• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trading or releasing T-Jack by Friday?

FISHINGURU

Originally Posted By: AWH
At this point, T-Jack could go to another team and be a Pro Bowl QB for many years and the T-Jack bashers would still be bashing.

Jackson going to the Pro Bowl is something we'll never have to worry about.....

That'd be like saying the Gophers are going to win the Rose Bowl in the next 25 years.

You made my point for me, thanks. Even dealing with a hypothetical situation, it's dismissed as an impossibility. If (if is hypothetical!) it were to happen you would dismiss it somehow, just like you already have.

Another hypothetical for you. If Sage someday leads the Vikings to a Super Bowl title, I'm sure every T-Jack supporter here will be willing to say that they're happy Sage was the QB instead of T-Jack. But to spin it your way, that will be something we'll never have to worry about....

Aaron

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fishin58

• gr8icefishinmind

• LMITOUT

• FISHINGURU

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Coming around to what?

There's no question that between Booty and Jackson, Booty has to be the one released if they aren't going to carry 4QB's on the roster.

Now if it were between Sage and Jackson, there were be no question Jackson would be given the boot.

Just a Packer Fan's opinion...

Dan Barreiro (on Twitter) keeps it very simple and sums it up perfectly.

"DanBarreiroKFAN Why such teeth-gnashing over QBs? Keep T-Jack; looks like 2nd-best QB. Cut Booty; if he's claimed by another team, who cares?"

Hopefully the Vikings are smart enough to see it the same way.

Aaron

Sage as of last night was the number two guy. I would have thought they would have played him first, but they played Jackson first and straight. Booty and Sage where switched in and out. I figure this either means something like showcasing or maybe a push for a reason? I think if anything, Jackson played a good 1.8760 quarters last night.

I do think Chilly does still have good thoughts in T-Rex and you never know we could have 4 QB's still on the roster in the morning:

Now, unless the Vikings surprise everyone and keep four quarterbacks -- "There is certainly a scenario where that could happen," Childress said Monday -- there is going to be an odd man out.

"Those conversations would definitely be internal," Childress said. "I don't think they're external at this time, but you guys are free to conjecture and make your fantasy roster for the Vikings. I'm sure we'll have plenty of those conversations."

The more I think about it, I think we are going to have 4 QB's on the roster this year. grin

Either way, the Vike's have a good schedule this year (at least an almost guarantee to make the play off's), a strong first string, a starting QB that is great, and IMO the best chance they have had for a great year since about 2002-2003 season.

You know what's ridiculous? If you go to the Vikings' website it says that there is a report that Booty was waived but they are unable to confirm it.

say what?

Releasing Booty was the only QB move that made sense. Glad to see the Vikings "get it" and the media hype that Jackson was going to be gone was nothing more than the media making noise again.

Aaron

The fact of the matter is that no other team wanted Jackson because they "get it", so the Vikings had no choice but to cut Booty.

The FACT of the matter is that the vikings realized that it would be a major mistake to let a qb go that would be able to lead this team if favre goes down! Jackson and favre will now be able to share each others wisdom of the game and learn from each other! When Jackson becomes our starter when favre retires in a year or two he will look and play like favre!!! But seriously, keeping jackson was the best move for the team and the teams future!!

Or could it be that the Vikings weren't shopping him? A few in the media were actually saying that they didn't believe that they were actually shopping him as many were reporting. So what's the truth? Unless someone with the Vikings comes out and says they were shopping him (I still haven't heard/seen anything but speculation), we'll never know.

And if they were shopping him, other teams aren't stupid. They knew the Vikings were in a situation where they needed to make a decision/move at the QB position. Other teams "get it". Why would any team offer what the guy is worth and what the Vikings would ask for the guy? This doesn't mean no other team wanted him.

But spin it that way if you'd like, and we all know you will. After all, you are claiming this as "fact", so I'm sure you have the sources to back it up (which we'll all wait for).

The real fact is, the Vikings made the right move.

Aaron

This move today was a no brainer. Now they have an actual decision to make, who to list as inactive on opening day. Hopefully it won't matter and Favre will stay healthy all year. But it's still an important decision they'll be faced with each week.

Aaron

It certainly was a no-brainer except to those with the self-professed football minds officially known as T-Jack haters in these parts smile

Yet after all this debate, not one person has stated WHY the Vikings chose to trade for Sage, and then sign Favre. Was it the HUGE amount of confidence the Vikings had in T-Junk? If the Vikings really had that much confidence in Junkson, why would they of even considered signing Favre? Right after going out and trading for Sage? I REALLY want to know why a team would do this to a QB who "gets it".

Your answer is simply, T-Jack was developing nicely for a devolopmental QB. He was by no means a proven commodity. He's started 17 games and in my opinion they started him in those games too early. He should be ready to prove he has the it factor or not by next season. Sage is a high quality back-up QB and we needed one in case T-Jack flopped, which unfortunately for the T-Jack haters wasn't happening this pre-season.

The sage signing was so that we had a decent number 2 qb to backup t-jack which would have been sage and then keep booty to watch and learn! Why wouldn't you sign favre if you were any team without a superstar qb???

For all u sage supporters......if sage is sooo fantastic and "gets it" why did the vikes sign favre??? Why not just go with sage??

looks like we keep junkson...i had a feeling chilly didn't want to admit to failure...didn't help any that we didn't get any decent offers.

atleast he's where he belongs on the bench!

As a T-Jack supporter, I was very happy with the Sage acquisition and I was also happy with the Favre move. They were both moves to improve the team. You need a quality backup QB. Where would the Patriots have been last year if they had not had a quality guy behind Brady? Having a Brooks Bollinger, Kelly Holcomb, JD Booty caliber QB behind ANY starting QB would be scary, to say the least. Bringing in someone such as Sage to push T-Jack and even compete with him is also a smart move. Why would you not do this?

