• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trading or releasing T-Jack by Friday?

FISHINGURU

How many times does that DB catch that pass right off his hands and return it to the house 70 out of 100?

Good point, just like the eagles did to Tjack in playoffs!!!

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fishin58

• gr8icefishinmind

• LMITOUT

• FISHINGURU

Get real Fishin58, who are you rooting for? I'm a vikings fan, and I enjoy having a QB that can lead us down the field with no timeouts and a minute and a half on the clock. Tjack could never have put that drive together, so quit riding Ricks coattail and enjoy the season grin

Again, you guys cant even put together your own idea or thought process. How many time out of 100 does Greg Lewis catch that ball versus how many times the Db catches the ball right to him and returns it?

Originally Posted By: fishin58
Just 1 example TJ leads us down the field and we kick a FG and the Vikings beat the Giants to make the playoffs. We win the game 20-19 behind TJ.

Minnesota - 3:10

1st-10, MIN43 3:10 A. Peterson rushed up the middle for no gain

2nd-10, MIN43 2:34 T. Jackson passed to N. Tahi to the right for 2 yard gain

3rd-8, MIN45 2:00 T. Jackson passed to B. Berrian to the right for 9 yard gain

1st-10, NYG46 1:55 A. Peterson rushed to the left for 7 yard gain

2nd-3, NYG39 1:20 A. Peterson rushed up the middle for 1 yard gain

3rd-2, NYG38 1:11 T. Jackson passed to V. Shiancoe to the right for 8 yard gain

1st-10, NYG30 0:36 A. Peterson rushed up the middle for 2 yard loss

2nd-12, NYG32 0:09 T. Jackson incomplete pass to the right

3rd-12, NYG32 0:00 R. Longwell kicked a 50-yard field goal

Whoa, whoa, whoa. You obviously don't recall that the Giants had locked up a playoff birth and played most of their bench players that game (something called David Carr).....and still almost beat the Vikings starters with Jackson at the helm.

Nothing to be proud of, Russ.

LMITOUT...The purple play the Giants again in the last regular season game. Expect them to be in a position to rest their starters AGAIN! eek Of course when MN wins that game, it will be an outstanding win against the Giants 3rd string! wink

fishin 58- face it t-jack has had his opportunity to prove himself and he cant. So what he beat the Giants to make to the playoff, big deal the Giants rested most of their starters

The only reason T-jack is still around is because of chilly. Chillys trying to grind it out and not make him looks as bad for taking such a stupid draft pic.

LOL!!!! Too bad the Pack haven't been in that position for a couple of seasons!!! Fishin58, I'd say Favre would have completed that pass 99 out of 100 times, and that DB would have returned that for a TD 1 out of 1,345 times. Sage wouldn't have made that drive either.

Again, you guys cant even put together your own idea or thought process. How many time out of 100 does Greg Lewis catch that ball versus how many times the Db catches the ball right to him and returns it?

I'd say he catches it at best 10% of the time, it wasn't a hail mary dependent only on luck so the odds are better then 1 out of 100 in my mind.

I also think the odds are slim that the DB picks it off, if the pass was thrown way behind the receiver then I can see that but any respectable QB will put that ball out in front of the receiver where only he has a shot at it. So I'll say maybe 5% of the time it gets picked off and I'd say maybe .5% that it ever gets returned for a td.

Okay we got one guy that is living in the real world, but you better go back to the tape and watch the almost guarenteed pick 6. So how am I riding coat-tails? When ever one of you haters trys the same banter and hatred towards TJ.

It seems that there are about 4 of us that stand firmly behind TJ!! Pier, rick, AWH and greaticefishin sp, and me!

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS REMEMBER THE ALAMO!!!!!!!!

If you listen to Favres post game press conf. he said the play before the T.D he made the 15 yard out pass to rice on the sideline to get a little closer so he could rocket a pass in the end zone on the last play instead of throwing up the lesser completed jump ball...

So he was thinking two plays ahead and running the show without a coach holding his hand (team on his shoulders) ...please no one insult my intelligence and tell me T.Joke will EVER be able to do the same now or two years down the road.

I have a few friends that are also Favre haters and all I can say is I think its going to be a looooong season for them...beside how much would it have sucked to watch that game as a Favre hater?

Cannot believe the Vikes didn't ship Jackson to Miami after Pennington went down on Sunday. The door was wide open.

I guess even Miami realizes they'd rather have someone better. smile

Cannot believe the Vikes didn't ship Jackson to Miami after Pennington went down on Sunday. The door was wide open.

