• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trading or releasing T-Jack by Friday?

FISHINGURU

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fishin58

• gr8icefishinmind

• LMITOUT

• FISHINGURU

Just 1 example TJ leads us down the field and we kick a FG and the Vikings beat the Giants to make the playoffs. We win the game 20-19 behind TJ.

Minnesota - 3:10

1st-10, MIN43 3:10 A. Peterson rushed up the middle for no gain

2nd-10, MIN43 2:34 T. Jackson passed to N. Tahi to the right for 2 yard gain

3rd-8, MIN45 2:00 T. Jackson passed to B. Berrian to the right for 9 yard gain

1st-10, NYG46 1:55 A. Peterson rushed to the left for 7 yard gain

2nd-3, NYG39 1:20 A. Peterson rushed up the middle for 1 yard gain

3rd-2, NYG38 1:11 T. Jackson passed to V. Shiancoe to the right for 8 yard gain

1st-10, NYG30 0:36 A. Peterson rushed up the middle for 2 yard loss

2nd-12, NYG32 0:09 T. Jackson incomplete pass to the right

3rd-12, NYG32 0:00 R. Longwell kicked a 50-yard field goal

Also in the lions game last year TJ throws a TD pass to take the lead. Mind you this is to save us the embarrassment of Gus in the first half.

1st-10, MIN38 15:00 T. Jackson passed to C. Taylor to the left for 12 yard gain

1st-10, 50 14:14 T. Jackson incomplete pass to the left

2nd-10, 50 14:09 A. Peterson rushed to the right for 7 yard gain

3rd-3, DET43 13:27 T. Jackson passed to S. Rice to the right for 15 yard gain

1st-10, DET28 12:48 T. Jackson passed to A. Peterson to the left for 15 yard gain

1st-10, DET13 12:11 A. Peterson rushed to the left for 2 yard gain

2nd-8, DET11 11:22 T. Jackson passed to V. Shiancoe to the right for 11 yard touchdown. R. Longwell made PAT

Just 1 example TJ leads us down the field and we kick a FG and the Vikings beat the Giants to make the playoffs. We win the game 20-19 behind TJ.

Minnesota - 3:10

1st-10, MIN43 3:10 A. Peterson rushed up the middle for no gain

2nd-10, MIN43 2:34 T. Jackson passed to N. Tahi to the right for 2 yard gain

3rd-8, MIN45 2:00 T. Jackson passed to B. Berrian to the right for 9 yard gain

1st-10, NYG46 1:55 A. Peterson rushed to the left for 7 yard gain

2nd-3, NYG39 1:20 A. Peterson rushed up the middle for 1 yard gain

3rd-2, NYG38 1:11 T. Jackson passed to V. Shiancoe to the right for 8 yard gain

1st-10, NYG30 0:36 A. Peterson rushed up the middle for 2 yard loss

2nd-12, NYG32 0:09 T. Jackson incomplete pass to the right

3rd-12, NYG32 0:00 R. Longwell kicked a 50-yard field goal

Whoa, whoa, whoa. You obviously don't recall that the Giants had locked up a playoff birth and played most of their bench players that game (something called David Carr).....and still almost beat the Vikings starters with Jackson at the helm.

Nothing to be proud of, Russ.

fishin58, those things never happened. I just read it a few posts earlier. Quit using facts, we don't like those here! T-Jack has NEVER lead the team to a victory. I don't know how many times I've read it here. So it must be true!

Aaron

limit, so we lose that game, we lose the lions game, we lose the cardinals game? How do you make the playoffs if you lose all three of those games? When 2 out of the 3 TJ won in the 4th Quarter and the other he throws 4 Td's and gets NFC player of the week.

Some quotes from the post-game news story regarding the aforementioned Giants game:

Quote:
When Jackson found a wide-open Bernard Berrian for a 54-yard touchdown pass to cut New York's lead to two points midway through the fourth quarter, it was a third-string cornerback -- Terrell Thomas -- who fell down trying to cover him.

Quote:
Really, it was the Giants who gave the Vikings all they could handle despite a bunch of backups on the field and a clearly conservative offensive strategy in the second half.

And the best one yet, characterizing Jackson's "awesome" drive to win the game:

Quote:
The Vikings then crawled through a frantic, unorganized final drive and got just close enough for Longwell to kick the winner.

limit, so we lose that game, we lose the lions game, we lose the cardinals game? How do you make the playoffs if you lose all three of those games? When 2 out of the 3 TJ won in the 4th Quarter and the other he throws 4 Td's and gets NFC player of the week.

fishin58,

How about a recap of the Vikings run through the NFC Playoffs last year. I remember as the NFC North champs they got to host the wild card Philadelphia Eagles. Tarvaris was the starting QB for the Vikings. I just can't find the stats off hand for that game, I'm sure you got the stats.

Thanks!

The facts here are that the T-Jack haters will say that certain things have NEVER happened (and never will). Fishin58 simply supplied some proof that never DID happen. (how is that possible?) And then because the proof is provided, we need to discredit it for some reason. Never is never, boys and girls. Not much gray area there. Regardless of the circumstances surrounding the events, it proves a lack of credibility behind the comments (many, not all) bashing Jackson.

The fact of the matter is that a guy like Brett Favre has had more really bad games in his career than total games that T-Jack has played. But why dwell on every bad moment? People that do that can't admit that T-Jack has played well at times. It's really not any different than the people that hate Brett Favre and are convinced that he's guaranteed to fail this year. They dwell on the negatives and can't see the positves that he brings to the table.

