• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trading or releasing T-Jack by Friday?

FISHINGURU

[Not that it really matters but just to be sure you get your facts straight...it's only 3 years later not 4 years later. It's only the beginning of his 4th season. Maybe your opinions of T-Jack are just as on target?

hey good one rick! except this is junksons 4th season.

Action Jackson!!

whats the world record for how many yards past the line of scrimmage a person has tried to throw the ball?

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fishin58

• gr8icefishinmind

• LMITOUT

• FISHINGURU

You guys should just all meet "behind the pines" and settle this once and for all. Seriously...you're tormenting yourselves over two "back-up" q-backs. Go Favre!!

hey don't mind us we have been waiting for football season since the day it ended...actually it never ends....but we are so close to the season opener we can taste it!!!

do people actually get angry on here? that would be funny if someones day was ruined because of the football forum lol.

that would be funny if someones day was ruined because of the football forum lol.

Vikings fans don't need this forum to ruin their whole day. After all, they have the Vikings to do that. Oooooooohhhh. gringrin

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

It's all in good fun as far as I'm concerned. Even though FG and JW are a bit mis-guided they're great guys to banter back and forth with. laugh

Hey Bagder... just a suggestion... your contrived BIT was one of the more refreshing things in the Football forum here at FM. Originally you offered a rather interesting, insightful and open minded analysis of NFL football in general with fair and balanced criticizem and praise of both the Vikings and Packers football organizations.

If your going to resort to cheap shots and the usual bashing of us Minnesota sports fans and our opinions like Mudcutters pretty accurite take above, why bother logging out of your real identity and log-in as Badger guy we get of enough the same ole same ole silly stuff.

Just a suggestions... winkwinkwink

I wouldn't say "And thats why you have never heard from any credible source for instance. ESPN, FOX sports and any local sports person that Sage Rosen-Terrible is better and has clearly beat out T-Jack."

StarTrib.....Childress noted Sage Rosenfels' "good command," "rhythm," and how he "got the football up the field" in Friday's opener, but still isn't naming Rosenfels the starter. Rosenfels is clearly the better, more reliable option. Childress is putting him at an irresponsible disadvantage by continuing to limit Rosenfels' reps in a camp timeshare with the far less effective Jackson.

lol nice one steve...except what you really mean is we have t-junk to do that!!

hartner...you can't post reports like that around the junkson fans...they will just ignore it and say your crazy and misguided...i've yet to hear any reports or seen anything saying how junkson is better, more reliable, in more command, or more effective then sage...except for the 1st day or two of camp.

junkson has gained a little bit of some bandwagon fanbase for his big time preseason performance...its funny when you see people that have ripped him before or were to sally to step up for him if they did like him because of his poor performances all of a sudden come out and say how awesome he is now and how they knew he could do it lol!!!

what are we gonna see next week ? do you think it will be "action jackson" AKA t-awesome....or do you think it will be ms. jackson AKA t-junk/ junkson?

he went from the worse performing qb on the field the first week to the best performing qb the next week....should we flip a coin like we've always been able to do?

It's all in good fun as far as I'm concerned. Even though FG and JW are a bit mis-guided they're great guys to banter back and forth with. laugh

FG and JW are misguided? Pot meet kettle.

I wouldn't say "And thats why you have never heard from any credible source for instance. ESPN, FOX sports and any local sports person that Sage Rosen-Terrible is better and has clearly beat out T-Jack."

StarTrib.....Childress noted Sage Rosenfels' "good command," "rhythm," and how he "got the football up the field" in Friday's opener, but still isn't naming Rosenfels the starter. Rosenfels is clearly the better, more reliable option. Childress is putting him at an irresponsible disadvantage by continuing to limit Rosenfels' reps in a camp timeshare with the far less effective Jackson.

Nice try and editing job! You may want to check out Judd Zulgad and Skip Scroggins blogs and articles beforte you post edited snipits and out of context and incomplete articles from them.

Here's Skip Scroggins from last week if that is who you are trying to quote.

"Well, I sure am glad Favre is here because as far as I'm concerned after watching this closely we don't have a clear winner in the QB competition it appears to me that both Rosenfels and Jackson don't have what it takes to get us to the next level"

LOL! Good try though!