And even with these two guys, why would you not sign Favre if you have the opportunity to do so? For one, it improves your team. And what could be a better situation for T-Jack than to watch and learn for another year. Would Aaron Rodgers be the caliber of QB he is today if he hadn't been able to watch and learn from Favre for a few years? That's something that we will never know, obviously. But if you ask him, I'm sure he will tell you that it helped in his development. And although T-Jack would rather be on the field playing, this can only help in his development as well.

For someone that doesn't like T-Jack and is looking for any little thing he can to take shots at the guy, moves like getting Sage and Favre are easy ammunition for them. When in reality it can be looked at as one (with Sage), you need healthy competition and depth at every position. And two (with Favre), that T-Jack isn't ready this year to do what Favre is capable of (nor is Sage). I can't believe that these things can really be that hard to comprehend. But when the hatred is so strong for a guy, I guess that's the only vantage point one can see things from. Blinders....

Aaron

looks like we keep junkson...i had a feeling chilly didn't want to admit to failure.
It's either Chili or You FG who won't admit to failure as a football mind laugh

My bet is you won't admit Chili might know a bit more than you smile

I'm pretty sure Chili kept his three best QBs on the team even though you surely sound like you disagree.

Still not sure why you haters hate him so much.

I'll bet part of it is because he makes you eat crow a little too often. wink

Blinders....

Yep, just keep those blinders on so nothing distracts you from those all-telling stats.

Unbelievable....

Again..can never admit when you are wrong and others are right!! It happens to all of us at one time or another, it would probably be good for you to admit you were wrong otherwise your head tends to get too big!! wink And what is wrong with stats anyways??? Stats are a a fact....your thoughts, are not facts!!

Funny, you three or four are the only ones who think Jackson is worth keeping around. 31 other teams didn't want him. Neither do the majority of the fans. Time to face reality. Try watching a game once instead of just the box score on Monday mornings. Maybe then you'll get a clue on what's really going on with your boy.

I'm still trying to figure out why you say I'm wrong? 31 other teams didn't want him so, yes, it was in the Vikings' best interest to retain him and release Booty. That's just common sense. That doesn't mean they want him on the roster though and will likely dump him the first chance they get. The best thing that can happen now is for some other team to have a QB injury and needs a back up. This means the Vikes could possibly get the best deal for Jackson. Right now he's nothing but dead weight.

Unbelievable....

Something all sides should be able to agree on when it comes to this thread!

But as long as YOU are bringing up stats...we both agree that stats don't tell even half the story. But stats DO tell part of the story. So why are you so quick to dismiss EVERY stat? Maybe because stats are factual and something that can be proven?

I should explain my stance before you try to twist it. I do not base my support of Jackson based on his stats. I base it on what I've seen from him on the field. I base it on his talent level and his ability. I base it on the fact that his play has continued to improve from his first game to his most recent game. But maybe improvement isn't one of the things we should look for in players. If you refuse to admit that T-Jack has shown steady improvement, the stats WILL prove otherwise. But go ahead and dismiss the stats as meaningless. Maybe it wasn't T-Jack that created his stats.

While I'm sure that you will say that there's more to the story than his stats - I agree! He has shown improvement in areas that a stat sheet will not show. But that's not the question here. Why is every stat meaningless in your eyes?

The next thing we're going to hear is that the scoreboard is meaningless because it's nothing more than a stat.

Aaron

I'm not sure what stats I've brought up, but most things you've said have been half-truths or things you've half-heard and then taken as gospel so who knows at this point what you're talking about.

One more time since it seems to be slow to sink in for you.

Stats are fine, but they don't tell the whole story. Just watch the guy and how he runs an offense or reads a defense. When he's out there it's a car wreck waiting to happen on every play. More often than not he's running for his life and throwing up ducks or divebombing balls into the dirt to avoid taking a sack.

It was night and day difference watching Sage come in on Friday night and how he acts under center. Hard counts to draw the defense into showing their blitz, etc. Jackson looks like he's playing Madden, hitting the A button to snap the ball and then seeing what happens next. There is more to running the team than the stats show and that's the "it" factor I speak of. I guess if you understood the game you'd see that.

31 other teams didn't want him.

Provide us with one source from one team (that means from someone on the payroll in an NFL team's front office) that says they didn't want T-Jack and that will be a start. I'm sure that won't be very difficult since no other team would want him. I didn't hear about anyone trying to trade for AP. Apparently no one else wants him. Dang, I guess the Vikes are just stuck with him!

One NFL guru on one of the major national networks was saying tonight that the Vikings had to keep T-Jack over Booty even if they aren't sold on him (Not saying that's how it is. It was laid out there as a hypothetical). Why? Because teams will be looking for QBs during the season when they have a starter go down and T-Jack has more trade value than Sage. In other words, an asset. Interesting! Not saying that this is true or not. But it's an interesting perspective from someone that has a less biased take on the Vikings QB situation. And if there would be higher trade value for T-Jack and no one wants him, what does this say for Sage?

Aaron

It's fun to read posts that so called football know it alls like LMIT throw out!! How can you watch all these games and not see that he is getting better and has shown alot of improvement this year compared to last!

Even if he is third string, why wouldn't u keep him here to watch and learn.....it's plain stupid not to!!

And stats are very important when comparing cause stats are facts and not someone made up.....like the things that you are spitting out!!! wink

Playoff games are way different that season games! The atmosphere is different and the hype is different! So to say he showed improvement in a PLAYOFF GAME......i guess i have nothing to base last years game off of, maybe a few more playoff games before that one and i could say yes or no!!!