• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Muskie456

HSO Bear Photo's

Walleye Guy

There are no rules that I am aware of on temperature or humidity when it comes to the drying period for antlers or skulls.

Archerysniper

I have heard of people drying thier antlers in tubs of water for the 60 days

mudslinger64

i shot this guy with my bow right before dark last night.very nice coat on him but i almost passed because i wanted the blonde i had seen last thursday he looked nice so i put him down.what a pain it was getting him out,he ended up running down into some very thick brush for about 75 yards from my bait.it kind of reminded me of dragging him through a hairbrush,i had to drag him about 400 yards but i got him out.

bbbp.jpg

Coach1310

Nice bear Mudslinger..... those darn animals always run AWAY from the truck and into the think stuff when shot, don't they!!

Congrats on the bear!

Boar

Very nice mudslinger very nice, ya i never park my truck in the right spot either. Congratulations. You guys look like best buds hanging out on the tailgate at keg. Boar

mudslinger64

haha,ya we bonded on our way out of the brush.it was an experience i won't soon forget.my bro in law was with me and kept offering to switch out on the drag but i figured i shot it so i will get it out, i told him you just keep me going in the right direction.we made it but it was a tough one.

Buck_Story

First off, this is my first bear, so most of what I know I learned from you guys and other bear hunters I know. So thanks for all the advise..I got him on the northeast side of the Ponsford prairie. I had 3 different bears coming in almost every night(the big one showed up once the first week of baiting and then disappeared for over a week). Opening night I passed on a small bear hoping the big guy would show up, he didn’t. My trail cam showed me he was around but hitting an hour after I left my stand, and that he had chased the other three bears away. So on the third night I short baited(left very little food) him and soaked the area in liquid smoke(a new sent for this bait station). I was hoping this new aroma would be too much for to pass up and it was. at 8:10 I saw his head in some tall swamp grass off to my right about 35 yards away. I was not sure he was the big one yet but I had a pretty good idea that it was him since he was the only bear on my camera the night before. As happens when sitting in the same position for 3 hours my legs where stiff and not cooperating, so when he walked behind some bushes on the way to the bait I made a pain full move to get into a good shooting position, I made it into position by the time he cleared the bushes. My bait is under a pretty heavy canopy of trees, so anticipating a bear coming in under low light conditions I had added a sprinkling of flour around the beaten down area around the bait, I figured this would allow me to hunt safely till the end of legal shooting. When he started eating the bait I had a perfect outline of his head, shoulders and front legs, it was easy to put my crosshairs on the lung area and shoot. the bear turned, took two steps and fell over, and as many have described made the "death roar". I called a few friends to help me load it into the back of my ranger, good thing there where some tagalongs because it took 6 of us to get it in. Boy did I have a blast.

Congrats on the first bear, and great story too! That would definitely be a great one for our homepage!

Good luck the rest of the season!

Buck_Story

haha,ya we bonded on our way out of the brush.it was an experience i won't soon forget.my bro in law was with me and kept offering to switch out on the drag but i figured i shot it so i will get it out, i told him you just keep me going in the right direction.we made it but it was a tough one.

HaHa, and I thought dragging deer was tough, I gotta get into bear hunting!

Matt Breuer

After baiting hard this season, and waiting and passing for the past couple of weeks I was rewarded. I've had 10 different bears on camera, one giant, and two cinnamon bear. I had decided to wait until I had the big boar or one of the colored bears in the bait. Friday night I had this smaller, but beautiful cinnamon come in to the cinnamon rolls, and after a clean shot, I had my trophy.

img4622x.jpg

mudslinger64

way to go,good job!!!

Gofishleech

Nice looking bear Matt!!

Matt Breuer

Thanks guys! I wish I had gotten pictures right away when it was still light out. That coat sure was beautiful with the sun shining down on it!

DoubleLunger

Nice, have always wanted a color phase bear.

Boar

Very nice matt, Congratulations!! I want a cinnamin really bad, that would be my one rug. Good for you. Boar

bassNspear

mudslinger, nice looking bear? Maybe i mised it, but how big was it?

Cooter

Was in the local paper last week. 658 live and 564 dressed. Green score of 21 and 10/16. Will have pics of the 12 year olds bear soon.

BigBear-1.jpg

mudslinger64

bass N spear i never got it weighed but we were guessing about 225-230,we got 110lbs of boned meat from it so not to bad.now i just need to see a few deer and i'll be good....

bassNspear

Awesome!

COOTER.........................Thats a Hawg!

mrklean

cooter that thins is a beast, get us more info please

Cooter

I'll get some more info - been away lately.

Here's the kids bear, 580lbs don't know if that live or dressed though. A beast nonetheless.

Luck1.jpg

Luck2.jpg

Luck3.jpg

Luck4.jpg

Matt Breuer

What a brute! Congrats to him!

I saw pics up at Fourtown of a giant this year as well. They said roughly 600 and it scored roughly 22-23 green.

A lot of nice bears this year!

mrklean

another great looking bear nice job

DoubleLunger

BEAST!

HNTNBUX

I shot this one Sept 6th after a long dry spell.

bearpic.jpg

mudslinger64

congrats,nice looking bear....