Anyway Guru you must have meant this Friday that your buddy was going to be traded for a 7th rounder heh? grin

In all seriousness, this whole T-Junk thing does not bother me. We have a capable QB that will be throwing the ball this season and not him. I have never said I think that Sage is any better(though quite frankly I do think he is). I have seen enough of T-Junk to say that I do not want him starting for the vikings(but who am I to say who starts, I am only a fan who loves my team!). I just want the Vikings to win games, and HOPEFULLY get to the Superbowl and WIN. I know it is a lot to ask for. I DO know that we ALL(Vikings fans) want one thing for sure.....To beat the tar out of the rest of the teams we play!!

Anyway Guru you must have meant this Friday that your buddy was going to be traded for a 7th rounder heh? grin

i just posted the thread based on some articles i was reading and thought that would be great to dump this guy and take what we can get....read the article i posted in this thread that you think charley walters wrote.

good thing league personnel executives aren't as bandwagon as you guys are....his value was 5th at best but more then likely 6th or 7th....but after his big time performance in last fridays preseason game he should definetly fetch up a 1st or 2nd rounder now huh guys!!!!!!

heck even pier expected a trade to come pretty quick on the first page of this thread!! but after his knock out 2 quarters of ball where he ran a couple 13-14 yards past line of scrimmage then decided to pass or when he threw to the middle of the field with no time outs on a drive we should of scored on as time expired.....now all of a sudden he's worth big time picks or an instant starter lol!!!!!

The rumors where all hype anyways grin Rumors, Vikings, NFL, Quarterback???? laugh

Tarvaris "Rex" Jackson is not going any where! We need a starter next year wink

This is what it is all about wink

capt.4b931d96273841bf8b849020ce6b7324.vi

But for you Sage and Booty Lovers :

capt.4e4a3cc8c9554d6c92b6829e74048843.vi

It seems there is more than 5 TJ fans in MN:

Quote:
Schefter: Some Vikings still want Tarvaris Jackson under center

By MJD

Not everybody in Minnesota is so happy about Brett Favre's return that they could spray paint a goat, shave a "4" into it, and shove it in a trunk. Some people still want to shave a "7" into their goat, thank you very much.

According to Adam Schefter, there are a number of Tarvaris Jackson loyalists in Minnesota, and many of them happen to play for the Vikings. Schefter filed this tweet last night, and also mentioned it during halftime of the preseason game on ESPN:

Make no mistake, TJack still has supporters in Vikes locker room. Some players believe he gives Vikes best chance to win. Always something.

Aside from teammates who are loyal to Jackson out of friendship, I'm sure there are other guys who have seen Jackson in camp and at practice, putting in the work and the sweat just like everyone else.

I think it's only natural to have some feelings of resentment towards the new guy, who conveniently waited until after training camp to show up, was literally chauffeured in by the head coach, had the starting job and his number four just handed to him and immediately captured 100% of the media attention focused on the team.

This is a case where -- to borrow a phrase from John Madden -- winning will be a great deodorant. If Brett Favre comes in, plays well and helps the Vikings win games, all will be forgotten. Or at the very least, pushed to the back burner.

If the Vikings happen to lose three or four of their first five, though, there will be no deodorant that can handle that stench. The T-Jack loyalists will become more visible and more vocal, and then you're looking at a split locker room, which is maybe the most efficient way to submarine an entire season.

The stakes will be high early for Favre and the Vikings.

exactly...just like the article says there is a NUMBER of tjunk loyalists...its just sad that the NUMBER is 5.

its all media hype....what a perfect story....favre plays less then stellar and junkson lights it up...if you would of talked to 99% of them same people after junksons horrid performance in the 1st game it would be different....thats what the bandwagon is all about.

can anyone show me any quotes from any vikings players that say junkson is anything more then capable? everyone likes to use the term capable when talking about him.

but when favre showed up all the players were super excited and say how he brings that ora and leadership with him thats noticable right away...how he's been there done that and can do it again....our franchise players that were texting favre to get him here.

maybe its some of the 3rd and 4th stringers on the team?

someone should tell them players that even if favre wasn't here he still wouldn't be the starter....BOOMSHAKALAKABOOM!!

Hey Bagder... just a suggestion... your contrived BIT was one of the more refreshing things in the Football forum here at FM. Originally you offered a rather interesting, insightful and open minded analysis of NFL football in general with fair and balanced criticizem and praise of both the Vikings and Packers football organizations.

If your going to resort to cheap shots and the usual bashing of us Minnesota sports fans and our opinions like Mudcutters pretty accurite take above, why bother logging out of your real identity and log-in as Badger guy we get of enough the same ole same ole silly stuff.

Just a suggestions... winkwinkwink

Quote:
From Mudcutter

HEy Badger-Wadger-

you like bashing the MN teams--?? I like hating Wisky teams.

