• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trading or releasing T-Jack by Friday?

FISHINGURU

Actually, if T-Jack was the QB today instead of Favre, they may not have needed to come back and win at the end because they would have already had the game in hand. Favre is the hero because he came up huge when it mattered. But he didn't have a great game. Vikings could have/should have won easily today.

I make my T-Jack comment tongue in cheek, because unlike some people, I'm not able to draw conclusions on something that never happened. But it's not far fetched at all to think that Jackson could have had a better performance than Favre today, minus the final drive.

Aaron

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fishin58

• gr8icefishinmind

• LMITOUT

• FISHINGURU

If Jackson were QB today we'd have gotten smoked, period. They shut down AP, Jackson would have folded like a cheap suit.

Actually, if T-Jack was the QB today instead of Favre, they may not have needed to come back and win at the end because they would have already had the game in hand. Favre is the hero because he came up huge when it mattered. But he didn't have a great game. Vikings could have/should have won easily today.

I make my T-Jack comment tongue in cheek, because unlike some people, I'm not able to draw conclusions on something that never happened. But it's not far fetched at all to think that Jackson could have had a better performance than Favre today, minus the final drive.

Aaron

where in the world do you live on the moon?

get real

Exactly the kinds of comments I was expecting from the T-Jack haters. Do I think that the Vikings would have won easily if T-Jack was in there instead of Favre? Absolutely not. Do I think the Vikings would have won without Favre today? Probably not. But I'm also willing to admit that T-Jack could have very well played better than Favre today. Take away the final drive and who honestly thinks Favre had a great game today? I'm not taking anything away from what the guy did today. But it's allowed to do more than just worship the guy and be critical of the bad things he did today as well. The second to last drive he nearly sealed the game for the Niners. Dre Bly could have easily taken it the other way for 6. In addition to being good, you need to be lucky sometimes too, and Favre was both today.

Aaron

And jackson would have to have been VERY lucky to have kept it close. Hey, I'm not a jackson hater, but when they shut down the run and games were on his shoulders, he showed he didn't have what it takes to win. Favre didn't have a great game, timing with wideouts needs work, but he did ENOUGH. Theres the difference.

If Jackson were QB today we'd have gotten smoked, period. They shut down AP, Jackson would have folded like a cheap suit.

Exactly what he was talkin about, you all ASSUME these things when you really have no idea how things would have turned out!!

And jackson would have to have been VERY lucky to have kept it close. Hey, I'm not a jackson hater, but when they shut down the run and games were on his shoulders, he showed he didn't have what it takes to win. Favre didn't have a great game, timing with wideouts needs work, but he did ENOUGH. Theres the difference.

And all of that was BEFORE this season, people do learn from year to year and get better!! Be optimistic! wink

ummm...aren't we all just expressing opinions on what we think would happen?? Mine is based on his past performence, which is the best indicator we have of what he'd have done if he'd have been in there today.

I don't know, I love the "they shut down AP so T-Jack would have sucked and the Vikings would lose" comments. I'm sure everyone knows that AP only ran for 3 yards the last time they faced the Niners. Does everyone also realize that the Vikings won that game 27-7 and T-Jack was the QB? The game after that, AP didn't do too well either. But T-Jack was QB and they won. This was actually during the middle of winning 6 out of 7. The only loss being a game where Jackson didn't play due to injury. Two of those wins were games where AP didn't play at all. And only one where he ran for over 100 yards. How quickly we forget. Or act like it didn't happen...

And gr8icefishinmind is correct. There's no way to know what would happen. You put different personnel in the game or have different results on even a single play, it can change the entire course of a game. You put T-Jack in that game and it's possible they win by 20, it's possible they lose by 20. As they say, that's why they play the game!

Aaron

If Favre keeps taking shots like he did again today or decides to go throw some blocks he's going to be missing a few games. Then we'll be happy we got Sage and kept T Jack.

Right on there! You have to love the way the guy plays. But let's hope he remembers he's 40 and doesn't attempt to take on the middle linebackers of every team!

Aaron

I think Favre played pretty well, minus a few passes. We also had to many drops especially Berrian. Hopefully it all comes together next week! I feel he is getting more comfortable each game. T-Jack has a way to go to be a quality NFL starter.

Chad

Aaron

Blah blah blah. Same thing every time. "It could happen". "You never know". Of course, this logic can sound legit in any argument. Monkeys could conceivably fly out of my butt. You can't prove that wrong either.

