• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trading or releasing T-Jack by Friday?

FISHINGURU

read some articles and reports the team is looking to dump junkson by friday....that would rule if its true....GET IT DONE VIKES!!!!

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fishin58

• gr8icefishinmind

• LMITOUT

• FISHINGURU

Per a league source, the Vikings plan to make no moves, given the possibility that Favre (or maybe someone else) will get injured during the preseason.

We're also told that, while Favre will start Friday night's preseason game against the Chiefs, he'll participate in one drive "at most." Tarvaris Jackson then will get the balance of the work with the first-team offense, with Sage Rosenfels and John David Booty mopping up.

In the end, it remains to be seen whether the Vikings cut or trade one of the quarterbacks. The assumption is that Sage Rosenfels is safe. Jackson carries a base salary of only $535,000, which makes him an inexpensive No. 3 -- and possibly a candidate for a trade to a team like the Rams.

I look for a trade here fairly soon because there are quite a few teams in need of a back-up.

I would think something around a 5th rounder for T-Jack. And then just keep Booty for 3rd string and a possible miracle with him down the road which is a long shot at best.

As much as this boils your blood to no-end. I still think T-Jack when healthy is our 2nd best QB and I don't see Sage throwing for 9 tds and 2 intercetions with QB rating of 96 anytime soon like T-Jack did last year...

What Pier said, with the work we have put into TJ, it would be sad to see him go down the road.

Quick anybody....Who was the last QB the Vikes groomed for a few years and turned into a starting QB?

that would be an absolute steal if we can get a 5th rounder for him!

he's the 4th best qb on the team and his contract is done after this season and i doubt we plan on ever resigning him....thank god!!

The contracts of Sage and T-Jack do make it an easier decision as far as which one stays no-doubt...

and ..never mind...LOL

And for the record this won't be done by Friday especially with Sages Injury and T-Jack bumping back up to the number TWO QB...he/he haters

so fg and jim this also must make you very happy????

KEVIN SEIFERT, ESPN NORTH REPORTER.

"The only curious reaction has been that of the normally personable tailback Adrian Peterson, who has refused to speak with reporters for the past two days."

Adrian Peterson was texting Brett Favre 3 weeks ago trying to persuade him to come to MN, so im not sure where you think your going.

so fg and jim this also must make you very happy????

KEVIN SEIFERT, ESPN NORTH REPORTER.

"The only curious reaction has been that of the normally personable tailback Adrian Peterson, who has refused to speak with reporters for the past two days."

That's just the media PO'd at AP for not giving them juicy tidbits. They're implying AP discontent as a payback, and as a prod to hopefully get him to comment. As though he's no longer "personable" because he chooses not to talk to the media. Typical carp.

Thats cause he's so jacked up about Favre he doesn't want to wet himself just talking about it.....All he sees in the back of his mind now is 2,000.

Charley Walters thinks T-Jack will be traded or released by Friday -- he thinks a seventh-rounder is the best the Vikings could receive in a trade. Not that I consider Walters the least bit credible, but it's interesting that Jason La Canfora talked to some league personnel executives and reached the same conclusion: Jackson is the odd man out. La Canfora sees a fifth-rounder as the most compensation a T-Jack deal could get for the Vikings.

"There’s not a lot of quarterbacks available," one exec said. "A fifth (round pick) might be too high for him, because he has a ways to go. But there will be a market for him."

None of this is based on any rumors from within the Vikings organization. But I'm in agreement with Walters' and La Canfora's speculation: Sage Rosenfels and John David Booty will likely stay, T-Jack will likely go.

I'm inclined to believe that the rumors of Jackson desiring a trade if Favre joined the team were true -- despite his denial yesterday that he ever said such a thing. Indeed, I'm inclined to believe that a demotion from the 2008 starter to the 2009 third-stringer is enough for T-Jack to want out of Minnesota and seek to start fresh elsewhere.

If he wants to leave, the Vikings should let him go. Try to trade him out of the conference (or at the very least out of the division) and get whatever late-round draft pick they can. Looking beyond the Brett Favre era at the quarterback position, it's time to start over -- whether that be with Rosenfels, a draft pick, or someone else.

There are teams out there that ought to be interested in T-Jack. Sure, it's awfully late in the ballgame to be adding quarterbacks not named Brett Favre, but Jackson is a guy who has a significant amount of experience as a starter, has the athleticism and physical tools to contribute, and could ultimately settle in as a career backup.

In short, I think it's in the Vikings' best interest to cut the cord. I've questioned why Jackson would want to leave a team that has committed so much to him and would seemingly give him another chance once Favre is gone, but the demotion might be too much for him to handle. The T-Jack experiment might finally be coming to an end.

Charley Walters LMAO... at least we know now there is a ZERO percent chance T-Jack will be gone by Friday...

My prediction is the Vikes score 2 TD's Friday with T-Jack in the game... but wait Charley Walters THINKS by Friday we'll have at best a 7th rounder and he'll be gone....LOL

Stayed tuned and I'll gladly eat crow on this one... Charley Walters.. sleep

Try to trade him outside of the conference? HA!

The Vikings would more than benefit by having him IN the divsion!

Next year when Favre gallops away on his white horse and with T Jack puttering away on his mule to another team or the unemployment line in the near future, Vikings will fill the open spot with Vick after the Eagles bear the burden of easing him back into society and his past is slowly erased from the people's minds.