I hope the Hawkeyes throw you a thrashing like you never seen.

PLease get rid of Aaron Rodgers on your Avatar-- it's lame.

Put up Kampman or something like that, or Hodge.

Badgers going down this year both to the HAWKS and gophs!!!!

This is what started it Pier...He went after me and I didn't appreciate it. I'll ignore his (and others) personal attacks as best I can in the future wink I've noticed you get pretty defensive at times too wink Looking forward to the season...how many times do I have to say I enjoy watching many of the Vikings players? I respect a lot of the people that post in the football forum (including you).....others not so much!

You guys! grin

Click Here To See Badger and Pier Last Year LOL! Scroll down a couple posts!

Shack who would want to read anymore non-sense from Pier "mainly" or Badge. Frankly I've even had enough of myself...LOL

Fishguru I'll concede also that I have never seen a QB throw a pass that far down field in my life that was Hilarious.

Maybe he thought after Cassels did it the rules were changed or he could get away with it too!!

grin

Go Favre although I have my doubts!

There have been an awful lot of VERY GOOD college QB's, who couldn't cut it in the NFL. Maybe they didn't have the arm strength, maybe their release was too slow, maybe they couldn't read a defense, maybe they got hurt, but more than likely, for most of them, in my opinion, they just couldn't handle the pressure.

The ability to stay calm and lead in critical, pressure filled situations separates the best from the also rans. It separates successful kickers from failures. We don't get to see it, but I bet there's punters who come in to camp, and can hit it 60 yards in their back yard, but when coach is watching they shank it into the stands. Then go home and scratch there head, as they boom one 60 yarder after another.

Pressure does funny things to a person. Chuck Knoblauch, who played baseball his whole life, and was an all star 2nd baseman for the twins, suddenly couldn't throw the ball 90 feet for the yankees, because of the additional pressure.

David Duval, one of the top 2 golfers in the world at one point, got the yips and suddenly couldn't break 80.

Greg Norman down the stretch falling apart again and again. Phil Mickelson missing 2 foot puts over and over.

Rick Ankiel throwing 5 wild pitches in a playoff game.

The mens track team, one of the favorites, can't handle a simple baton pass under pressure.

I've been there. I'm a capable dart player, not awesome, but can hold my own. I subbed in for a team in a championship match, I may has well have thrown the darts with my feet. I couldn't hardly hit the dart board.

I played in a regional 8 ball pool tournament; winner advanced to the National tournament in Vegas. I went in as the 2nd rated player in Minnesota in the busch league. There were 32 players in my bracket, and prior to the tournament, I beat each of them multiple times at $5 a game. I owned all of them. Come tournament time, I ran the first table down to the 8, choked on a straight in shot, and couldn't make another shot the rest of the tournament and lost 6 games to NONE. I swear to god, I couldn't hit a 16" straight in shot with no english. I felt like someone strapped a refrigerator on my back when I leaned over, and had one of those blood pressure do-hickey's wrapped around my head, and the nurse was pumping it up to high.

I'm telling you, nerves eat most of us alive. Everything from choking on putts, to erectile disfunction.

Dante Culpepper could light up defenses, but when the really big game was on, as you may recall, he folded like a lawn chair in 30 mph wind. 41-0 ring a bell?

TJack can play some. With the supporting cast, he'll win you 9 games a year. If you're trying to win the division, and maybe a wild card round or two, he's fine. But if you're trying to win a superbowl, I'm sorry, he'll never win one, short of having the '85-86 bears, 00-01 ravens, or 02-03 bucs defenses.

It's all about pressure. My observation is TJack struggles when the pressure mounts. They could've gone to the playoffs the year before, with a win AT HOME over a beatable skins team, and TJack played HORRIBLE. Do any of you remember that game? The Philly game last year closed the book on him (for me). Watching that game, I felt like we had no shot to score in the 2nd half. The defense came up huge, time and again, and Tjack couldn't get it done. Again, the defensive coordinator for philly, said he has NEVER felt more confident in a game plan going in to a playoff game EVER. I don't know if that reflects poorly on the vikings vanilla offense or Tjacks inability to beat man coverage and blitzes but I'm guessing a little of both, and more of the latter.

If that game were on the road, I might be willing to cut him a little slack, but it was in a climate controlled dome, with your own fans, and tjack melted like icecream on the sidewalk.

You can't win in the NFL running around like a nervous chicken. Kordell stewart was a Tjack clone, and he couldn't win with pittsburg either.

Tjack can shine now and then, he really can. But when the pressure is really on, he checks out. It takes a special human being to play in front of 60000 fans. He's not special enough.