Why would we get rid of our solid number 2 and future starter?? That doesn't make ANY sense what-so-ever!!! Sage is releasable though maybe we should ship him off.......

Originally Posted By: LMITOUT

Why would we get rid of our solid number 2 and future starter?? That doesn't make ANY sense what-so-ever!!! Sage is releasable though maybe we should ship him off.......

The only way tjack is our future starter is if he re-signs next year. Unless by future you mean when Favre gets hurt. Which seems more and more likely the way our line is pass protecting. I really don't see that happening(tjack re-signing). I think Chilly gave up on him and I think tjack will never trust Chilly to do right by him. Can't say as I blame tjack for that. Chillys project quarterback hasn't panned out exactly the way he wanted. That's probably more on Chilly than tjack. Chilly isn't the quarterback guru he thought he was. I think there are a few coaches that could have gotten way more development out of tjack. A case of Chillys ego getting him in way over his head. At this point I don't see any reason why tjack would want to play in Minnesota anymore.

I'm not quite convinced yet that TJack is our #2 guy. It might be the Vikes are just placing him there to try and up his trade-value. I've been watching the Vikes for a long time and can rarely, if ever, recall the #2 guy comming in and mopping up a game. I think there's some window-dressing going on at Winter Park and he'll be moving south shortly.

I think the "mopping up" might also be to spare the "old guy":) a few on field minutes. Maybe keep him going for a couple more games towards the end of season.

He is the FUTURE!!! Keep your t-jack jerseys cause they will be worth some major cash someday when he leads the vikes to superbowl after superbowl! A.P. and t-jack lead us to the promise land!!

How about this haters???? Notice on the catch, TJ is one of the first to celebrate with Bert on the sideline. But notice something else, he is wearing his helmet. So this only leads me to one conclusion. TJ was coming in the next play to throw the ball.

How else would you take your back-up QB, whom normally has a headset and a hat on, now with his helmet on???

Yeah they are putting him out there to show-case his talents.. Good Grief Zep! Maybe kneeling on the ball or handing it off will be a deal breaker...LOL.

The reason he's the #2 guy right now is BECAUSE HE EARNED IT for those of you with your head in the sand!

Here's where I differ a bit on this, if Favre gets hurt in say week 9 or beyound I wouldn't have a problem going with booring ole Sage as the back-up. I think his expierence could be benificial versus T-Jack who really needs to play to get in his groove. That's what bugged me about last year when Ziggy went over Chili's head and caved into the WHINNING majority "you guys" and put Gus in thus wasting valuable development time for T-Jack.

Koonie good take on the sitiation. Finally a bit of sanity from the haters side in here and I agree he probably won't resign with us. A fresh start would probably be best with all the stuborn closeminded fans we have here anyway.

You missed my point Pier. I'm not saying his on field performances are going to be a deal breaker...could care less. I'm saying that as far as the Vikes are concerned, contract wise, Sage just might be our #2 guy after the trade deadline. We'll just have to wait and see. Chilly has been on record of saying that Sage and TJack's back-up position has STILL not been set in stone and that it MAY change down the road. How do you read into that? So, up until the trade deadline, it doesn't hurt to have TJack being LISTED as the #2 guy to hopefully get something better in return.

Don't overlook the fact that, traditionally, the #3 QB is responsible for running the scout team in practice. TJ can't even run OUR offense, so I don't think I trust him to run the scout team. This could be searching for meaning, but I don't think it should be overlooked.

So who would you rather gameplan against? 2 immobile Qbs or 1 immobile and 1 athletic QB. So TJ can't run the O, wow what a studious observation. That must be why he is named the number 2 and clearly beat out Sage in every fashion in the preseason. Glad you guys are not setting the rosters.

Also haters, still can not face the facts that TJ is the number 2 right now and that there precious Sage is pouting in the corner.

Do you really feel that TJ is an elite QB? He's is a tremendous athlete for sure, but elite he is not. In looking for young quarterbacks, we need to be looking for elite! We have the best back in the league, an emerging receiving corps, one of the top 5 defenses for the past couple years. Let's get a QB in the next draft that has elite potential (Booty never did either) and develop him correctly behind a roster of quality players. If (yeah big IF) Favre plays for both years of his contract, our receivers will have played with a quality passer, and will have learned to help their quarterback out of tough situations. What better setup for a young QB to come into. I can't imagine that TJ hasn't lost a lot of confidence over the last two years, and that can be very difficult to regain. TJ has had plenty of chances, and while they may not have been in the best situations, he's not the right guy behind center. We have a runner (AP)...we need a passer.