They can't keep 4 quarterbacks. Also, if they try to put Booty on the practice squad, he has to clear waivers and some other team will grab him. Vikes won't let that happen. Trade TJack by the end of training camp and let him put on a show for the other teams to watch over the next couple preseason games.

What Pier said, with the work we have put into TJ, it would be sad to see him go down the road.

Quick anybody....Who was the last QB the Vikes groomed for a few years and turned into a starting QB?

Brad Johnson??

Jackson is a waste of space. Stats don't mean anything when you can't help your team win. He's a warm body at QB and that's a tough one to dispute. He's got a great team around him and underwhelms at every opportunity. At least with Booty there is a chance to be good. If you haven't figured out that TJ has displayed his full potential, you're a blind talent scout.

Get what you can for Jackson, make Sage the backup, and keep an eye on other QB prospects in the league that may get cut (be a better alternative than Booty). Sage moved the offense well on Friday night. It looked better than Frerotte and Jackson did last season.

Wade Wilson?

Jackson is a waste of space. Stats don't mean anything when you can't help your team win. He's a warm body at QB and that's a tough one to dispute. He's got a great team around him and underwhelms at every opportunity. At least with Booty there is a chance to be good. If you haven't figured out that TJ has displayed his full potential, you're a blind talent scout.

Get what you can for Jackson, make Sage the backup, and keep an eye on other QB prospects in the league that may get cut (be a better alternative than Booty). Sage moved the offense well on Friday night. It looked better than Frerotte and Jackson did last season.

So you mean the game where Sage 10 of 13 for 91 yards in a preseason game with no touchdowns....

Compared to Tjs 8 of 10 against the Lions in a REAL game for 105 yards and a touchdown to keep our playoff hopes alive?? Or was it the next week against NFC champ Arizona, where he had 4 tds? Nope.... he didnt help his team win in either case?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

In no particular order, Wilson, Johnson, Gannon.

Will history repeat its self?

Dante Cullpepper!

Originally Posted By: SkunkedAgain*

So you mean the game where Sage 10 of 13 for 91 yards in a preseason game with no touchdowns....

Compared to Tjs 8 of 10 against the Lions in a REAL game for 105 yards and a touchdown to keep our playoff hopes alive?? Or was it the next week against NFC champ Arizona, where he had 4 tds? Nope.... he didnt help his team win in either case?

He won against the LIONS. Not much of a thing to brag about(remember they were 0-16). And then he beat the cardinals, I will give him that one. But I seem to remember a game against the Eagles where he completely blew it. You beat the NFC champs and then get BLOWN out against the Eagles? Yeah he really helped our team win.

I didn't say that Jackson never won a game, so feel free to keep trying to pick apart my post. However, a good QB should be throwing for 3-4 TDs per game with AP behind him....not once per career.

The fact is, this team has done almost NOTHING since Denny Green left except tease Minnesota fans with the prospect of making the playoffs. Jackson is the prototypical QB of the last 10 years. Nothing special and not worth placing our hopes for the future on.

When the cart doesn't make it to the finish line, keep changing the horses and the trainers until you find the right mix.

Real impressive, in 3 years worth of games you've brought up a win against the 0-16 lions and a game against the cardinals who at the time had packed it in for the regualar season. You are right dude, and everyone else here is wrong, what are all of us missing? LOL.

If you watched that game the other night, (and remember i've been telling you this for months now that Sage would do this), and can actually say you didnt notice the control Sage had of that offense and how crisp his reads were and did things with no hesiations, and how vintage that game was of Jacksons career, than i really don't know what to say. I have told you for months that Sage can read a defense, and that he would be sharp. Its not some flash in the pan performance like Jackson occasionally has. Its not some big surprise that he looked like he did. Dude, what exactly are you watching?

For starters I'd open your eyes James. Talk about picking and choosing...

Good one James ... wow Sage had a less than spectaluar quarter of football. WOW he really proved he's better than T-Jack ... amazing!

Highly doubtfull Sage will put up T-Jack Numbers IMO, 9TD's 2 INT a 96 QB rating and NFL PLAYER OF THE WEEK... just admit you guys were wrong about T-Jack and he proved it down the stretch last season...PERIOD. Oh but thats right he was horrible against the best defense in football at the time in the game against the Eagles.

Maybe you should coach the Vikings? LOL!

So james, would you have preferred Gus to stay in the Game and the Lions be 1-15....I will hang up and listen.....Just look at TJ's 3 years in the NFL, he has gotten better every year. You really cannot be that blind. This was goin to be TJ's year. But wait, lets try another journeymen QB in Sage. Good answer.....Lets take a look at his first 3 years.....wow, what fantastic numbers he put up.

But, instead Bert comes in on his white horse.....and now there is not much we can do about that now. Hope his arm doesnt fall off.

Last year was supposed to be Jackson's year. I agree that teams are too focused on the "perform now" mentality, but in my opinion, you can tell within a year or two if a player is going to blossom. No doubt that Jackson has gotten better, but the team mostly benefited from the emergence of Adrian Peterson.

Maybe Jackson truly could be great if you gave him enough time, but most of us doubt it. Most of the elite QB's in the league have shown their stuff by now. Jackson has mostly shown poor decision making, a lack of commitment (Williams calling him out last season for not putting the time into preparing), and failure to lead the team.