

goosehuntin.jpg

0920091407a-1.jpg

gooseopener.jpg

BoxMN

Fishkid, are you wearing a skirt in that middle pic? smile j/k! Good job on the hunts!

ChuckN

First of all, great pictures and success this year for some of you!

sig- tell "Duckaholic" to quit cheating on the geese on the golf course...love that comment... lol

Let's keep this thread to pictures and positive notes from now on. wink

Quackaddict9

Zeek- no we don't do guided hunts but we could if we really wanted to. I don't like the idea of Leasing fields if need to, its more to be out with friends and enjoy this time of the month!

Snow- Saskatchewan will be a blast! I've always wanted to go there! Freelancing or guides? Good luck and post pics when you get back!

Oh for the kids "Team DRC" put down 25 more and 2 bands yesterday morning (its what its all bout fellas!) wink It will be aired on Focus Outdoors later in June.

fishkid

i get this all the time but yes it is...try chasing down a cripple in a skirt and you can run way faster then in shorts! actually some supposivly nice shorts a girl bought me that are now full of blood and mud

french_lake_kid

How does the blood rinse off of the front window? grin nice skirt and pics too btw, gota do what works 4 you whistle

iceman1603

Heres a couple pics from early goose in upstate NY. This past sunday am. Sorry bout the pic quality just cell phones, nobody thought to bring a real camera. 19 birds total in 45 mins

IMG00223-20090920-1020.jpg

IMG00221-20090920-0959.jpg

Ray1

Nice job guys.

snowgoose

Hey Quack

We freelance in Canada. I don't see any reason to have a guide up there. Permission is much easier to get in Canada. Most farmers want the birds off of their fields and I am more than willing to help them out.

Quackaddict9

Hey Quack

We freelance in Canada. I don't see any reason to have a guide up there. Permission is much easier to get in Canada. Most farmers want the birds off of their fields and I am more than willing to help them out.

just curious, some have guides some don't. I have never had problem getting permission here in MN...guess it's just where I hunt.

Here are some pictures from last Sunday.

Homo.jpg

IMG_2211.jpg

IMG_2243.jpg

IMG_2282.jpg

IMG_2283.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

IMG_2337.jpg

hardware

landingband.jpg