I haven't seen enough sage, so I'll just reserve judgement on him. Brett gives you an outside shot, if he stays healthy, but it's a stretch with his age too. He's had his share of playoff meltdowns to, however he may not need to do that much with us.

When John Elway finally won a couple superbowls, he wasn't asked to do too much, as they rode Terrell Davis for the most part. I'm hoping that's the sort of blue print these vikes can work with. They have the running game with AP, and a better defense than those Denver teams, coupled with an NFC playing field that has no clear cut favorite. Brett just has to do enough to keep the defense honest and off AP, something Tjack hasn't been able to do IN THE BIG GAMES!

I totally agree. What people that watch sports and even some than have been involved in sports forget is this; for every time you win it all,, you lose and have to learn to lose to be a TRUE champion. Most times, a guy loses more than he wins. But losing makes a champion.

Losing is not popular with fans, but they don't understand sports it comes with the game.

CUbs are a exception. They are really something differnt.

Travis Taylor, Marcus Robinson, T-Will, Koren Robinson, Robert Ferguson, Bethel Johnson, Todd Lowber, Billy Mcmullin, Sid Rice, Bobby Wade, so yeah....steller list of names TJ has had to work with.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I'm sorry I forgot you koonie. smile

Schefter: Some Vikings still want Tarvaris Jackson under center

By MJD

Not everybody in Minnesota is so happy about Brett Favre's return that they could spray paint a goat, shave a "4" into it, and shove it in a trunk. Some people still want to shave a "7" into their goat, thank you very much.

Make no mistake, TJack still has supporters in Vikes locker room. Some players believe he gives Vikes best chance to win. Always something.

Aside from teammates who are loyal to Jackson out of friendship, I'm sure there are other guys who have seen Jackson in camp and at practice, putting in the work and the sweat just like everyone else.

I think it's only natural to have some feelings of resentment towards the new guy, who conveniently waited until after training camp to show up, was literally chauffeured in by the head coach, had the starting job and his number four just handed to him and immediately captured 100% of the media attention focused on the team.

This is a case where -- to borrow a phrase from John Madden -- winning will be a great deodorant. If Brett Favre comes in, plays well and helps the Vikings win games, all will be forgotten. Or at the very least, pushed to the back burner.

If the Vikings happen to lose three or four of their first five, though, there will be no deodorant that can handle that stench. The T-Jack loyalists will become more visible and more vocal, and then you're looking at a split locker room, which is maybe the most efficient way to submarine an entire season.

All the reason to get rid of this waste of roster space. The fairweather Viking fans will start crying they want somebody else, in this case Jackson, if Favre has a few bad plays or they lose a few games. All this will do is cause chaos and second-guessing instead of fixing the problems such as bad coaching decisions, O-line play or Favre needing his rear-end chewed for making stupid throws. If Vikes rube thinks the solution is standing there holding the clipboard they are just kidding themselves once again, looking for the easy way out.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence for Vikings fans, but it needs to be mowed over there too.

That article outlined all the reasons why they need to dump #7, not why they should keep him.

great post analyser, you totally get it.

the pressure is on and you start to think to much, or doubt yourself, or even just try to hard and end up being horrible. some people step up big in them situations and some fold.

one of the things i liked hearing from favre is when he said he was just gonna go out there and make sure to do the basics without messing up like not tripping over his own feet or dropping a snap, ect,....not trying to build up the pressure...and just go play some ball.

For all you guys drooling over our NEW washed up early 90's drafted QB. We just signed another one for fg, koonie,leech, wad and James. James I hope there is enough film for you only about 2 hours....but wait thats about the same as Ground Sage!!

http://www.sportspickle.com/article:130/vikings-bolster-qb-depth-by-signing-former-texas-state-star-paul-blake

James is running on ....runing on empty...I always loved that one. So you been stalking me james, how do you know I haven't watched every minute of Ground Sages career? You rant and rave about how TJ, has had every opportunity? You don't think dufus Sage hasn't been given a shot in 9 years? Get REAL!

Again you show how much you really know. Sage has never been given a shot to start. The closest he has been to having a chance was in 07' due to Schaubs injuries. And if you knew anything whatsoever about Sage you would know that after the 07' season, texan fans were crying for Sage to be their starter. Multiple teams offered 3rd rounders for Sage at that point but the texans wouldnt move on it. Only after Schaub had a stellar 08' season did the texans feel alright about dealing him.