Isn't that what the T-Jack haters base their stance on? It could happen that he won't succeed, you never know. But the people on that side of the arguement are able to see the future, so they're able to say it as fact. Us less fortunate people that aren't able to clearly see the future more clearly than the past can only look at things objectively. When we do that, we do the unthinkable. We actually are willing to watch something happen before we conclude the outcome.

Why would I try to prove it wrong about monkeys flying out of your butt? Bruce Almighty made it happen. No reason to think it couldn't happen to any of us!

Aaron

T-Jack has the opportunity to learn an immeasurable amount being with Favre for a year or two.

If he absorbs any significant knowledge from watching and playing with the old guy, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if T-Jack does one day become our solid number 1.

Originally Posted By: AWH

Aaron

Blah blah blah. Same thing every time. "It could happen". "You never know". Of course, this logic can sound legit in any argument. Monkeys could conceivably fly out of my butt. You can't prove that wrong either.

Pot meet Kettle!

Possibly 2-1 but more than likely 3-0 with T-Jack. Like LMIT said and lets not kid kid ourselves here Favre is much better than T-Jack in the 2 minute offense and we probably don't march down which means the field goal is not blocked and we win fairly easily.

Don't feed the poor sports on this any more guys most of us with an open rational thinking mind new T-Jack was better than Sage and he's a lot better than the box they "HATERS" put them selves in at the begining of last year and can not escape from.

Let's just all be thankfull we have a good back-up and a make due 3rd teamer in Sage in-case something happens to Favre! smile

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators
If Jackson were QB today we'd have gotten smoked, period.
And you know this for a fact how????

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

3-0 WITH FAVRE

1-2 WITH JUNKSON

And you know this how crow eaters? laugh

Maybe koonie can come on with his vast football knowledge and defend your stance with some more blah blah blah statements smile

Rick, it's very simple. They have an amazing ability to see the future before it happens. I think we should all pool up our money here at Fishing MN and have them go to Vegas. We will all be able to retire early!

Aaron

wow, I cant believe there are still people that feel we should have TJack as our starter over Favre. I never looked in this thread cause I thought it was all the same ol TJack bashing.

Amazing

Well it still is sled....for the most part. I think we have picked up a few believers for TJ's future though. Week 12 and Tjs reamergence will come pretty fast wink

SledNeck,

This thread isn't about T-Jack vs. Favre. It's about T-Jack versus the haters, first. And T-Jack vs Sage, second. With the exception of maybe a few tongue in cheek comments, I don't think there is anyone here that believes T-Jack is a better option than Favre this year. Even among T-Jack supporters, consensus is that he's right where he belongs for 2009.

Aaron

wow, I cant believe there are still people that feel we should have TJack as our starter over Favre. I never looked in this thread cause I thought it was all the same ol TJack bashing.

Amazing

None of us think that tjack should be starting over favre........but we are sticking up for the fact that the kid is a good NFL qb and has a bright future if given the chance! Hopefully tjack relizes how lucky he is to be sitting behind favre for this year and possibly next and learns from him!!!

Like LMIT said and lets not kid kid ourselves here Favre is much better than T-Jack in the 2 minute offense and we probably don't march down which means the field goal is not blocked and we win fairly easily.

I certainly don't believe that would be the case, and if Jackson was in there the Vikes lose by no less than 14.

I love all the people who rip the guys who say we would have lost with TJack. They say you never know. They give Drew Brees as an example. So, the evidence they are putting forth is akin with the monkey/butt comment followed by 1 guy (oh, I forgot Gannon), make that 2 guys who came on late. Maybe, just maybe, we should list the QBs that played a few years and didnt pan out. Hmmm, wonder if that list would be longer than 2? I think it is safe to say that for every Brees, there are 50 or more that didnt make it. Ryan Leaf anyone?

What has been brought up (and somehow discounted) is that Tjack has NEVER, NOT ONE SINGLE TIME, shredded a defense when we needed a late game drive. It is just as likely, or more likely, that we would have gotten blown out because of a bunch of stalled drives and passes of 3 yards on 3rd and 9. Maybe Tjack would have thrown 2 picks, maybe he would have fumbled, who knows, they are just as likely has him doing something he has never done. Deal with the facts, he has not shown himself to be a competent passer when needed. Period. You can monkey/butt all the scenarios you want, but those are the facts.