Aaron

fishin58,

How about a recap of the Vikings run through the NFC Playoffs last year. I remember as the NFC North champs they got to host the wild card Philadelphia Eagles. Tarvaris was the starting QB for the Vikings. I just can't find the stats off hand for that game, I'm sure you got the stats.

Thanks!

No need for any more stats. This pretty much sums it up:

Good one, Limit! You mean T-Jack hasn't refined his abilities on the defenseive side of the ball? Yep, that sums it up!

Or....we could go back to what this thread was initially all about. How many times did we read that Sage is CLEARLY better than T-Jack?

sage.jpg

Talk about lift off!!!

Funny how Sage finds himself below the guy he is CLEARLY better than on the depth chart. How do these things happen?

Aaron

I'm not an NFL coach, so maybe I'm wrong. But I'm pretty sure that WINNING THE GAME is the focus when deciding a depth chart. That's funny though, I'll give you that!

Aaron

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Do you think they would list Jackson as #3 if they want to get a decent trade for him? Come on.
LOL...you're kidding right? Wait...it's something else you're up to....

Originally Posted By: LMITOUT
bench players that game (something called David Carr).....and still almost beat the Vikings starters with Jackson at the helm.

Nothing to be proud of, Russ.

I don't recall T-Jack playing a Giants defense that David Carr was a part of?

Ohhhh, I almost forgot, you're a packers fan stretching the facts or just throwing out koonies "blah blah blahs" and trolling here laugh

I don't recall T-Jack playing a Giants defense that David Carr was a part of?

Ha, no, but if we're going to put the 'W' beside Jackson's name lets get the whole truth and nothing but the truth, which is that Jackson is no John Elway. Never will be either, no matter how much Kool-Aid you guys chug.

As I said way back in this thread, this thread has got to be a joke or people really like to push other's buttons because no sane person would stand behind Jackson. notallthere.gif

I see plenty of buttons being pushed by both sides on this issue. A guy that calls himself LMITOUT pushes as many as anybody. But you do it well, so nice job!

Aaron

As I said way back in this thread, this thread has got to be a joke or people really like to push other's buttons because no sane person would stand behind Jackson.
Another koonie "Blah blah blah" statement by a packer backer trolling notallthere.gif.

I do like Favre better right now.

In a couple of years who knows how good T-Jack may be. I don't and neither do the T-Jack haters.

You haters make a lot of outrageous statements and state them as fact when they are NOT!!!

You haters make a lot of outrageous statements and state them as fact when they are NOT!!!

T-Jack doesnt have the smarts
LOL, SledNeck just made my point smile

I dont think t-jack has what it takes to be a good NFL QB, he doesnt have the smarts

I completly agree with sledneck

Originally Posted By: FISHINGURU
3-0 WITH FAVRE

1-2 WITH JUNKSON

And you know this how crow eaters? laugh

Maybe koonie can come on with his vast football knowledge and defend your stance with some more blah blah blah statements smile

And there it is! More blah blah blah. Once again you came on to pad your 10000 posts and said absolutely nothing. Shouldn't you at least be calling someone a packer fan.

I still don't understand why you think anyone that isn't a Tjack fan should be eating crow.

As far as my football knowledge goes, it is only vast in comparison to yours.

So Rick. Tell me. What do you think of our quarterback situation? Is Tjack, if he resigns, our long term quarterback solution? Where does Sage fit in? Do you think Tjack could have done what Favre did on Sunday? Can Tjack read defenses, call audibles, and take over the team and pass them to victory?

I really want to hear your OPINION. Normally you are just calling people out. So lets hear what you think.

I gotta be honest though. If you asked me right now what this thread was originally about. I'd have to say I don't remember.

Ideal situation. Put Favres brain in Tjacks body. Winner!

T-Jack doesnt have the smarts
Originally Posted By: SledNeck
How is it not a fact? Ive seen T-Jack play
smile Yep, your opinion is now a fact right....

So Rick. Tell me. What do you think of our quarterback situation? Is Tjack, if he resigns, our long term quarterback solution? Where does Sage fit in? Do you think Tjack could have done what Favre did on Sunday? Can Tjack read defenses, call audibles, and take over the team and pass them to victory?

I really want to hear your OPINION.

I think T-Jack might be our long term answer. I haven't seen enough from our developmental QB yet. I have seen enough to know he played very well in a number of pressure situations at the end of last season. I also know he folded in the play-offs as most first time play-off QBs do. If you take a look at T-jacks last five games he has gained valuable experiance and has shown progressive improvement. His main issues were the conservative play selection which left him in too many must pass situations for a young QB, his defensive reads where he checked down far to often and the right side of our offensive line. Take out the offensive line issue and both the remaining issues are products of experiance and those change as a young QB progresses...if he is ever to be a quality NFL QB.

Had that been T-Jack and not Favre at the end of the SF game I think we lose that one.

I'm hoping T-Jack learns from watching Favre on a daily basis.

If I talked like a T-jack hater all of the above opinion would be stated as fact or skewed.

The only true closet packer backer here is LMIT laugh

My opinion which has been stated previously is that Favre is and should be leading the team. I'm happy to have T-Jack and Sage as our back-ups. We're in a better situation than most if Favre goes down.

As for you T-Jack haters eating crow, everytime you stated something negative would be caused by T-Jack or something negative would happen to him IT DIDN'T.

The start of this thread is a perfect example of someone who is now eating crow whether he knows it or not. laugh

Almighty Bert Worshipers can you be honest or at least a realist for 1 second? How many times out of 100 is that pass complete? 2 maybe 3? How many times does that DB catch that pass right off his hands and return it to the house 70 out of 100?