Jackson was twice now given the keys to the cadillac and did NOTHING with it. You list the recievers Jackson has been able to throw to and you leave out Berrian and Schiancoe? And then forget to mention having the luxury of handing off to AP??? You have anything else you want to add that might take away any shred of credibility you have left...??

People can disagree with me on Sage, thats fine. But i've seen both QB's play plenty and im forming an opinion on that. I'm not trying to form an opinion on something that i know 50% of.

For all you guys drooling over our NEW washed up early 90's drafted QB. We just signed another one for fg, koonie,leech, wad and James. James I hope there is enough film for you only about 2 hours....but wait thats about the same as Ground Sage!!

http://www.sportspickle.com/article:130/vikings-bolster-qb-depth-by-signing-former-texas-state-star-paul-blake

Isnt 2 hours better than the 2 plays that Jackson has on his highlight reel?

What is this...about post 50 of yours on this thread? A thread in which is debating Jackson and another QB in which you've never watched? Nothing you post on this subject holds any water. It has absolutely zero creedance. At least Pier has watched something of Sage, a guy can at least respect his opinion.

Like I just heard on KFAN, why doesnt someone show the 3 guys in the lockerroom that are backing Jackson the tape of the eagles playoff game, then you'll get a good refreshing on why you don't want him leading a playoff caliber team into a season.

Again you show how much you really know. Sage has never been given a shot to start.

Originally Posted By: james_walleye
Again you show how much you really know. Sage has never been given a shot to start.

Apparently he has also never outplayed the other quarterbacks and EARNED the right to start.

And if you knew anything whatsoever you would know that after the 07' season, texan fans were crying for Sage to be their starter.

Fans crying for the backup quarterback to start ---- WOW that NEVER happens, Sage must be outstanding indeed laugh

You list the recievers Jackson has been able to throw to and you leave out Berrian and Schiancoe?

I realize you've been busy breaking down all that NFL game film, but don't forget that Berrian wasn't here in 2007.... and that in 2007 Shiancoe dropped MANY, MANY, MANY catchable balls, including touchdowns ---- same problem with BAD drops in for the first couple games of 2008 when T-Jack started. Fans were calling for Shiancoe to be benched or cut, even P.A. said on record numerous times that Shiancoe should not be playing. It wasn't until part-way through last season, after T-Jack got benched, that Shiancoe started to look like a decent tight-end. So don't hold that against T-Jack --- Berrian wasn't even on the team for half of T-Jack's starts, and Shiancoe did a lot more harm than good in most of T-Jack's starts.

My only point is that I just don't think you automatically give the job to Sage and/or cut T-Jack at this point --- you've invested some games in him including a playoff game, and he seems to be playing better all the time. Why get rid of him now unless Sage is clearly better .... and there is nothing (yet) to show that he is????

The reason for the fans outcry after 07' was because he DID outplay Schaub, not because Schaub simply stunk it up. The offense worked much better when Sage was behind center.

If i remember right, most of the junk recievers he listed were not on the team last year, so they've only played half of Jacksons snaps as well. If your going to list the recievers Jackson has had to work with, you list them all. You don't just list the recievers that work for your arguement, and you don't leave out who he has handed the ball off to. Hes been trying to throw against 8 and 9 man fronts for 2 years now and hasnt been anywhere near consistent much less doing well against it. Thats vintage fishin58, he only knows half the story, and now he only lists half the story as well.

Hes been trying to throw against 8 and 9 man fronts for 2 years now and hasnt been anywhere near consistent much less doing well against it.

I'm not saying that T-Jack is a good NFL quarterback..... but you're ignoring or distorting the fact that when he came back at the end of last season he played well (or really well) in most of his games.

Sage is no more proven than T-Jack is.

Favre has been annointed the starter...but T-Jack and Sage still have to battle for the #2 spot, and it will be important, because I don't think there is any way that Favre's shoulder makes it through the season. I think we will see the Favre of the second half of last year with the Jets.

Originally Posted By: koonie

I'm sorry I forgot you koonie. smile

I've just been watching and laughing. wink

I don't really have any faith in TJack. Sage either really. Favre. I'm not sure what to think yet. I just want us to win. I would love to see us have a long term quarterback solution. I don't think that solution is on our roster.

At this point I think TJack would be better off playing for someone else. I can't see him playing with a whole lot of confidence with the way the situation has been handled, not only this year, but last year as well. Although he looked good last week.

Just win. Win ugly. Win pretty. I don't care! Just win it all!

There is no sense arguing who's better because it doesn't matter what we think and nobody is going to sway anybody else s opinion.